What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Vanit's Goemons Great Adventure Project

OP
V

Vanit

I'm not sure if my mod will work across all regions, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Now I've tried to remake part of the main interface starting with the numbers, life and the clock.

The Dave

Vanit said:
If you can find the font I'll gladly change it. I'll have a little look around for it myself, and as I said I'd try a few different styles, but for now its not really the most important thing to change :). I appreciate the constructive feedback, keep it up.

It's not even a matter of me finding it, it's a matter of you paying attention. Just look at fonts that you have, you probably have 20 fonts that look closer to the original than the one you used. Try something like Impact.

OP
V

Vanit

Almost finished with the interface and I tried making the credits again with the Impact font.

Last edited:

radorn

Googol said:
^^ That's because the name was changed for PAL regions.

The deal with goemon games is that no region has the same name.

In japan they are Ganbare Goemon (wich is something like "Fight, Goemon" or "Go for it, Goemon")

USA has the Goemon Adventures, or something like that, titles

And in PAL regions it is Mystical Ninja, Starring Goemon, which comes from the fact that Goemon is The Mystical Ninja.

Yes, I love these kind of translations too :happy:

jeffkong

Great work

though will these high res textures work with the Japanese version as well?

because the Japanese one has a nice intro that was cut from the other regions

OP
V

Vanit

I'll probably track down all the rom varients and substitute the new textures in.

vdig

Dithpicable
Will you be able to solve the problem with the underwater scenes? For example, during the first stage of world 2, screen three, where you have to run through an underwater pipe. The graphics just don't work. What plugin would you use and with what settings? I refuse to hear you say "use wireframes".

OP
V

Vanit

Been a while since I posted an update so here's a few things I've done:

*Updated graphics for Goemon's pipe in the interface
*Updated the 'fire fiend's' goofy face
*Updated Impact's bullets (among other things not shown)
*Nearly finished Sasuke's expressions, though for some reason they won't load ingame
*Updated the button command list for Miss Impact
*Re-did the Command Centre for Miss Impact (Enemy HP, Coins and Fuel)

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

Here's a picture of the now basically completed inside of Miss Impact, with updated numbers, skulls, icons, cursor and new +10coins graphics.

EDIT: And here's the new animated cursor for choice selections!

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Dildo?!?

Vanit said:
Just finished redoing Yae's weapons.
Sorry, but in my opinion it doesn't look like a weapon it looks a little bit like a toy for womens...