What's new

Who is the oldest and youngest Emutalk members?

kazooie

I fondly remember my 1st computer - ZX Spectrum 48K. There's actually quite a community who are into emulating these old beasts.

I downloaded + tried one out - zx32 is the name of the emulator. It all worked perfectly but of course it wasn't as good as I remember it from back in the day. To just clinically play the games now does nothing to relive the excitement and wonder of when this was cutting-edge stuff.

Also I missed all that frustration of loading games from an audio cassette (and the joy when it finally loaded after the 10th attempt).

Although I hate to say it (as really the whole 'point' of emulation is supposed to be to keep these ground-breaking games alive), I would rather keep my fond memories intact and will probebly delete the emulator and roms.

I guess it's a bit like when you go back and visit the neighbourhood you grew up in and feel dissappointed that it's not how you remember it.

Last edited:

nullroute

Lost and loving it
kazooie said:
I guess it's a bit like when you go back and visit the neighbourhood you grew up in and feel dissappointed that it's not how you remember it.
Agreed...
ZX Spectrum Emu's
.oO( wounder if there are Timex Cincare(sp?) Emu's )
nevermind... wouldn't really want to see one.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
alexa999 said:
I dont care how old you think I am because you'll never know.

That means young, it would suprise me if he was over 15

Edit: And why bother taking part in a f**king age thread if you are not going to post your age. God damn spammers :ranting:

Last edited:

Alex3305

:: e M u :: M a S t E r ::
I am the youngest one over here :D
I am 14 and I am going to be 15 in February 2004 :D
LOL

Anyone younger ?

D

DWells55

Alex3305 said:
I am the youngest one over here :D
I am 14 and I am going to be 15 in February 2004 :D
LOL

Anyone younger ?

Yup, I'm younger. 13 years old. In your face, geezer! Lol, jk. I'm turning 14 in November. Would you believe I'm A High School freshman?

D

DWells55

dayve said:
Someone else not old enough to read either... I realise the irony in my post.
I just felt like posting and not letting the thread die.

Talas

Son of the Sky
DWells55 said:
I just felt like posting and not letting the thread die.

:martin64: I´m 23. So I think I am quite average (on this board at least :jason: ) :whistling