What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The New Hi-Rez Zelda Retexture Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
You should make those windows look less like black smudges and more like windows. Also there is too much contrast between the two types of brick on the walls. You should also follow more closely to what is going on with the macro-details of the wall. Also the rock ceiling should be darker and match the tone of the original more.

Draconicus

I finally I figured it all out!
First of all, I was running an outdated version of Rice's plugin. 6.1.0 instead of 6.1.1. That's why the RGBA textures weren't working (I now vaguely understand the different sorts of textures, too). However, even with different ROM versions, quite a lot of the RGBA textures still won't load!

After carefully going over texture dumps I realized that it was expected different filenames than what were being provided. I'll use the primary brickwork walls from Kakariko Village as an example.

The file in the package is named
"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#591F7E2D#2#1#4D7241CA_ciByRGBA.png"
Rice's Plugin expected
"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#591F7E2D#2#1#07D286D5_ciByRGBA.png"

When I renamed the package's texture to the expected one, it loaded up just fine. The base name hex is perfectly normal, and goes along with the one in the original texture dump. What does the second part mean? It's only found on the RGBA textures.
Again, the ROM version had nothing to do with this. I also tested with PJ64 to be sure. No difference at all.

Thadanator

I agree completely in fact my newer textures do exectly what you said, except the two bricks. I wanted contrast so that it looked less... perfect. More like the building was thrown together. They don't have that much funding. Ganon spends his tax money on other things

The prolem with the windows is that, they aren't windows, they are holes. I wasn't sure how to represent a 3D hole in 2D. How would you do it? The best idea I have it to just make it more tunnely, with brick going down the Z plane and fading.

Last edited:

Thadanator

New textures

looks like it shud be in djipis pack, but just my oppinion
What do you mean by that Driscol? What's the difference?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Ganon decided he can cut come of the skultula-hiding fund, for some gorudo fortress remodeling.
I swear this is killing me, everytime I use rice, the computer loses the mouse function until I restart!
Some of 'em look like they have seams but it's just the way the game places them in particular spots.
I still wasn't sure what to do about the window-hole things.
Either way, better, no?

Last edited:

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
Fix the transparency on the top of that wall section so that the broken out bits actually line up with the mortar.

Draconicus

Yeah. I'm getting really tired of being ignored like this. Even some acknowledgment that I'm here and am having a very strange problem would be nice.

Most of the RGBA textures aren't working...
After carefully going over texture dumps I realized that Rice's pluigin was expecting different filenames than what were being provided. I'll use the primary brickwork walls from Kakariko Village as an example.

The file in the package is named
"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#591F7E2D#2#1#4D7241CA_ciByRGBA.png"
Rice's Plugin expected
"THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#591F7E2D#2#1#07D286D5_ciByRGBA.png"

When I renamed the package's texture to the expected one, it loaded up just fine. The base name hex is perfectly normal, and goes along with the one in the original texture dump. What does the second part mean? It's only found on the RGBA textures.
Again, the ROM version had nothing to do with this. I also tested with PJ64 to be sure. No difference at all.

Mollymutt

You shouldn't have to rename any files. I have no idea what your problem is. if you have duplicate files in your folder, it may cause them not to load. I would delete your folder, and start over with a fresh pack.

Draconicus

You shouldn't have to rename any files. I have no idea what your problem is. if you have duplicate files in your folder, it may cause them not to load. I would delete your folder, and start over with a fresh pack.

Well, I tried loading just the pack KMan has, with no change at all. I have no idea as to what's doing this. The plugin is what does the work, so it can't be my emulator. I tried different ones anyway. This is crazy! That pack works fine with Rice's 6.1.1beta6 plugin, you guys say? This is so bizarre...

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
Make sure that you are using the correct dump of the game.
It should be: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]
If the hex codes aren't matching up, then you aren't using the correct version of the game. If you are using the right rom and Rice's Beta version 6.1.1 beta10 plugin, then they should be matching up properly.

Draconicus

Xenobond:

That's the ROM, but that's not the plugin. I have an older beta somehow.
I'll go grab beta 10. :D

Ha! That was it! All this time, it was just a matter of using the outdated version. XD

I feel like such a dork now. The crazy part is I was using 6.1.0 before. Then I thought I was upgrading to the latest, but it was really just 6.1.1b6. Naturally, I freaked out when it only partially worked.

Also, this is really beautiful now that it's all loaded. Once again I keep saying "wow".

Ooh! I just noticed something. The pedestal of time (Master Sword thing) in the Temple of Time has a misplaced texture. The top of it has tiny little bricks. :p
Meanwhile, outside in Hyrule Field, a brick texture seems to be missing. I wonder what happened.
I think it's just because somebody replaced the area around the pedestal with the brick texture. It's probably shared.

Last edited by a moderator:

VinnyC

Draconicus, I suggest using the latest version of Project64, and also this version of Zelda: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].z64. That's what I'm using and the textures appear to be working... or I think they are.

Come to think of it, I have no idea if all the textures are loading correctly. lol. But you said you looked at my flash thing and noticed they weren't all showing up on yours correct?

Meh, here's the link again if anyone is interested: Interactive Zelda Texture Comparison

Draconicus

Actually, VinnyC, I already said that it's all fixed now. I just had an outdated version of Rice's plugin. Looks great now. Also, I like 1964. As long as the plugins always work between them, I'll keep using it.

On a different note, does anyone else have problems with fire animation? Mine's static. Doesn't move. I've just got the layers sitting on top of each other, doing nothing. A solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

LinkatronZ

Well guys I have tried using 1964 and Project64 both latest versions from their website.

I downloaded the 6.1.1 beta 10, I downloaded both files, the one you put on the main emulator folder and the of course the video file.

I turn on high-rex textures and before the rom is completely loaded it shows loading textures etc. Keeping in mind that i have this rom:

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!](.Z64)

When the game starts the logo in the beggining is missing. I see some high textures when im in the kokiri forest town but when link rolls the dusting effect texture is not displayed. A lot of stuff is not right. I have done everything right but nothing. Now, I am running an integrated sis graphics onboard. Does that have to do anything?

LinkatronZ

Well yes, I can try any other graphics plug in with the jabo and its fine. However the latest rice plug in, I am getting some missing textures xenobond.

I see the horse missing the dust particle texture. I see the main title screen missing. The butoms on the top right of the screen as the c buttoms are somewhat missing dept. However i was able to see some high res stuff in the forest.

What do you think it is?

Draconicus

Linkatron:
I would re-download the plugin (make sure it IS Beta 10! There are several releases!), unpack the textures again (overwriting files while doing so), and starting over. Make sure you don't have duplicates. Most of Federalli's stuff is in here, so there's no point in having that. KMan's pack is an all-in-one collection, while Federalli's was heavily sorted. Having the same file twice can do weird things. Make sure you have the newest version, too, because I'm not sure of how well older versions will be handled by the latest plugin - there's some major differences how the textures were managed.
Tell us if that doesn't work and we'll figure it out from there. This may well be a limitation of your onboard graphics card. SiS has gained some quality in graphics handling in recent years, but they are still considered low end. I wouldn't play games with one, personally. They're still very limited.

LinkatronZ

I will try that Draco, thanks for the insight man. Yea I'm building a new system right now. Quad Processor q6600, 2 gigs of 800 ram, 250gb sata2 hd. geforce 8800 gts 312mb

Status
Not open for further replies.