What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Website for Djipi's Cell Zelda Mod

Emarian

C++ Addict
I asked Djipi if he would like a small website made for his Cell Zelda mod, and he agreed (even delaying the pack for the website's release). If all goes well, I should hopefully finish this today; however, mdtauk mentioned a couple of things that could be included. The problem is that I don't know what to put.

He mentioned:

1. Crediting people who helped on the pack.

2. Listing elements that need to be re-done.

I don't know who helped Djipi on the pack (or whether anybody did, not saying anyone didn't, I'm just saying that I don't know). However, if anyone did help and would like themselves credited on the site, please post here and I'm sure that Djipi will confirm your contribution. Afterwards, I'll add your name.

I don't know what elements need to be re-done, so someone's going to need to point this out for me.

I plan on having four main sections (other than the previous two), which would be:

About (Screenshots and a description)
Tutorial (How to set it up and add other textures)
Modifications (Such as my hi-res English textures)
Other (Such as my Zelda fonts)

This thread is for discussion of the site only. Please tell me anything that needs to be done.

The site will not look horrible. It will be simple, but it will look good; I'm decent at CSS and Photoshop.

X-Fi6

Alright, good luck dude. I wanna help out >_< I'm pretty good with SEO and with XHTML 1.1 and PHP :D

I'm good at making designs like this:
www.theocarina.com/progress/ (I haven't pngcrush'd and removed the gAMA channels of the images yet, so don't look at that in Internet Explorer)

and this:
http://shadowthedick.phppoll.org/ (Don't ask me why he wanted me to name the site that >_< or why he wanted to use CuteNews)

If you don't want me to help out then alright then :D

Last edited:

X-Fi6

I'll PM it to ya so no spam bots get to it.

And atm I'm on "vacation" at my grandparents' house (with nothing to do >_>) having only my mom's laptop with Fedora 11 and Pidgin. I'll arrive back home with my own PC with all my stuff in a couple more days...

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Like I said before, I had a few textures in the original pack. I don't know if he redid them for the new release or not.

OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
@Terra,
Link please? And not that free hosting for Antarctica or whatever. That's not really a permanent host.

EDIT:
I'VE ONLY SPENT 30 MINUTES ON THIS SO FAR.

As such, don't expect much:
http://www.gamelair.com/emarian/other/djipi/

That's what I have so far. Any changes are welcome (I'm really busy right now and can't invest much time).

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Emarian , the site is too simple . You must include pictures and others^^ but it's just the beginning of the site.

For other , you can send me the textures you have , if the pack don't have it , i will included it on it and you will be on the credits^^

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
That texture can't be loaded in the plugin. Someone (mdtauk I think) took a screenshot, and edited it.
If you are talking about my screen shot - this is Glide64 screen shot, which I made just today. Glide64 can load background textures.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
i have reject all background because it's too hard work and now i don't have much time to this project.

OP
E

Emarian

C++ Addict
@Djipi,
The site has just formed. It will look MUCH better when done.

I need to create backgrounds for the divs and a body background.

EDIT:
This would be better:
http://www.n64redux.com/

The posters are right.

ctatumt

If you are talking about my screen shot - this is Glide64 screen shot, which I made just today. Glide64 can load background textures.

Yeah this is what I don't get. Gonetz has said time and time again that glide64 loads the backgrounds (which from his screenshot it definately does) and I thought Mdtauk had already created a lot of the still backgrounds so... I don't know, maybe I'm missin something but it seems like it could be done pretty easily if someone contacted Mdtauk.

Railroads

So, how far is the website for the mod? Do you think you can finish it before friday, because thats the last school day and then I can start playing:drool:

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

PharaohsVizier

Hey Emarian, I can offer a little help again... :)
I'm the administrator of a small website, www.dsdatabase.org. So I do have a bit of experience with websites, designing ones from scratch and some automated stuff, but more importantly I can provide hosting. So, if you want I can do a few things for this:
1. Offer hosting, subdomain, etc. So if you want a mirror for files or an actual place to put the website I can do that. Also, I can also provide a subdomain if you don't like the one you have now (_____.dsdatabase.org).
2. Help with website design or something?

Just wondering why you are doing this from scratch. I did that one time, it was a real pain and I think doing a blog or something would be a much easier on you. Faster, arguably nicer, etc.