Not open for further replies.

MaGiX

Banned
cooliscool said:
iq_132 said:
cooliscool said:
Lillymon said:
:plain:

The only difference here is mann attached his to my post while I was trying to show an image hosted on my web space. This makes no sense at all.

cooliscool: Go here and take a look at the sidebar. Looking a little strange? The green on the PNGs and the green on the background are supposed to be identical. They are in Mozilla but not in IE.

yeah i see that. very weird indeed.

i deleted that post.. mann made it. long story, i know his password, he knows mine. what a mess. right now, mann's logged in as me, aswell as myself (the real one) so if you see lame posts, you know they're mann/magix's. :p

1. That was a dumb thing to do cool
2. Change your password
3. Can we please get back on the topic at hand? Ultrahle 2? (I'm not a mod, but it is annoying)

no it wasn't dumb. he's a friend. :)

Yeah, dude I dont mess around to much...no big deal...

Stezo2k

S-2K
legendj said:
only the future will say if this is fake or not... ;)

theres a very good chance this is legit, look at the authors, they aint fakers like blaze or any other lamer on this forum, and why would they make a fancey looking site for it if it was fake? i rest my case

Stez

legendj

Player
Stezo2k said:
legendj said:
only the future will say if this is fake or not... ;)

theres a very good chance this is legit, look at the authors, they aint fakers like blaze or any other lamer on this forum, and why would they make a fancey looking site for it if it was fake? i rest my case

Stez

Oh Yeah... :D

Everybody is waiting for UltraHLE 2.0 ... :biggrin:

Sorry :pj64: , :nemu: , :apollo: and :1964: ...

Quvack

Hehe, working out the name has been a problem :p its hard to decide what to use when you dont wish to create confusion and stuff like that, change the name completly and some people will think your ripping off the source totally, dont change it and people will think its an official version! Ahhhh! :p

But as others have said the project itself is the main thing at the moment, we can work out the name closer to release time I suppose.

And about it being fake or not I guess you guys are going to just have to trust us and wait :) It's hard to prove when we can only really show screen shots at the moment!

iq_132

Banned
I doubt that it's fake, especially if you look at who's making it!
These people have been in the scene for a long time.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
IT"S NOT FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you. geeze people it's not like this is Nemu 8 were talking about (that was a joke) but really this is real and WILL be released. (that was a low blow)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
oops, i did start a thread but accidently posted this in the wrong spot because i had 2 browsers going at the same time

zero0w

Maverick Hunter
D@mn how can I miss this announcement! :D

As others have eloquently put it, UHLE 2.0 will be great and it will enliven the N64 scene once again. As for the name of the project I have the following suggestions:

I think it's better to keep the version number.

UltraHLE Plus 2.0
UltraHLE Pro 2.0
SupraHLE 2.0 (depends on the team or Dom's opinion on this)
SurrealHLE 2.0
RebornHLE 2.0
ExtremeHLE 2.0

Any other suggestions?

Also, I was thinking if UltraHLE can be ported to Linux with OpenGL Graphic and SDL Audio support later on. That way it can be enjoyed by more people out there, myself included. But I guess it's better to focus on getting UHLE 2 on Windows out first. Thanks to every one on UHLE 2 team. :)

It will be another amazing achievement since ePSXe in the PSX emu scene.

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Quvack said:
Hehe, working out the name has been a problem :p its hard to decide what to use when you dont wish to create confusion and stuff like that, change the name completly and some people will think your ripping off the source totally, dont change it and people will think its an official version! Ahhhh! :p

But as others have said the project itself is the main thing at the moment, we can work out the name closer to release time I suppose.

And about it being fake or not I guess you guys are going to just have to trust us and wait :) It's hard to prove when we can only really show screen shots at the moment!

yup, fair enuff, ill shut me mouth :cool: . my only concern was that if someone unknown right now would release a modified version of pj64 and call it pj64 1.6, ppl would get pissed off, blah blah. just because these guys are respected in emulation doesnt give them the right over other ppl to claim a project is theres. but i dont wanna start some massive debate, as u all say, the project is wats important, its only WIP, and things can change. just hope u guys can understand where im coming from. anyway, good luck, it should be exciting to see how far u can take HLE. :D

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i'm afraid i did have an unfortunate run in with Gent & Witten after i got wind of a PJ64 v1.5.. it's a difficult thing because sadly many users can't be trusted to work out (or care) which pseudonymn is attached to which bit of which release... when you've put a lot of work into something (and are honest) you do care about being credited correctly, which is as much about not taking credit where you shouldn't as getting it where it's needed.

imho your about box should be something like

"UltraHLE 2.x by [new team]
based on UltraHLE v1.0.0 by [original authors]"

so it's clear that 1) the new version is not from E & R and 2) you have use E & R's source (both things being equally important imho).

or at least that's what we (Project64 team) were going with until we actually got the teams together and it changed.

Last edited:

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
well supra HLE has not mention of Ep an Re but everyone knows that it was based on their work. i understand the whole credit where credit is due point of view but this is the legendary UltraHLE were talking about here. Everyone already KNOWS that it's based on their leaked code. and changing the name too much might be a bad idea only because some people who don't frequent the boards wont know that its the next comming of the legend (what the hell am i talking like this for) however i DO agree with smiff. put the whole project based/coded by note at the bottom like were Re and Ep had it in the first place.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
honestly.. i feel smiff is right.. and this is somethingthe guys allready have in mind.. they've considered the crediting of both this new group and the original group.. it's really dificult though.. to decide what to do with 7 guys you know.. but as an individual of course it's easier to just think this way and make it seem like the right thing to do.. just know that there's 7 guys in this project.. and not all think alike / agree on the same names / ideas :p..

but yeah.. the name has been changed allready.. and it has been set.. it won't be reveiled untill it's out though.. so you guys will just have to wait and see :)..

Status
Not open for further replies.