What's new

UltraHLE 2.0 - WiP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Lillymon said:
:plain:

The only difference here is mann attached his to my post while I was trying to show an image hosted on my web space. This makes no sense at all.

cooliscool: Go here and take a look at the sidebar. Looking a little strange? The green on the PNGs and the green on the background are supposed to be identical. They are in Mozilla but not in IE.

yeah i see that. very weird indeed.

i deleted that post.. mann made it. long story, i know his password, he knows mine. what a mess. right now, mann's logged in as me, aswell as myself (the real one) so if you see lame posts, you know they're mann/magix's. :p

iq_132

Banned
cooliscool said:
Lillymon said:

The only difference here is mann attached his to my post while I was trying to show an image hosted on my web space. This makes no sense at all.

cooliscool: Go here and take a look at the sidebar. Looking a little strange? The green on the PNGs and the green on the background are supposed to be identical. They are in Mozilla but not in IE.

i deleted that post.. mann made it. long story, i know his password, he knows mine. what a mess. right now, mann's logged in as me, aswell as myself (the real one) so if you see lame posts, you know they're mann/magix's. :p

1. That was a dumb thing to do cool
2. Change your password
3. Can we please get back on the topic at hand? Ultrahle 2? (I'm not a mod, but it is annoying)

LD.

*poke*
Blimey, this thing looks great!

I just hope it runs as well as the first version did, what with all the new plugin support and stuff. I sure hope using D3D/OpenGL is only optional.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
guys.. bout browsers and pngs etc.. start a thread at "website corner" and i'll educate you untill i get bored :p.. unless you are afraid of what facts i might show you ;)..

about having trouble to check the site:
if you can't see the page.. i'm not sure what to do or tell you.. it's rens domain and it's somewhat temporari afaik.. i might move a copy of the anouncement site to my site tonight.. but i can't promiss anything (most probably won't happen).. i'm in the process of changing domain names.. (not sure if i'll change though.. abit indecisive about it).. www.cloudedsky.net (the egg has been there for quite sometime i might add :p.. )

about the emu:
yes afaik.. compatibility has progressed a whole lot.. and it still is.. HLE.. also zilmar spec has been added.. just like stated on the announcement..

and.. i've seen in some other boards ppl are saying pj64 and 1964 have a new competitor.. and starting some small yet ridicules emu-wars.. i myself don't see uhle2 as a competitor with any other n64 emu that i know of.. since they are very diferent types of emulators.. uhle2 is as pure HLE as it is possible to get in a n64 emu.. those 2 others are'nt..

Stezo2k

S-2K
i'd say the compatability looks competetive, especially for ppl with older pcs (such as mine) keep up the good work m8 :)

Stez

sk8bloke22

roll for life
shit, very good news. good luck to the new team as well. personally i dont think it should be called uhle 2 due to the fact that it is not this new team's original work. although rattrap said the name might change anyway, plus as they've had to already state, some ppl might get confused and think this is still realitymn's/epilison's work. im sure that none of wat ive written makes any sense at all, so nevermind. oh and good luck and thank you to the new team for putting effort and time into something that really excites a lot of ppl

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
sk8bloke22 said:
shit, very good news. good luck to the new team as well. personally i dont think it should be called uhle 2 due to the fact that it is not this new team's original work. although rattrap said the name might change anyway, plus as they've had to already state, some ppl might get confused and think this is still realitymn's/epilison's work. im sure that none of wat ive written makes any sense at all, so nevermind. oh and good luck and thank you to the new team for putting effort and time into something that really excites a lot of ppl

Don't worry it really make sense, and you can't imagine how much discussions there was concerning the name... Each ones had its pros and its cons. You can sum up the problem by, people need to know that it's based on original authors work, and they also need to know that we are not affiliated to the original authors.... Well i guess we can discuss about it forever and finally we have ended to something very simple, ultrahle 2, that's all....

Stezo2k

S-2K
sk8bloke22 said:

but the beta 1.5 version of PJ64 wasnt by the original authors, and most of us treated it like it was official, i'd say its morealess official, look how much work Dom has done to SupraHLE and the other authors respect UltraHLE and are going to give credit to the original authors, so why shouldnt it be official?

Stez

RatTrap

GODLIKE
exactly.. wich is still a WiP project :p.. so you guys should stop reading so much into it and just be cool with it :p.. since it could change.. afaik.. nobody agreed to that name but we used it just in lack of having finished our name discussion.. but hey.. i dunno.. i was away for bout a week anyways :)..

LD.

*poke*
Stezo2k said:
sk8bloke22 said:
i'd say its morealess official, look how much work Dom has done to SupraHLE and the other authors respect UltraHLE and are going to give credit to the original authors, so why shouldnt it be official?

It can't, won't and shouldn't be official unless RealityMan or Epsilon give it the thumbs up. Without their approval, anything that happens with UltraHLE is unofficial.

But who cares as long as we can play games :D

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
iq_132 said:
cooliscool said:
Lillymon said:

1. That was a dumb thing to do cool
2. Change your password
3. Can we please get back on the topic at hand? Ultrahle 2? (I'm not a mod, but it is annoying)

no it wasn't dumb. he's a friend. :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
Sayargh said:
yes, but i doubt they even care, and will probably not reply if you ask them.

well i highly doubt Realityman gives a fuck if he deleted the source and never released his work, which was proabably fake. Duno about epsilon though i heard that 95% of the work was by him on the site that leaked the source

Stez

Status
Not open for further replies.