What's new

Well, I did it (Adaptoid)

Zoomer

I ordered the "no-name" n64 adapter. It does the exact same thing as the adaptoid but with ps2 compat as well, although no rumble or mempak support. AND it's half the price. I'll report back when it arrives.

thing is zoomer,
A) Adaptoid is smaller (micro circuitry, very nice and professional)
B) I have heard bad stuff on a different board about the "no-name" n64 adapter
C) Yes with the adaptoid you get rumble and memory pak
D) In the end you pay more, but you recieve a more quality product

no offense

OP
nudetothis

nudetothis

Like I said before, the Adaptoid is worthy of the greatest compliment that a product can be given ... it works.

No driver problems, no conflicts, no hardware recognition difficulties. It works.

Allnatural

thedaemon666 said:
thing is zoomer,
A) Adaptoid is smaller (micro circuitry, very nice and professional)
B) I have heard bad stuff on a different board about the "no-name" n64 adapter
C) Yes with the adaptoid you get rumble and memory pak
D) In the end you pay more, but you recieve a more quality product

no offense
I own a number of the Boom adapters, and have sold some to friends (bought them bulk). Don't know what you heard, but every one of mine works just fine.

A)cheaper
B)don't care about rumble/mempak support
C)some of us want the additional support for PSX pads

:)

Zoomer

Finally got my Boom N64/PSX adapter. It works great! I love playing PD and No Mercy with the real pad! Although speakin of No Mercy- I have a wrastlin fanatic of a friend and he owns No Mercy with a ton of created characters on his ctrl pack- I would've liked to stick his pak in the 64 pad but no deal. Oh well I'm sure thats the only situation where I'd use it! My damn Thrustmaster analog broke (I know I said it was the shit) so I think I'll go out and buy a PS2 pad for good dual analog. In the end- shipping and customs r a bitch so I wouldn't buy either unless your buying them bulk like Allnatural. Sell 'em to your friends- all mine r amazed and I'm bangin my head for not doing that. When adaptoids drop to about $10 then they r the best deal.