What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Zorcher

This has already been mentioned, but a feature to make sure the calibration of a controller is correct. I've already gone through 2 PC Game controllers and both of the control sticks are worn. I currently use the Gamecube controller plus the 3-in-1 Magic Joy Box converter to use it on my PC but the drivers don't fix the calibration problems that the controller causes, so a visibility indicator for setting deadzone would be nice.

SkateManitoba

Hey Yeah Do Anyone Of You People Know How i Can Hook My Mouse To Move Around With Project 64? Or Is That Impossible Cause I Do Not Have A Controller For My Computer And I Wanted To Like Make The Controlls Like Counter Strike For Like PErfect Drak So I Could use The Mouse If There Is A Way To Do That Can Someone Please Let Me Know

Thanks..

smcd

Hey Yeah Do Anyone Of You People Know How i Can Hook My Mouse To Move Around With Project 64? Or Is That Impossible Cause I Do Not Have A Controller For My Computer And I Wanted To Like Make The Controlls Like Counter Strike For Like PErfect Drak So I Could use The Mouse If There Is A Way To Do That Can Someone Please Let Me Know

Thanks..

You Can Use N-Rage's Plugin To Allow It And Also You Can Use Darkman's DInput Plugin. Also, in the future do not type as the above sentence (and paragrah) are, please. It makes for very hard reading.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I was thinking of another suggestion... how about multiple speaker support for soundcards that allow 4, 6 and 8 channels? I have tried Jabo's Direct sound plugin, and it doesn't support it, while Zilmar's_Audio does.

As for the multi-channels, the reason I don't use Zimar's is that it makes the game's sounds pop frequently. I haven't found any other plugin that supports it correctly, and would love to see it working in 1.7.

This specific bug was only reported by a handful of people, but I'm glad to say it's fixed now for all my emulators. It will probably be available on the PJ beta site in the coming hours/days most likely, I hope it doesn't break anything.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I hope it doesn't break anything either... I'd feel like an idiot if my suggestion broke a host of ~other~ NEEDED functions. But I am grateful that you're trying to add that extra support, and that you took the time to reply and work on it! Especially when I know there are far more ~important~ aspects of PJ64 to be worked on than some sound popping. Thanks!

Iconoclast

Don't know if this is even possible to put in.. but a .gif recorder
Not to cut past everyone else's suggestions, but I would really like that so damn bad. Instead, I'm stuck using 1964, limiting the speed down to 10 FPS, and holding F12 to take animated consecutive screenshots, import the screenshots into Jasc Animation Shop, erasing the background, pixel by pixel, and saving it as an animated GIF.

That's what I did with my current avatar (Luigi with is Running+A move)...it took hours. I also made this Ness avatar (Down+B move) from Super Smash Bros., but there's too much crust, so I only use it as my avatar on forums websites with dark backgrounds.

The reason I use 1964 to take screenshots is because it does it better for animated screenshots. Sure, you can slow down Project64 for better screenshots for animation using some frame buffer emulation of some kind, but the screenshots won't have perfect animation in between them like in 1964.

If this were possible, I would really like it if someone would put in some sort of thing in Project64 where you select some sort of option and drag a rectangle around the part of the game you want to log a GIF animation for and press Esc to stop recording or something like that.

Iconoclast

Actually, what might be better (maybe easier) to implement is clicking on the object or polygon in a Nintendo 64 ROM you want to log a GIF animation for, because dragging a rectangle means part of the background image around the object you're recording gets in the way and prevents a transparent background, using up more of the 256 color limit.

*I forgot! Okay, merge the posts, now, if you want. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Why go with Animated gif logging, instead of maybe .avi/mpeg recording? As for the clicking of a section you want to log... some emulators have a "disable layer __" option for that very reason. Maybe impliment those options in PJ64 instead, and if you have a good program, you can convert most avi files into animated gifs. Just a thought.

And back to something I suggested way earlier, I'd love to see "Macro" modifiers in Jabo's input plugin for 1.7. I love being able to have two instances of the same button on my controller. I mapped C-buttons to the right analog stick and to individual buttons so I could fine tune some inputs.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I don't think "layers" could be added since AFAIK 3D graphics and consoles don't use layers. Layers was a like a way to determine the Z-position of objects and things in a 2D space if I'm correct.
You can also use Fraps to record video from Pj I believe.

Iconoclast

I do have Fraps, but I can't open the AVIs in Jasc Animation Shop, crop everything out, erase the background, save it as a GIF, and make it my avatar. Project64 would have to automatically log it as a GIF. An MPEG or AVI isn't the same, and I have no way of converting things like those to GIF avatars.

Although, I think Fraps is actually a bit buggy with recording AVIs from running Nintendo 64 ROMs...perhaps something built into Project64 to record AVIs or MPEGs designed for that kind of thing might work a little better?

Doomulation

How is it buggy? All it does is record the video.
And what many people do not realize is that even though the video in an avi, all avis are not the same. It all depends on the codec it was recorded with.

Iconoclast

How is it buggy? All it does is record the video.
And what many people do not realize is that even though the video in an avi, all avis are not the same. It all depends on the codec it was recorded with.
I know, I know. Buggy wasn't exactly the right word, but I don't think it's good with recording AVIs from N64 games. I'm saying that something built into Project64 and designed specifically for recording AVIs from N64 games within Project64 might do things better. I always get random slowdowns and crackling when recording with Fraps. Obviously, that's my hardware, but I'm only saying that something with this AVI-recording feature that was designed for or came with Project64 might reduce this problem on PCs like the one I'm using. For example, Fraps lets you force recording at a specific speed, in frames per second. But if Project64 had an AVI-recording feature, it might have an option to record at 30 FPS without recording twice as slow, but skipping frames unlike Fraps.

Doomulation

I know what you mean, but unfortunately, I do not think that a recording feature in PJ would solve this, unless perhaps, it did movies like Snes9X, recording key inputs for every frame.
Fraps is a very fast recorder that does lossless compression. Reducing the fps and resolution might help to speed up recording.

NOBLE STAR

Conspiracy Researcher
The next Jabo's PJ64 D3D video plugin:
- higher full screen resolution support up to 1920 x 1200 and higher antialiasing support up to 6x...

Doomulation

I believe Jabo can already do 1920 x 1200, if I'm not mistaken. I believe I used that resolution once upon a time with Pj...

I am running the Final Release version of Vista, not any of the RCs or Betas, and I have not seen any problem so far when comparing it to how it ran on XP. PJ64 runs perfectly fine on Vista.
Well, although i have a vista-capable computer, this happens for me.
I have 2 disks:
XP SP2: Works fine
Vista RC1 x86: mal-funtionul (works on XP compatabillity mode)
I disagree with you and i have proff:
29p579x.jpg

This image shows the erorr in 32-bit mode. This is not safe mode.
This is not my computers fault. The application might hav corrupted
the files. I will have to patch up the application.

Doomulation

RTM isn't available for public and PJ works fine on RC1 as well, last I tested. Pj works fine; it IS your system that causes it somehow to not work.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
well there you have it :p

Doomulation has spoken and he would know.

still.... err... emulation on vista using Jabo's dx8 plugin will be slower as its converted to Dx9 via Dx9-EX.... the performance hit will likely be cpu dependant.. so with faster dual core machines it will be neglible