What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Taking a retexturing request

Datadayne

I have alot of free time at the moment. I cant think of a game to retexture, so I decided to take request's.

If theres a game you want me to retexture, post it please, I will see what I can do with it.

Datadayne

Iconoclast

I'd like to see Gauntlet Legends, which is easier than GoldenEye to retexture, though not as easy to emulate.

OP
D

Datadayne

uhh... 007 golden eye?
harde to do on rice, I might try it on project 64 1.7

I'd like to see Gauntlet Legends, which is easier than GoldenEye to retexture, though not as easy to emulate.
mmm, never heard of it. This is going to be intresting.

Iconoclast

Yeah, I tried dumping textures from GoldenEye using Rice's and assembling them, and for once, I actually gave up. Frickin' hard retexturing a game like that when using Rice's.

While Jabo's may be the only hope for GoldenEye, Rice's is the only hope for Gauntlet Legends. Game will be slow, glitchy and hardly playable unless you use the below configuration.

Code:
{325e9b7280d928b7-45}
Name=GAUNTLET LEGENDS
AccurateTextureMapping=1
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FrameBufferEmulation=2
RenderToTexture=5
ScreenUpdateSetting=1

It's one of those RPG games with all these different characters, a bit of a Wizard's Quest. Not really a popular game, but also available for the MAME and the GBA. Only the N64 version is what we can call 'playable'.

guardianhx

If you want suggestions for future projects, I think Megaman Legends or Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing, the original Japanese game for the N64) are in MAJOR need of new textures. Animal Crossing is just too blurry.

OP
D

Datadayne

I took a look at the animal crossing a few days ago. The problem was I cant do anything because its in Japaneses.

OP
D

Datadayne

I took your suggestion guardianhx and have decided to make a re-textured pack for this game. Not totally different but a cleaner and sharper look. My pack is updated when ever this translation patch is updated. So my pack relies on the translation. I would love to see the translation for this game finished. I decided not to change the textures too much because the textures were already very nice.

Take a look.

klasa

Wow, looks a lot better this way!
I just wanted to tell you that you have some tiling problems with your grass texture... but for the rest, nice work!

OP
D

Datadayne

WHAT!? There's a translation for Animal Forest on the N64?!

yup there is. But not that much english yet. Like I said, my pack continues as the translation patch is updated.

Bridge

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
Uhh... After you are done with Animal Forest retexturing, can you PLEASE do a Donkey Kong 64 Retexture? DK64 was probably my favorite N64 game (Besides, Paper Mario, OoT, and Majora's)