What's new

System Requirments

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok everybody i think weve had enough of amd vs intel.Whats this new plugin just released SDL.dll i put it in my plugins folder and it says cant read sdl.dll

bohdy

Lol @ the processor war. Oh well, at least it is more interesting than noobs asking for Dolphin requirements.

Quick summary of my veiws on the matter:

Amd: Great for gaming, but not the best for day to day encoding and whatnot.
Intel: Northwood = good core, but outdated and can't compete with clockrate advances. Prescott = teh ghay, kill it already! Dothan = unexpected and hawt, needs to take the limelight already.

Oh and AMD dual-core >> Intel dual-core.

Clements

generalplot said:
Not provoking a war, just here to inform. Something to check out.

Pretty outdated now.

Dual-core Athlon64 X2 4800+

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2410

Wins almost every benchmark, and can o/c quite nice. On the PCMark04 and PCMark05 benches, the Athlon64 X2 takes the top three in both (beating out P4s clocked to the 4.6-5GHz range at a modest 3.2-3.4GHz)

FX-57

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2456

Wins every gaming, Audio/Video Encoding, and 3D Rendering bench, and most of the others as well. It also has an unlocked multiplier and can o/c to 3.0GHz on air.

In conclusion, AMD are definitely leading right now.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
I know Clements, but this was just to show P4C VS AXP (Barton). I expect that A64 should be able to take the top at this point.

OP
blue_fAng

blue_fAng

A full metal gamer
wow! you guys took this seriously! When I say "intel processors sucks" I mean AMD rocks, Intel goes second place. And AMD consumes 30% less power than Intel. All my friends have P4 Processors with 2.7 ghz or 3.1 ghz and their computers are useless comparing with my AMD Athlon xp 2600+ 2.1 ghz (overclocked) and I watch too many things more on internet than they.

Try using a PC using Intel processor with some specs and use another PC with same specs but changing Intel to an AMD processor, you will see the change (AMD will be faster), don't say "AMD will be slower with some time", like some Intel lover said, thats a lie.

You guys need to know that AMD is better than Intel.

Another thing, please don't say me "n00b" and don't get me pissed off.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
blue_fAng said:
wow! you guys took this seriously! When I say "intel processors sucks" I mean AMD rocks, Intel goes second place. And AMD consumes 30% less power than Intel. All my friends have P4 Processors with 2.7 ghz or 3.1 ghz and their computers are useless comparing with my AMD Athlon xp 2600+ 2.1 ghz (overclocked) and I watch too many things more on internet than they.

Try using a PC using Intel processor with some specs and use another PC with same specs but changing Intel to an AMD processor, you will see the change (AMD will be faster), don't say "AMD will be slower with some time", like some Intel lover said, thats a lie.

You guys need to know that AMD is better than Intel.

Another thing, please don't say me "n00b" and don't get me pissed off.
And you need to remember that there are times when Intel puts out a chip that becomes the fastest one on the block. AMD and Intel constantly trade places between 1st and 2nd place. Neither gets on top and stays there. And the noob thing was deserved by you for such an ignorant comment as "intel processors suck."

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I don't know if Intel CPUs suck but I know that Intel has been second by the time AMD launched 64 bit CPUs. And being second... actually sucks :p
I wonder how good these mobile AMD Turion CPUs are...

dukenukem

lord freiza
Damn this thread threw me off,i thought i was reading some other thread.Ontopic the dolphin will require a heavy pc to run when it works better.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Yeah, second for now Psyman, but it's a close second when comparing some of the S939 A64's to the dual core PExtreme. Dual core with each core being HT means 4 simultaneous threads of execution at once. Seems impressive to me. And those FX series aren't that far ahead either.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Are we here to discuss intel vs amd in every thread? Ignore it if someone says amd are better - this topic is not about intel vs amd. You don't need to prove that intel is better. Even if you do, some people just won't get it. Same goes the other way around, if someone says amd sucks.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Damn, no more fun... :p
At least I think that I succeded on pissing off generalplot... (Admit it, I pissed you off) ;)

Evil Cyborg

Gokule
Lets just wait for 1.03 to be released and then compare our fps....
Its useless to compare system requirements when the code is not even optimized
enough yet to have an exact system requirement (its still being worked on and is highly complex coding, you should be glad Dolphin is where it is at this point)
My point is lets just try to be patient as I can tell that 1.03 will probably blow us away
when we see what it can do on my computer as well as all of your computers *waits in anticipation*

Status
Not open for further replies.