What's new

wHaT gAmEs ArE sPeCiaL to YOU?

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
2fast4u said:
sid & al's incredible toon machine ;) (if anyone remembers)

2fast you have MEGA GOOD taste in games, that one ruled, tim1, tim2, tim2 win, tim3, toons 1 addon, and lastly toons 2 (sid & al's incredible toons II ) were also great games.

adi

get out of my house
i know im gonna get flamed for this, but I actually found max payne pretty cool and fun to play. yeah the story/acting was crap but i enjoyed it while it lasted. rtcw was pretty overrated

B*A*G*G said:

i agree, the whole system was underrated.
i think the saturn owned, its prolly my most played console to date.
shining force 3 deserved alot more respect.
and it was a good system for porting cps-2 & SNK arcades expecially with Mr. 4 MEG ram cart.

plus it came with in built memory for game saves... and the expansion memory was hugeeee... no memory card malarkey

2fast4u

Ogy said:

2fast you have MEGA GOOD taste in games, that one ruled, tim1, tim2, tim2 win, tim3, toons 1 addon, and lastly toons 2 (sid & al's incredible toons II ) were also great games.

im glad u share my opinion :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
theacj said:
rtcw was pretty overrated

yes it was. its because of the test demo they released before the actual game. I found that demo to be very addictive. (must have spent 50+ hours on that 1 map) The retail was quite a letdown :(

IMO, Bejeweled is very overrated. is there anything that it does that Tetris Attack didnt do on SNES?

Eddy

I Run This
overated:

zelda MM
Quake III
Soul Calibur
Tekken series (With the exception of 2)
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy 8
SSB Melee
MGS2

underrated:
final fantasy 7, in my opinion, the best game ever
grim fandango, in my opinion, the best adventure game ever
pikmin
NiGHTS

Eddy

I Run This
MAX PAYNE WAS NOT A LETDOWN, the game was pretty good, unique, and new. fresh. The story was good, i liked the speech and the voice acting alot, the only problem i found was no netplay, oh and the short story and gay ending

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
watch as I agree with 2fast4u

BLACK and WHITE was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO over rated and a waste of my money that's why i took it back. (but i kept the pic for my avtar)
UnderRated would have to be Terranigma. Great Action RPG for the SNES with a GREAT story. as good as a regular RPG story would be. I dont even know if it was released in the us but i played it for the first time on Zsnes and crapped my pants when i was done. UP THERE WITH ZELDA TITLES!!!

Josep

eyerun4phun
Eddy said:
MAX PAYNE WAS NOT A LETDOWN, the game was pretty good, unique, and new. fresh. The story was good, i liked the speech and the voice acting alot,

OMG!!!!
/me slapping eddy around

Get a hold of yourself man! a good story?! I could make a better story by going to the zoo and telling you how sexy i think the giraffes neck's are! Thats how pointless that story was, everytime there was a cutscene i just kept clicking past it. VOICE ACTING?! wtf?! Terrbile descriptions, it was trying to be a book inside of a shoot'em up "cool techonlogy" game. It was very fun graphics and stuff, other than that it disgusted me...

Definitly underrated FF8, had a great score, extremely in-depth storyline, WHY don't the ff games ever put actual digital remastered themes in full orchastras in the actual game-play, i guess we'll never know!:)

Shenmue 2 again is really underrated for right now, until its release on the overrated system(x-box) you guys will only know till it comes out on that;)

Brokic

God
FF8 was great near as good as FF7 which is the best game ever for me.
The most underrated game...
Castlevania: simphony of the night!!!!

OP
B

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Brokic said:
FF8 was great near as good as FF7 which is the best game ever for me.
The most underrated game...
Castlevania: simphony of the night!!!!
Symphony of the night was the best game of all time (besides super Metroid), how could it be underrated?
i thought FF8 was one of the best too, the junction system was one of squares best creations yet. too bad most people were way too stupid to understand it (what a bunch of dumb asses:plain2: ).

Eagle

aka Alshain
I loved Final Fantasy 8, but I liked 9 better and 7 better than that. I liked the Junction system, but I hated the draw system

blizz

I liked the draw system it actually made the last boss difficult even if you have maxed out your stats ;)

OP
B

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
the draw system was easy and addicting, once you have the right balance of gf's equip it aint hard to draw 9 spells every time.
its a pretty fun task for character development.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Eddy said:
underrated:
final fantasy 7, in my opinion, the best game ever

Josep said:
Definitly underrated FF8, had a great score, extremely in-depth storyline, WHY don't the ff games ever put actual digital remastered themes in full orchastras in the actual game-play, i guess we'll never know!:)

u guys, there is no such thing as an under-rated Final Fantasy (im talking about the main series). Come on, dont u remember the huge hype when FF7 came out, and the hype that FF8 got from FF7? The only one that can be considered underrated (compared to the others) would be FF9. Many people who only played FF7 and up considered it bad because of the midgets.

OP
B

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
pj64er said:
u guys, there is no such thing as an under-rated Final Fantasy (im talking about the main series). Come on, dont u remember the huge hype when FF7 came out, and the hype that FF8 got from FF7? The only one that can be considered underrated (compared to the others) would be FF9. Many people who only played FF7 and up considered it bad because of the midgets.
i remember the crap hype that ff8 got because people were too incompatible to adapt to something as "so called" confusing as the junction system. people bashed that game on every forum i can think of.

Phantom

Most overated game ever has to be : Black and White, omfg i played it for like 3 hrs then gave up trying to get back into it again but its not easy.

Underated game... hmm i dont know... Mario Party, i had soooooooo much fun on that game