What's new

Tomb Raider

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Holy shit, talk about reviving a thread, that was like one of the first threads in the new Emutalk. Anyway, thanks for remindind me of Akira, it was a damn sweet movie in deed. Mononoke Hime rocked too. Manga kicks ass.

KANNEDAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
blizz said:
I prefer the Life Of Brian

"He's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy."

the life of brian isn't that good.. (well the part when they finally stone the priest is nice)

Slougi said:
lol yeah Space Balls rocks :)

SpaceBalls... let me tell you something about Spaceballs i'm absolutely obsessed about that movie, i'm probably the guy who holdes the record of the number of times this movie has been watched, i know every word, every facial expression, every music note by heart (try me if you don't believe me) it is one of the funniest movies ever, and all of mel brooks films rule

Macca

TheBlackAdder said:
1:Kung pow

ah now that was a funny movie. i expected a real stupid thing but we went and saw it and it was hilarious

Oh, i just bought holy grail and life of brian on dvd a couple of days ago...two great movies :D

Remote

Has anyone seen Bad Taste, by the creators of Braindead, and /or Little shop of horrors...

aprentice

1) 13 Ghosts
2) Resident Evil
3) H20 - Halloween 20 Years Later
4) House on Haunted Hill
5) Species 2
6) Pyscho (1960)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I didn't see anyone mention The Fast and the Furious <?>

Probably would be in my top 10, it's a great movie, if you are old enough to drive :D and you like cars you will go nuts watching this movie

adi

get out of my house
Yeah its incredibly entertaining but its not classic, a bit like the matrix. I couldn't see those again, I got bored the 3rd time I watched them.

rob in london

amiga nut
how could only one person include blade runner? but then i do have odd tastes, i dont have a top five but some films i like are blade runner, silence of the lambs, total recall (actually most arnie films, because despite often not having a good storey, arnies cool), most westerns specialy butchcassidy and the sundance kid, and tombstone, emanuelle, usual suspects, vanishing point (the origional not the crappy re-make), most of stanley kubrics films, get carter, lock/stock..,most of ridley scotts films, the breakfast club, gregorys girl. anyway these are some of the ones i like best, but i couldnt pick a top 5

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The ending was a bit too much of a "happy ending". Although there were some nice stuff after the credits roll. Great soundtrack.

mesman00

What's that...?
Here's my list, unfadable so please don't try to fade this:

1. Shawshank Redemption- doesn't get much better
2. Boyz N The Hood- Cuba Gooding was sooo good in this one
3. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective- if anyone didn't laugh at this, then there is really something wrong with you and i am going to punch you in the stomach
4. Menace II Society- this movie was great, although it may have been a little over looked
5. American History X- good, thats all i say about this one

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i liked Ace Ventura a lot, but they spoilt it in the same way as Austin Powers - dumbed down massively marketed sequel. though the Rhino sequence was worth seeing... Gotta get me one of those rhiinooos.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
rob_in _london said:
how could only one person include blade runner? but then i do have odd tastes, i dont have a top five but some films i like are blade runner, silence of the lambs, total recall (actually most arnie films, because despite often not having a good storey, arnies cool), most westerns specialy butchcassidy and the sundance kid, and tombstone, emanuelle, usual suspects, vanishing point (the origional not the crappy re-make), most of stanley kubrics films, get carter, lock/stock..,most of ridley scotts films, the breakfast club, gregorys girl. anyway these are some of the ones i like best, but i couldnt pick a top 5

hehe, i thought i was the only person who saw something in Total Recall... hey man, i've got 6 kids to feed ;) (7...8...9...)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
theacj said:
Yeah its incredibly entertaining but its not classic, a bit like the matrix. I couldn't see those again, I got bored the 3rd time I watched them.

i didn't think Matrix was very good when I saw it @ cinema, then I got on DVD just to check.. yup, still not good. Except for the bit when he asked for guns. I liked that. '99 was a very good year though... Fight Club, American Beauty, Iron Giant (don't laugh), Go, Magnolia... all in my DVD collection. The way I judge is, if you can watch a film three times and still enjoy it, it's a good film.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i didnt like matrix too much. the idea was good, but keanu reaves was so pants and so like 2 sentences like "why is this so" and "why me" in his dull voice.

fast and furious is a very dangerous film to watch just before u go for a drive. do not recommend it (hehe, i almost overtook a police car at like 80mph, when i realised wat i was doing i braked sooooo quickly).

i wanna see the jap film Ring, and Ring O.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Dunno I haven't seen The Fast and the Furious, might have to rent that (if it's good enough for Jabo... ;). If we want to get critical about Matrix, the problem is that it's trying so hard to be cool, and there's nothing underneath. Classic example of a see once and you'll be all "whoah" (like Keanu), see again and you'll be unmoved (wooden... Keanu again)... I think. Now Blade Runner, someone mentioned above, that is a fine film, honestly I can say each time I've seen that I've seen something new, and I normally hate Sci-Fi.