What's new

Unreal Tournament Screenshots

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
RPGlover12 said:
WTF r u on about cooliscool its unreal tournament screen shots not wateva game ur showin us

no shit :plain2:

i already said it wasn't ut2k3 but it looked good so i posted it :plain2:

Valek

Its not exactly hard to get good FPS in SS2, cooliscool. I can get around 90-100 fps solid in SS2 @ 1024x768x32, all details max with my crappy Geforce2, lol. I only get around 45 fps in UT2003 though ): But hey...its all going to change once I get enough money for an Abit Ti4200 OTES. Im waiting for their 128Mb ver.

btw cooliscool, what are you 3DMark2k1 scores? Just wondering.

OP
M

mann

lol my poor mx440 got 5000 sumthing 3d marks >:-(

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Valek said:
Its not exactly hard to get good FPS in SS2, cooliscool. I can get around 90-100 fps solid in SS2 @ 1024x768x32, all details max with my crappy Geforce2, lol. I only get around 45 fps in UT2003 though ): But hey...its all going to change once I get enough money for an Abit Ti4200 OTES. Im waiting for their 128Mb ver.

btw cooliscool, what are you 3DMark2k1 scores? Just wondering.

~2000 or so.

i wasn't saying that i was special or anything, fuck. i just thought the game looked good so i posted shots. fuckin a people.

Valek

cooliscool don't get so mad...I wasn't flaming you or anything. No reason to blow an artery over something you thought was an insult. (which it wasn't) And about your 3DMark score...are you SURE you are only getting 2000?!? Im serious, the average score for a Geforce2 user is around 4000. (assuming that user has around a 1GHz CPU. I got 4301 this morning) With your vid card you should be getting atleast 6000. Then again, it depends on your CPU speed as well. Maybe you made a mistake or something? What is your CPU speed/chip?

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Valek said:
cooliscool don't get so mad...I wasn't flaming you or anything. No reason to blow an artery over something you thought was an insult. (which it wasn't) And about your 3DMark score...are you SURE you are only getting 2000?!? Im serious, the average score for a Geforce2 user is around 4000. (assuming that user has around a 1GHz CPU. I got 4301 this morning) With your vid card you should be getting atleast 6000. Then again, it depends on your CPU speed as well. Maybe you made a mistake or something? What is your CPU speed/chip?

I ran the test again and this time after some overclocking of my card (295/200) and scored a fabulous 2791.

My cpu is a K6-2 500 @ 550 (5.0x110MHz FSB) :)

Edit: Settings i use are:

DXT3 Compression
Quincunx AA
800x600x32
Pure HW T&L Optimizations
Triple Frame buffer
24-bit Z-buffer

Last edited:

Valek

Well I guess its your 500MHz K6-2 holding you back /: Not to mention you have Anti-aliasing enabled, which REALLY cuts down your score. I get around 4000 3DMarks at 1024x768x32. You could always spend $150 and get an AMD CPU/mobo, then your GF4 would really shine :) On pricewatch the AthlonXP 2000+ is $90, and most AMD motherboards generally run for around $70, so it wouldn't be that expensive to get a great upgrade. You would be getting about 7500 3DMarks with that setup.

Or you could be an Intel fanboy like me and get a Tualatin P3 and overclock it to outperform 1.9GHz P4's :) Gotta love 0.13 micron process CPU's...

Last edited:
or you could get a descent motherboard with some proper ram and hit 10k 3d marks with nothing overclocked OR optimised in any way :D

tbag

One quick sentence: I need a new comp stupid 1000mhz 392 meg of ram & Geforce 2 is crappy isnt it?

Josep

eyerun4phun
tbag said:
One quick sentence: I need a new comp stupid 1000mhz 392 meg of ram & Geforce 2 is crappy isnt it?

the whole gf2 is yes, crappy, um, you can probably be allright with that 1ghz for now, but you can start upgrading cheap by the end of this year for processors

/me looks for the athlonxp 2600 to drop like a mofo;) SOON!:)