What's new

Tomb Raider

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Keanu Reeves is the Alec Baldwin of overpaid actors. I cannot understand how he made it so far. As far as my opinion goes, he shouldn't even had been allowed to play that stupid moron in Bill & Ted's amazing adventure (or whatever it was called). And did you see how he ran in the Matrix? Like he had a basketball between his knees. Anyway, that doesn't make the Matrix a bad movie, I thought it was real cool. I just had to pretend Keanu was someone else, like Jerry Springer or someone equally geeky (yet not as pants as Keanu), to make it watchable.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
pants just means "generally bad". "bollocks" is a synonym, but "dog's bollocks" strangely, is an antonym. So Martin might say that Keanu's acting is bollocks but his film is the dog's bollocks :) (I'd disagree, saying they're both bollocks... or pants :p)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
heh.. i dunno i liked speed.. but maybe it's coz i liked the speed song from billy idol :D.. dunnon..

i used to like bruce willis movies.. last one i saw that i really liked was unbreakable.. i liked the "i see dead ppl" movie too :).. coz i mean.. if you haven't heard anything about the ending.. and you havent watchd to many trailers.. you'll be very surprised in the end.. although you'll suspect parts of boths movies.. it's hard to have the full picture plot and end in your head untill the very end..

the matrix.. hmm.. i liked the special effects.. it was new (actually not really.. it had been used b4.. only not in as much amount and not in the same way) and the story was good i think.. very sci-fi and it's the type of story that they have'nt really been making good movies of in a very long time.. but i agree on the cast though.. it could have been better.. but i wonder who could take keanos place really if you think about it?..

another fav of mine.. it might sound stupid to some ppl but i liked the batman movies up till batman 3.. i liked the 4th.. only it was pretty ridicules.. i still liked the gothic ambient it had :)..

then the last one.. nosferatu :).. also has keanu in it but it's only coinsidence :).. i'm a big fan of the castlevania games.. and liking vampire movies/games kind of is a big reason for me to even be into gaming at all :p..

oh and i agree on blade runner.. one of the best i would say.. and when i was younger i used to like the indiana jones movies :D.. harrison ford movies are usually good imo..

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The "Alien" series is a nice horror/sci fi series. Well, not including the fourth one, that one was ghey.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
EdgeBlade said:
I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy, could some ppl recomend great movies from these categories?

well i can't help with fantasy, not sure quite what that is, but for Sci-Fi.. the classics are:

Alien & Aliens (very good & very different films)
Blade Runner (see Director's Cut, unless you like having what you can see read out)
2001 Space Odyssey (I only just saw this, was expecting it to be dated and tacky.. no, Kubrick tells it like he's got all the time in the world, so peaceful)
Star Wars (duh.. i think this is fantasy actually. 2nd of course, 1st cheesy, Ep1 lame, but of course everyone HAS seen them all)
Terminator & T2 (oh yes, like Alien which is better depends on taste)
Planet of the Apes (the original, i haven't seen it but have it on word its good)

Now for some of my suggestions:
Total Recall (saw this years ago and liked it, Arnie + some intelligent ideas, good lines, a woman with 3 breasts, and the guy with lots of kids to feed)
5th Element (depends very much whether you find the character of Ruby Rod funny or the most irritating thing ever.. i liked him)
The Thing (probably on par with Alien)
The Iron Giant (animated and U rated but don't let that put you off.. flawless all round)
Dr Strangelove (not what people think of as Sci Fi maybe, but essential viewing for everyone).
Men in Black (some people don't get it, i don't get why.. loved the ending)
Back to the Future (am i going way out now? hehe)

Some to avoid:
Batteries Not Included (contains a scene where a female flying saucer gives birth to a stillborn baby flying saucer which is revived by a janitor.. nuff said)
Lawnmower Man (embarrasing)
Final Fantasy (i must admit to not actually seeing it)
Waterworld (Kevin and Keanu should get together)
Independance Day (or whichever one it is that the aliens happen to be running Windows95, how do things like this ever get made, i seriously want to know)

omg where do i start... there's so much bad Sci Fi I'll leave it there before offending too many people ;) It's pretty hard to classify this stuff, lots has cross overs with horror, fantasy, adventure, drama, comedy, all sorts.

DK64

Remote said:
Has anyone seen Bad Taste, by the creators of Braindead, and /or Little shop of horrors...

interestingly enough, all of those were made in new zealand by a new zealander...peter jackson...

NZ 0wnz j00 :)

Remote

Waterworld (Kevin and Keanu should get together)

Actually, this flick is great although the story is bad, the acting mediocre but the concept of an entire world filled with water amuses me somehow...

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I've seen:
Alien & Aliens
Star Wars
Terminator & T2
The newer Planet of the Apes
5th Element <- This movie RoCkS!
The Iron Giant
Men in Black
Back to the Future
Final Fantasy <- Cool Movie
Batteries Not Included <- Sorry, but I really liked this
Waterworld <- I thought this was cool too
Independance Day <- Was OK
Lawnmower Man <- I didn't like this much myself

I'll keep an eye out for these:
Blade Runner
2001 Space Odyssey
Total Recall
The Thing
Dr Strangelove

Who has seen Resident Evil? It was so cool, and I'll have it on CD sometime next week, isn't the internet great?

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
The spin of the earth is continualy slowing down, in fact, evey year you need to add 1 second to the year. I imagine, like a top, the spinning will die down to a crawl and then a stop and fall into the sun, yay! (Of course not in our lifetimes, again, yay!) I'm just wondering why I haven't seen a move based on this.

You have Waterworld for the whole global warming melting the icecaps thing. And then there is Lost in Space with no room for garbage or something like that. There is also mankind nearly dieing out and having apes take over. Well the last done't fit that well, but still.

I want a earth falling into the sun movie. Or would it get pulled in real close and slingshot into something else?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the Earth won't fall into the Sun... what will happen, is the Sun will expand and swallow the Earth... kinda the same really :)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
how bout a new GhostBusters movie :D.. it could be all evolved though.. like GhostBusters has become an agency type thing.. kinda like MIB.. but their cooler and agile and young ppl working there.. without them big ass weapons.. just small consealed weaponry.. and they've learnd to use ghosts in sertain ways to help them catch other ghost.. etc.. (kinda like in the FinalFantasy movie).. and they could kinda remind you of Batman or sumthing :p.. and ghosts could actually be scared of them.. and they could have a sallary comming in from some very high ppl in the goverment to keep the whole "Ghosts do exist"-thing under wraps.. or sumthing like that.. only what they don't know is that the goverment is doing experiments with the ghosts the GhostBusters have catchd and it ends in a pretty freaky experiment wich makes one guy become into some type of imortal ghost who can exist in both planes of reality at the same time so he can actually kill ppl.. and since he knows alot about the ghostbusters ghostbusting technology.. he knows how to kill them.. etc.. etc..

lol.. i think i just wrote a B-movie script..

Jaz

Ex-Mod
There were lots of rumors about GB3 a while back. Sony did actually register the name GB3 and the copyrights to it, but the movie never came out..

Ghostbusters 1 and 2 rock.. :D