What's new

This will allow you to export geometry WITH textures

DrOOlpirate

Some Rayman guy
Nemu 0.8 - Geometry Dump with Rayman 2 problem

Hi.
First of all, I'm new here :bouncy:
Then, I have a problem with the Geometry Dump with Rayman 2.

I got the file output.wrl and I created C:\VRML\. I opened the output.wrl with as many progs I could try. (4) Always the same problem. All the objects are pasted over each other! I tried to remove all the objects not for the Rayman model (I think). Same + Another problem. Rayman's hair is IN his big nose, his belly is not on the right place, his hands are where his belly must be normally. (Rayman is a limbless character, from UbiSoft). His feets are too large and on his head O_O. Do you know a solution?

Thanks,
Me

.wrl files

say, if u have an output.wrl file or any file with .wrl in the C:\VRML,
how do you import it into a program?

i have gmax and i doubt that file is compatible to such a file type cuz i tried

is there anyway to convert .wrl into anything else?:homestar:

DrOOlpirate

Some Rayman guy
Hi

I posted this question in 1 topic already, then here, and nobody seems to answer.

I have a problem with the Geometry Dump with Rayman 2.

I got the file output.wrl and I created C:\VRML\. I opened the output.wrl with as many progs I could try. (4) Always the same problem. All the objects are pasted over each other! I tried to remove all the objects not for the Rayman model (I think). Same + Another problem. Rayman's hair is IN his big nose, his belly is not on the right place, his hands are where his belly must be normally. (Rayman is a limbless character, from UbiSoft). His feets are too large and on his head O_O. Do you know a solution?

Thanks,
Me

blanky64

Lives in VB6
...Then it might be an idea to stop posting the same thing, over and over again.

This is a completely free plugin, which Lemmy has done in his spare time. It is earning him no profit, so maybe you ought to try having a look yourself.

Look up a VRML specification on the 'net, have a dig through the file, and see how it's been exported - If you're lucky, the objects will be split up into seperate tags, and you can just edit the numbers to position them away from each other, so they're spread out. That way, you can position them in the right place again using one of your 3D VRML-importing programs.

knowitman

I remember once a long time ago Knuckles telling me there are certain things you have to do within the program to sort out the mess that you have. Maybe he can help you out.

Snorkel

This is awesome... I hope to extract some Zelda models for the mod I'm making for Battle for Middle Earth... apparently only 3ds Max can open the VRML file, though... that's kinda annoying x_X

Mollymutt

Hi, I'm new to this part of the site. I'm usually over at the hi-rez textures area. I'm re-texturing Spider-man 64, and I was wondering if I extracted the character models with their textures if it would be possible to edit them in 3dsmax, and then import the edited textures back in the game with Rice's plugin.

WunSick

that would be so wicked to make Zelda OOT map pack, and skin pack for ut2004 :) if somebody could export the 3d shit into unreal, id be happy to texture and make the levels and stuff. probably wont happen, but would be fun as hell :) id love to frag it out in hyrule field or kikori forest, all over the place would be great. You could even per say redo the whole game and make it online coop-multiplayer ahaha

*wakes up* (wont ever happen, nobody has teh time)

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Does this work with PJ64?

Edit: I get an error I put the plugin into my plugin folder

It says: "The default video is missing or invalid. Check that you have atleast one compatible plugin file in you plugin folder."

Also can you use these enhanced textures in the roms?

Last edited:

GMAN GAMES

dobatsu no mori

can your plugin rip vrml's from dobatsu no mori? i tryied but i got that error because my gfx card sux:blush:

PJoe

WunSick said:
that would be so wicked to make Zelda OOT map pack, and skin pack for ut2004 :) if somebody could export the 3d shit into unreal, id be happy to texture and make the levels and stuff. probably wont happen, but would be fun as hell :) id love to frag it out in hyrule field or kikori forest, all over the place would be great. You could even per say redo the whole game and make it online coop-multiplayer ahaha

*wakes up* (wont ever happen, nobody has teh time)

I'm actually currently working on a Zelda:Ocarina of Time multiplayer MOD for UT2004.
The basis of my idea is to have really low polygon models and maps (the same as Zelda:OoT) and just have everyone be able to play because of the low system-load. Hopefully people will have a feel for the nostalgia of it all and not mind low-polygon models. (I just feel that remaking the models/graphics wouldn't do the game justice. And I feel people would rather play Zelda64 multiplayer anyway; not Zelda2004)
I've tried dumping 3D Models from the 64 ROM, but rigging it is far too time consuming. So what I do is import the VRML into 3dSMAX and remake the whole model as-is, and compile the bits and pieces of texture into 1 big targa. It makes it more compatible with Unreal.

The_Z

"The_A"
Hm.. When I try selecting this plug-in through PJ64 it says: "The default or selected plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder."

Forgive me for being ignorant, but is this plugin onlu compatible with Nemu64?

TS_Death_Angel

The_Z said:
Hm.. When I try selecting this plug-in through PJ64 it says: "The default or selected plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder."

Forgive me for being ignorant, but is this plugin onlu compatible with Nemu64?

Tried it with 1964 and it worked fine. It doesn't work on PJ64 for some reason :(

[_DarkDragon_]

omg, this is awesome (it was originally low polygon):

charizard.jpg

Dan911

Link

I am having problems making links texturs show up. I exported link from the little room you start out in in OOT. I opened the VRML file in 3dsm, and deleted everything but the model of link. I see no textures, but there are textures in .bmp files in the VRMl folder. I am a total 3dsm noob, do i just have to hit some button to view textured models, or do i have to skin it myself?. Aslo, how do i change all the views back to narmal? I torated to messed them up soo much, i cant find link again :(.

sorry if i posted image wrong, i couldnt figure out how to do it the attachment way :(

PS Pjoe, i would like to help you with your project, i am a coder and know Uscript :p

MASTERJUNOJET

Which emulator do the majority of you use with this plugin to extract such perfect models? I really would like to get all of the models out of Jet Force Gemini, but every time I run it under 1964 with this plugin, it either crashes, or has such wierd screen effects that it is unplayable, please help, thanks.

Dragonstyle

Suggestion

I notice You guys are dumping models, textures, and remaking Zelda OOT and other games. Ok here goes my suggestion Why don't we work together to build a better remake. there is no "I" in TEAM right?
Here I was thinking calling the game " Zelda fan fiction"
Take a Look at these titles