What's new

UltraHLE 2002 Reborn?

Mayco

btw, does anybody thinks that this is the final version, i mean are there any bugs fixed in the official release?

Dave2001

RatTrap said:
as nice as it is to have the source for this old emu.. somehow i feel some ppl are making to much big of a deal over it :p..

ok so it's uhle.. i guess many of you guys started out in this scene when it came out.. (to me you where all noobs back then though hehe :p )..

one nice thing with the source i think will be that it might help Azi with his sound plugins somewhat.. and it might help a litle with the ppl making glide plugins.. i'm not sure.. other than that.. i doubt it'll be much use now.. since it would probably need a complete remake.. more or less.. to become/work like a real emulator.. or am i wrong?..

of course my buddy DominaTor.. (where are you :p ).. might be able to have some fun with it too :).. or maybe he'll be pissed :/ i dunno hehe.. we'll see..

Actually it doesn't use glide directly, but rather some xglide library that I don't have the source to. So it most likely wouldn't help much anyway.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
This is GREAT news!!! By the way, I dont believe addins plugins specs would help much... In my opinion, LLE is the solution to increase compatibility of uHLE.. so it would be nice to see UltraLLE 1.00 by Dominator + Dave2001 + Rice :D

Stezo2k

S-2K
heh it would be nice to see this gr8 emulator updated rather than dead. uHLE has always been my favourite emulator, its almost advanced as a new n64 emulator, such as pj64 and this was released years ago :) Hopefully dom will be able to impliment his speedups into the source code and improve it as much as poss :D Good luck dom! :)

2fast4u

wow, this is some pretty exciting news. however i think most ppl think this is sooooo cool coz its "the" ultrahle which got most ppl started to get interested in emulation (like me). after all we all love nostalgia i guess ;) the real good thing about this is probably that the source could be used to improve other emulators or also continue uhle (like ppl here posted above already, for botch cases).

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Rice's next step: turning his nick in CoolUltraHLE and release an "Unofficial ultraHLE D3D 1.00 plugin" :happy:

Kidding of course but... it would be a nice idea, since the video quality of UltraHLE has always been one of my best fav, even on my old voodoo1 card!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
MADrigal said:
Rice's next step: turning his nick in CoolUltraHLE and release an "Unofficial ultraHLE D3D 1.00 plugin" :happy:

Kidding of course but... it would be a nice idea, since the video quality of UltraHLE has always been one of my best fav, even on my old voodoo1 card!

lol. yeh i hope dominator has a look at it. even if hes more a hackor than a coder, im sure he can do quite a lot cos he knows the emu pretty well by now.

wat build is it, i mean how past is it the official release, or is it before the official release?

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
UHLE => More a ROM Player than a Emulator....so it would be enough too fix some bugs (space bug, zip support..) and try to add a OpenGl/D3D port....that would be enough too keep the spirit alive & give everybody without a Voodoo Card a clue of what it was like back in 1999 (or was it 1998 ??)....but in my Opinion it UHLE is dead....
Noone would try to improve the Motor Coach of Gottlieb Daimler (the first Car ever) to catch up with a Mercedes SLK or stomething like that :colgate:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I think it'd be more like upgrading my old 1999 Pentium III 450Mhz to be a top-of-the-range 2002 AMD Athlon XP 2100+. Oh, wait, I did that! Remember what Dominator's already done with hacking? He can do far more at a better speed with a source!

Jsr

Ruesselschnurps said:
But one question is still remaining:
Who the Fuck was Epsilon? Where did he come from & where did he go?

Epsilon was the main man behind uHLE, what I've heard.

Cyberman

Ruesselschnurps said:

Ummm well show a little respect, in the time that UHLE came out no one thought N64 emulation was going anywhere. Then suddenly this emulator poped on the seen and got peoples attention. It inspired a lot of people to make what N64 emulation what it is.

As for excitment, well it's cool to have perhaps we can have another good N64 emulator out there with decent compatibility. It's nice to see that all things don't die. Epsilon and Reality man long ago moved on with there lives. So.. relax life goes on after emulation :)

cyb

malwart

Ruesselschnurps said:

Epsilon is psi from the future crew.
Future Crew coded the demo, Second Reality.

R2xDelta

From what I understand, Episilon never cared for the emulation scene (esp. considering there wasn't much of a scene before UHLE came into being), and UltraHLE was more of a way for him to challenge himself, more from a hacking standpoint than anything else. Epsilon essentially hacked the major N64 functions, and RealityMan's role was basic programming support to pull various components together, or something like that.