What's new

System Requirments

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
blue_fAng said:
wheteaver, intel processors sucks. The real way it's AMD yeah.
Oh, is that a fact? Well, perhaps there's a pretty popular thread you should check out. Just a note: My P4C will run circles around your chessy little 2600+. But don't take my word for it, check out the thread.And be sure to check the ENTIRE thread, you won't want to miss any of it. Trust me, it makes for some very fun and and rather interesting reading. ;)
http://www.emutalk.net/t28608-i-rarely-post-but-this-was-so-damn-funny.html

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Both my Athlon XP 3200 (2.2GHz) and Pentium M (1.73GHz) run circles around your sucky Pentium 4 and you know something? I don't f*cking care. Stop this sh*t about Pentium 4s ok?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
PsyMan said:
Both my Athlon XP 3200 (2.2GHz) and Pentium M (1.73GHz) run circles around your sucky Pentium 4 and you know something? I don't f*cking care. Stop this sh*t about Pentium 4s ok?
Let me tell you something buddy, you sure seem to have something against P4's, and I'm not sure what it is. But this fucking noob saying that intel just plain sucks, well, quite personally fuck you if you don't like that I said something to him. And if your Pentium M is so bad ass, why didn't you put a screenie in that thread like we did, instead of just telling us the numbers? And that 3200+ at stock may not beat my chip, afterall, Clements' XP 3200+ was overclocked and only beat me on the 1M test by 2 seconds. And I don't really give a shit what you say, until you can back up your claims with some proof, your word means shit. You take your fair share at the noobs, don't get pissed that somebody other than you did this time.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
generalplot said:
Let me tell you something buddy, you sure seem to have something against P4's
I have nothing against Pentium 4s but I know from personal experience that earlier models (below 3.06 GHz) perform generally worst than Athlon XPs with Barton core.

generalplot said:
But this fucking noob saying that intel just plain sucks, well, quite personally fuck you if you don't like that I said something to him.
I don't care about what you said to him but I care that you keep bitching to any user that claims that his CPU is better than a Pentium 4.

generalplot said:
And if your Pentium M is so bad ass, why didn't you put a screenie in that thread like we did, instead of just telling us the numbers? || And I don't really give a shit what you say, until you can back up your claims with some proof, your word means shit.
In that case look at the pic I attached... I also have a Bitmap version of the screenshot if you want it.

generalplot said:
You take your fair share at the noobs, don't get pissed that somebody other than you did this time.
At least I'm not the one who says that his P4 is teh r0x0rz every time someone says that AMD CPUs are better (which are indeed better unless Intel has some uber super secret dual core 64 bit P5 CPUs on the market right now).

Clements

In my opinion, the Pentium-M is the only really decent processor Intel has on the market right now, outperforming most P4s in most gaming stuff (and competing with top-end AMD chips) with a much lower clockspeed than P4, less power comsumption and less heat. The only downside is the relatively high cost.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Care to show me a screen of that Barton running the same test? Afterall, you DID claim it also outperforms my P4 (in so many words.) And the only reason I said what I did to that noob is he made a very general comment about "intel processors suck", which funny enough to me, it seems that you get about the same or possibly better results than a couple of the A64's did iirc. And Intel did that on a mobile chip, what does that tell you? Seems pretty neat to me, I didn't realize the Pentium M packed that much power, and here I assumed that getting a P4M would be a better choice. But I still don't think your XP3200 can top my score if it's running at stock speed.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
generalplot said:
But I still don't think your XP3200 can top my score if it's running at stock speed.
As I already said... I don't f*cking care. You didn't think that the Pentium-M could do it, but it kicked you Pentium's ass.
Already done a test on my Athlon XP 3200+ (Stock speed) yesterday and it was about 1.0+ seconds faster than your Pentium 4 (I can't test it again right now and neither I will).

You probably won't believe my anyway but guess what? I don't care! I'm tired of people that just don't listen to me...
Who knows? You might end up asking me to send you my CPU(s) in order to believe me. Bah...

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
PsyMan said:
Already done a test on my Athlon XP 3200+ (Stock speed) yesterday and it was about 1.0+ seconds faster than your Pentium 4 (I can't test it again right now and neither I will).

You probably won't believe my anyway
Well, you're right about that. As an OC'd 3200 with twice as much memory than you have only beat me by a second. And let's not forget the RAM in that other system was Corsair XMS modules to my plain ol' Wintec Industries RAM with a higher latency.

Last edited:

Clements

It was in fact two seconds :p

Also, a second in SuperPI terms is actually quite a large amount to be fair, since only about 14 seconds separates the FX-55s with a decent barton.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
generalplot said:
Well, you're right about that. As an OC'd 3200 with twice as much memory than you have only beat me by a second. And let's not forget the RAM in that other system was Corsair XMS modules to my plain ol' Wintec Industries RAM with a higher latency.
In my previous post (in the other thread) I've said that I scored 48.032s cause I was running some programs. It's very possible that Clements was running some other applications too during the test. Plus, we're talking about a difference of 100MHz which isn't THAT great...

You seem not to understand the term "bullshit". Let me enlighten you...

This is bullshit: 1: "And if your Pentium M is so bad ass, why didn't you put a screenie in that thread like we did, instead of just telling us the numbers?" || 2: "And I don't really give a shit what you say, until you can back up your claims with some proof, your word means shit." || 3: "And Intel did that on a mobile chip, what does that tell you? Seems pretty neat to me, I didn't realize the Pentium M packed that much power."

Edit No1: By the things you said and the way you posted (ie: "And this". "And that". "And I'm using And after each dot") it's obvious that you are the one that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Edit No2: This has gone too far. Maybe it would be better to close the thread or move the last "off-topic" posts. If this guy is too retarted to understand after this post... I'm not willing to continue this pointless discussion anyway.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Clements said:
It was in fact two seconds :p

Also, a second in SuperPI terms is actually quite a large amount to be fair, since only about 14 seconds separates the FX-55s with a decent barton.
But then, you even said you had that bad boy OC'd, where I was running at stock. :p

Branz_mf

I'm siding with generalplot...I'm a Intel lover and never gonna switch to amd, hehehe!!!

Last edited:
amd is just crap.They cant even afford to put advertisements on the tv.When p4 came out they had tonnes remember the little aliens

Stadsport

greginnes9 said:
amd is just crap.They cant even afford to put advertisements on the tv.When p4 came out they had tonnes remember the little aliens
Of course they can afford it. The question is, do they need it?
For a company who doesn't spend nearly as much on advertising as Intel, they seem to be doing quite well for themselves.

fuego123

=/

Branz_mf said:
6ghzl?? MAKING MAGIC, HUH???! I know how to make a piece of junk (Pure P4 without HT, P4 1.4Ghz for example ) run faster. :p

You simply get a heat-sink pipe and place it over the cpu and overclock ur cpu to the max. :happy:
lol.gif

And then try all your desired games on your fireworks engine (cpu overclocked). Crank up the resolutions to 9998888x9999887. Play the game up to the point where you can jump into the water and you will see the water splash all the way from usa to japan. SSPPLLAASHHH!!!!!!!!!! SSPPLLAASHHH!!!!!!!!!! Enough to make fun of anybody???
lol.gif
rotflmao.gif

AH! Don't forget to post some shots of ur superb cpu capabilities.

.... ur a idiot

Branz_mf

Stadsport said:
Of course they can afford it. The question is, do they need it?
For a company who doesn't spend nearly as much on advertising as Intel, they seem to be doing quite well for themselves.

hu...Looks like AMD doesn't like burning money for such a useless advertisements. (they really need to show ppl their abilities as Intel do).
If They do why wouldn't amd bother to put their efforts into the cpu instead of making false comparisons against p4 as many amd users do and say "Yeah, AMD is such a kickass data processing, switch to amd and get the best of amd" (But this joke just crack me up).

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
greginnes9 said:
Intel's been using the aliens in their advertising campaigns since Pentium 1 if you remember right.
greginnes9 said:
go generalplot.Are we talking about p4 or p4 ht
And P4C is what I am talking about (P4 w/HT). Since the P4B (before HT) did suck. Even I will admit that P4 didn't show it's power until the 800 bus.

Last edited:

Stadsport

Branz_mf said:
hu...Looks like AMD doesn't like burning money for such a useless advertisements. (they really need to show ppl their abilities as Intel do).
If They do why wouldn't amd bother to put their efforts into the cpu instead of making false comparisons against p4 as many amd users do and say "Yeah, AMD is such a kickass data processing, switch to amd and get the best of amd" (But this joke just crack me up).
Personally I've always had much better performance with AMD. But to each his own, I guess.
Fanboysim/flame wars are utter crap, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.