What's new

Unofficial Dolphin GAME.INI Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Official Dolphin GAME.INI Update

There are so many games tested yet but no changes made in the INI, so I decided to release a new, changed ini. Please submit new games with notes and genres, read the nfo to get more news!
Enjoy it! But please do not contribute a new version! Send me the infos I need (I prefer per PM) and I will add them to the new release and give you credits!

The first Official Release of my INI!!!
FIRES allowed me to release it now and it's a big bunch of work.
It's ready since the 5th Decembre (you will see it in the history and the file date) and features 363 games, 10 bootfixes, reworked old tmaps and many more! But finally it's released, a little pre-christmas gift. :santa:

FEATURES:
-Nice Installer
-Lots of documentary
-363 tested, reported and renamed games with infos
-reworked confusing old notes
-own renaming system to avoid confusions and recognize the different versions
-big fat compatibility list, with different colors, special infos to see all reported games on one view...
-boot fixes for some unbootable games, to let them boot on the TEASER (like Zelda 4 Swords, or Pac-Man Vs.) and fixed old ones, too
-MapMaker to avoid "black screen forever" things
-lots of tweaks and infos for running some special games better
-many other special things, you have to download it!
-official!! A new life sign of Dolphin!

Changelog in my newest post...

Last edited:
OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

coolcono said:
I updated with Hitman, BG+E, PoP, SSXT, SSX3, RE0, DK, ED, PSO, SA2, SH, SC, ToS. And Paper Mario.
Please give me the info for adding them myself, I will update them if I'm think it's ready. SO please, not a release next time!

jareg

Just A Guy
Well heres some Resident Evil Games i have tested (seen)(didnt see them in the ini)
Resident Evil 2 Works Well Playable but slow
Resident Evil 3 Works Playable slow and some gfx glitches
Resident Evil 0 Works Ingame can be seen only in wireframe
Resident Evil:Code Veronica Boots but only the menu
Resident Evil 1 hangs at the memory card check
Resident Evil 4:Trial Only Menu (after you press start it hangs)

PS:And about Super Monkey Ball 2 i saw a picture in the shots thread long ago and it was the menu screen (and then game some unimplented error)

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

jareg said:
Well heres some Resident Evil Games i have tested (seen)(didnt see them in the ini)
Resident Evil 2 Works Well Playable but slow
Resident Evil 3 Works Playable slow and some gfx glitches
Resident Evil 0 Works Ingame can be seen only in wireframe
Resident Evil:Code Veronica Boots but only the menu
Resident Evil 1 hangs at the memory card check
Resident Evil 4:Trial Only Menu (after you press start it hangs)

PS:And about Super Monkey Ball 2 i saw a picture in the shots thread long ago and it was the menu screen (and then game some unimplented error)
I need the ID, the Name (Full with region Flag), the commetns and the genre, please! PM it to me, will insert them into the new release.

Knuckles

I will put this topic on sticky, just post any new games that aren't in the compatibility list here , MasterPhW_DX, I let you update your first post when you have updates (added them in edit like Update in version X.X: etc. and update your attachment , but I'm sure you already know all that ;) )

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
[GTEE]
Name=1080: Avalanche (NTSC)
Notes=Not Working (AX-Command Errors)
Genre=Sports

[GPVE]
Name=Pikmin 2 (NTSC)
Notes=Not Working (Black Screen)
Genre=Real-Time Strategy

both are unshrunk (1.35gb) Images

JinXD

Got tired of waiting for the INI to be updated so I made my own :D

It's not nearly as polished, but it does add 89 new games, plus 7 from MasterPhw! That brings the total to 147 games!!

EDIT: Removed ini, MasterPhw has put all of the new games from mine into his.... :D

Last edited:
OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

So, version 0.2.5 is released! Sorry for the long waiting, was playing GTA: SA! :p Great game!!!!

- did a little (style) update to my nfo and my history (again&again and again...)
- added a bunch of 16 new games with comments and region marks:
(THX to all who have reported games, see Credits section, but some Games will be in the next release! Sorry 4 that. BTW: I'd changed most of your notes to fit mine and please report them more detailed next time, that means not only "Not Working", rather why it's not working, because there's a black screen or why?)
Backyard Baseball (NTSC), Disney's Magical Park (JAP), Beyond Good and Evil (NTSC), Donkey Konga (NTSC), Eternal Darkness (NTSC), Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (NTSC), Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II (NTSC), Paper Mario 2 (NTSC), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (NTSC), Pikmin 2 (NTSC), Resident Evil III - Nemesis (NTSC) (USA), Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (NTSC), Soul Calibur 2 (NTSC), SSX 3 (NTSC), SSX Tricky (NTSC) and Tales of Symphonia (NTSC) #
- renamed 3 Games: Nintendo Puzzle Collection (NTSC) --> (JAP), NARUTO2 --> Naruto 2 and PAC-MAN Vs. --> Pac-Man Vs. (NTSC)
- changed the notes of following games: Robotech: Battlecry (NTSC), Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (NTSC), Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (JAP), Crazy Taxi (PAL), Disney's Party (NTSC), Dragon Ball Z Budokai (NTSC), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (PAL), Mario Party 4 (PAL), Naruto 2 (JAP), Super Monkey Ball (PAL) and Soul Calibur 2 (PAL)
- added a "Not reported yet!" to all ??? entries
- fixed some typos (in the nfo, the INI and the history) and fixed the link to my thread in the nfo
- make the history a little bit smaller, now text editor users can see the history without probs with enabled word wrap with font size 9
- removed the summary (will be back in the next version in an better way... you will see, wait for release 0.3)
- there are still probably some things more I can't remember!

JinXD

MasterPhw, you need to change,

Code:
[GNUJ]
Name=Naruto 2 (JAP)
Notes=Works&Playable, but I don't understand Japanese?
Genre=Fighting
to

Code:
[GNUJ]
Name=Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen (JAP)
Genre=Fighting

It's the original Naruto, not the sequel. The rest I'll let you fix in the next update. e.g. some of the unkown games are in my ini, the games in my ini that aren't in yours.

Keep up the good work! :D

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

JinXD said:
MasterPhw, you need to change,

Code:
[GNUJ]
Name=Naruto 2 (JAP)
Genre=Fighting
to

Code:
[GNUJ]
Name=Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen (JAP)
Genre=Fighting

It's the original Naruto, not the sequel. The rest I'll let you fix in the next update. e.g. some of the unkown games are in my ini, the games in my ini that aren't in yours.

Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks, will change this and all games will be in the next release, too.
And another special thing I have to announce: my new INI makes Zelda 4 Swords (NTSC) boot and get ingame! Look on my screens! Now it finally works with the teaser! But can you play it? You have to wait! :p
It's just one of my new (fantastic) features I announced in my last release. Will release it friday or on weekend.

JinXD

MasterPhW said:
Thanks, will change this and all games will be in the next release, too.
And another special thing I have to announce: my new INI makes Zelda 4 Swords (NTSC) boot and get ingame! Look on my screens! Now it finally works with the teaser! But can you play it? You have to wait! :p
It's just one of my new (fantastic) features I announced in my last release. Will release it friday or on weekend.
Kick ass dude! :D

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Sorry for not releasing it today had a little problem.
A release in the next few days. Now with over 160 games and many many more features!
But a little status update: I fixed my own bootfix for 4 sword, now you can see all the backgrounds in the title screen. Some more screens with the running intro.

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Here the amazing changes list of version 0.3:

- redone my renaming system, because when it's released in Europe that doesn't mean that's a PAL game, could support NTSC as well and there are already some Japanese games in the INI, that I didn't marked with a NTSC, because the ID is different, so I decided to change all (NTSC) entries to (USA) and all (PAL) entries to (EUR), to make it better... your opinion?
- redone, redesigned and resorted my INI a little bit, now it's more transparent and better in my opinion!
- rewrote and totally redesigned my nfo, added some more information's and news, tweaked and changed some things... now it doesn't look so good it looks before, but now it's clearer to read and better to understand. Please give me your opinion!
- wrote a compatibility list only for my INI, to have all games on a view, with my extended and better summary! (here is it again! :p)
- added two Boot fixes (but not the last I think) to let The Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure (NTSC) and Pac-Man Vs. (USA) boot. The Pac-Man one is just a quick fix, I've done some hours for the release. Probably I'll change some things in the next release, if I discover a failure! A little comment to the boot fixes: if there's a *fixed* behind the notes, that means these games aren't really supported by the emu, but with a little work (of me! :p) they will boot. I think I could fix up to 30% of the "black screen" games, there's only one prob: I don't own most of them. You have to wait, till I buy these games or get them from one of my friends or another source, sorry guys!
- added new Game fixes to the nfo section: Biohazard 4: Trial Edition (JAP), Disney's Magical Park (JAP), Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 (JAP), Pokémon Colosseum (ALL), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (USA) and a special tip for all games to enhance grafiks!
- added a new section to the nfo: GCM shrinking with some entries (to lazy to count)
- added f*cking 73 new games with comments and region marks (mostly thx to JinXD, hope you remove now your INI from the site! :p) Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (USA), Auto Modellista (USA), BeyBlade: V-Force (USA), Biohazard 3: The Last Escape (JAP), Biohazard 4: Trial Edition (JAP), Bionicle (USA), Bomberman Generation (EUR), Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (EUR), Burnout (EUR), Catwoman (USA), City Racer (USA), Crazy Taxi (USA), Custom Robo (USA), Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (USA), Def Jam: Fight For NY (USA), Disney Sports: Soccer (USA), Donald Duck: Quack Attack (EUR), Donkey Konga 2 (JAP), Dragon Ball Z: Budokai (EUR), Eggo Mania (EUR), ESPN International Winter Sports (EUR), Eternal Darkness (EUR), FIFA Football 2004 (EUR), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (EUR), F-Zero GX (EUR), Gameboy Player (EUR), Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (USA), Groove Rider: Slot Car Thunder (USA), Harry Potter: Chamber Of Secrets (EUR), Harry Potter: Prisoner Of Azkaban (USA), Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (EUR), Ikaruga (USA), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (JAP), Mario Power Tennis (USA), Medal of Honor: Frontline (EUR), Micro Machines (EUR), Monster Jam: Maximum Destruction (EUR), NBA Courtside 2002 (EUR), Need for Speed: Underground (USA), Paper Mario 2 (JAP), Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II (EUR), Pokémon Channel (USA), Pokémon Colosseum (EUR), Pokémon Colosseum (USA), Pokémon Colosseum: Bonus Disc (USA), Pool Paradise (USA), Pro Rally (EUR), Puyo Pop Fever (USA), Resident Evil Zero (EUR), Scooby-Doo: Night of 100 Frights (USA), Skies of Arcadia: Legends (USA), Sonic Heroes (USA), Sonic Mega Collection (EUR), Spider-Man (EUR), Sponge Bob: Square Pants - Return of the flying Dutchman (EUR), Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (EUR), Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II (EUR), Tom and Jerry: War of the Whiskers (USA), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (EUR), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (EUR), Viewtiful Joe (EUR), Wario Ware, Inc. Mega Party Games (USA), Wave Race: Blue Storm (EUR), Worms 3D (EUR), WWE: WrestleMania X8 (EUR), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (USA), Zoids Battle Legends (USA)
- added a note to following unknown status games (finally): Pikmin (USA), Megaman Network Transmission (USA) and some more I can't remember...
- changed the ??? (USA) [GSOE] to Sonic Mega Collection (USA), only 2 unknown games remain...
- rewrote and changed the notes of most of the games! Examples? Here are some: 18 Wheeler (EUR), Action Replay V1.06 (EUR), BeyBlade 2002: Magnetag Battle (JAP), Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (USA), BomberMan Generation (USA), Bust-a-Move 3000 (USA), Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (JAP), Crazy Taxi (EUR), Disney's Magical Park (JAP), Dragon Ball Z: Budokai (USA), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (JAP), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (USA), F-Zero GX (USA), Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (USA), Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (USA), Kirby's Air Ride (JAP), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (EUR), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (USA), Mario Party 4 (EUR), Metroid Prime (EUR), Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (USA), Resident Evil: Zero (USA), Robotech: Battlecry (USA), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (USA), Super Monkey Ball (EUR) and more I didn't wanted to write down! To lazy, sorry!
- changed the genre of following games: BomberMan Generation (USA), Backyard Baseball (USA), Kirby's Air Ride (JAP), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (EUR), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (USA), Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (USA), ZooCube (EUR), Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (USA)
- changed the numbers of the both Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen, because I'd mixed them up! - repacked all these things into one fine Installer
- posted my release on emuxhaven, too, but link isn't in Nfo yet, next release will fix that
- definetaly some more things I can't remember...

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
MasterPhW said:
Here the amazing changes list of version 0.3:

- redone my renaming system, because when it's released in Europe that doesn't mean that's a PAL game, could support NTSC as well and there are already some Japanese games in the INI, that I didn't marked with a NTSC, because the ID is different, so I decided to change all (NTSC) entries to (USA) and all (PAL) entries to (EUR), to make it better... your opinion?
- redone, redesigned and resorted my INI a little bit, now it's more transparent and better in my opinion!
- rewrote and totally redesigned my nfo, added some more information's and news, tweaked and changed some things... now it doesn't look so good it looks before, but now it's clearer to read and better to understand. Please give me your opinion!
- wrote a compatibility list only for my INI, to have all games on a view, with my extended and better summary! (here is it again! :p)
- added two Boot fixes (but not the last I think) to let The Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure (NTSC) and Pac-Man Vs. (USA) boot. The Pac-Man one is just a quick fix, I've done some hours for the release. Probably I'll change some things in the next release, if I discover a failure! A little comment to the boot fixes: if there's a *fixed* behind the notes, that means these games aren't really supported by the emu, but with a little work (of me! :p) they will boot. I think I could fix up to 30% of the "black screen" games, there's only one prob: I don't own most of them. You have to wait, till I buy these games or get them from one of my friends or another source, sorry guys!
- added new Game fixes to the nfo section: Biohazard 4: Trial Edition (JAP), Disney's Magical Park (JAP), Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 (JAP), Pokémon Colosseum (ALL), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (USA) and a special tip for all games to enhance grafiks!
- added a new section to the nfo: GCM shrinking with some entries (to lazy to count)
- added f*cking 73 new games with comments and region marks (mostly thx to JinXD, hope you remove now your INI from the site! :p) Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (USA), Auto Modellista (USA), BeyBlade: V-Force (USA), Biohazard 3: The Last Escape (JAP), Biohazard 4: Trial Edition (JAP), Bionicle (USA), Bomberman Generation (EUR), Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (EUR), Burnout (EUR), Catwoman (USA), City Racer (USA), Crazy Taxi (USA), Custom Robo (USA), Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (USA), Def Jam: Fight For NY (USA), Disney Sports: Soccer (USA), Donald Duck: Quack Attack (EUR), Donkey Konga 2 (JAP), Dragon Ball Z: Budokai (EUR), Eggo Mania (EUR), ESPN International Winter Sports (EUR), Eternal Darkness (EUR), FIFA Football 2004 (EUR), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (EUR), F-Zero GX (EUR), Gameboy Player (EUR), Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (USA), Groove Rider: Slot Car Thunder (USA), Harry Potter: Chamber Of Secrets (EUR), Harry Potter: Prisoner Of Azkaban (USA), Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (EUR), Ikaruga (USA), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (JAP), Mario Power Tennis (USA), Medal of Honor: Frontline (EUR), Micro Machines (EUR), Monster Jam: Maximum Destruction (EUR), NBA Courtside 2002 (EUR), Need for Speed: Underground (USA), Paper Mario 2 (JAP), Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II (EUR), Pokémon Channel (USA), Pokémon Colosseum (EUR), Pokémon Colosseum (USA), Pokémon Colosseum: Bonus Disc (USA), Pool Paradise (USA), Pro Rally (EUR), Puyo Pop Fever (USA), Resident Evil Zero (EUR), Scooby-Doo: Night of 100 Frights (USA), Skies of Arcadia: Legends (USA), Sonic Heroes (USA), Sonic Mega Collection (EUR), Spider-Man (EUR), Sponge Bob: Square Pants - Return of the flying Dutchman (EUR), Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (EUR), Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II (EUR), Tom and Jerry: War of the Whiskers (USA), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (EUR), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (EUR), Viewtiful Joe (EUR), Wario Ware, Inc. Mega Party Games (USA), Wave Race: Blue Storm (EUR), Worms 3D (EUR), WWE: WrestleMania X8 (EUR), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (USA), Zoids Battle Legends (USA)
- added a note to following unknown status games (finally): Pikmin (USA), Megaman Network Transmission (USA) and some more I can't remember...
- changed the ??? (USA) [GSOE] to Sonic Mega Collection (USA), only 2 unknown games remain...
- rewrote and changed the notes of most of the games! Examples? Here are some: 18 Wheeler (EUR), Action Replay V1.06 (EUR), BeyBlade 2002: Magnetag Battle (JAP), Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (USA), BomberMan Generation (USA), Bust-a-Move 3000 (USA), Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (JAP), Crazy Taxi (EUR), Disney's Magical Park (JAP), Dragon Ball Z: Budokai (USA), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (JAP), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (USA), F-Zero GX (USA), Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (USA), Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (USA), Kirby's Air Ride (JAP), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (EUR), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (USA), Mario Party 4 (EUR), Metroid Prime (EUR), Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (USA), Resident Evil: Zero (USA), Robotech: Battlecry (USA), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (USA), Super Monkey Ball (EUR) and more I didn't wanted to write down! To lazy, sorry!
- changed the genre of following games: BomberMan Generation (USA), Backyard Baseball (USA), Kirby's Air Ride (JAP), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (EUR), Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (USA), Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (USA), ZooCube (EUR), Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (USA)
- changed the numbers of the both Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen, because I'd mixed them up! - repacked all these things into one fine Installer
- posted my release on emuxhaven, too, but link isn't in Nfo yet, next release will fix that
- definetaly some more things I can't remember...

Good Work ;)

jareg

Just A Guy
MasterPhW said:
Thanks, but nobody then you and some others seems to be interested in this INI, only 12 downloads...

I think your ini is great but dolphin is getting out of fans or something (lots of people think its dead :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.