What's new

Super Smash Bros. Melee at amazing speed! New Dolphin Version?

Ikku

Here, watch this:
He said, Options - Insert - Envelope - Speed up Frames...
...Dolphin Master Version...
hm...kinda weird? or fake?

Last edited:

jim061290

Well this vid doesn't prove anything. It just proves that falco can own fox. This would be more credible IF maybe he had shown Smash bros booted from dolphin

Knuckles

Dolphin is unable to get to that speed, even the x64 version. It's also easy to speed up a video. Also it looks in fullscreen in this video, dolphin doesn't do full screen either.

just fake, nothing big there.

Nintendo Ace

There is no version of Dolphin that can accomplish that level of playable speed, but after watching this video: ,
and when I tried it myself, it worked:D ! Super Smash Bros. Melee was playing at perfect speeds, though it was still a little jerky, it was still perfect:) . The video says that you need dolphin vs.1.02. but I tried it on my dolphin vs.1.03 and it still worked. One piece of warning is that when you are going to do it, remove your memcard_a first because it will ask if it can save data which will automatically delete all the game data that you previously had;) .

OP
I

Ikku

There is no version of Dolphin that can accomplish that level of playable speed, but after watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_FcBJ3UbDg,
and when I tried it myself, it worked:D ! Super Smash Bros. Melee was playing at perfect speeds, though it was still a little jerky, it was still perfect:) . The video says that you need dolphin vs.1.02. but I tried it on my dolphin vs.1.03 and it still worked. One piece of warning is that when you are going to do it, remove your memcard_a first because it will ask if it can save data which will automatically delete all the game data that you previously had;) .

what did you do? i don't get it...

thiagoccb

I tried to use gcos with 1.03 and it didn't work. With 1.02 works fine, but I don't have SSBM to test and see with my own eyes if that's true. I tried only with Zelda TP and all I've seen was a black screen and some green glitches. If that's true (and It seems to be, because some members here are saying that it worked), is it useful to use this information on the new version development? And, did someone tried it using more games?
Thanks dolphin team for your work, cause this emulator is awesome.
Sorry about my english, but I'm brazilian.

Nintendo Ace

I think that this method only works with Super Smash Bros. Melee. I actually tried it with other games, but I noticed no significant changes. I do not have Zelda Twilight Princess so I would not know.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Would someone please tell me what GCoS does? Is it, like an emulator version of that BIOS thing you see when you turn on your Cube with no disc?

OP
I

Ikku

Woah! A Emulation Glitch made me finish the first level in adventure mode in 10 seconds XD i was suddenly with the yoshis and then i skipped to the finish somehow XD

FireFalkon

could anyone help me, please?
I followed every step of the video to get SSBM to run at playable speed but when I press "A" in GCoS in the last part, boot original dvd or something like that, I get the following error: "DVD-Interface: Fatal Error cant read DVD_plugin" and then GCoS says that the media wasn't recognized. I already tried to play SSBM without GCoS and it worked fine. Please help.

Nintendo Ace

If it is true that you tried everything and still get that error, then I cannot help you there, but maybe you can make SSBM your default rom in the Dolphin emulator, then follow the procedure and see if it works.

FireFalkon

If it is true that you tried everything and still get that error, then I cannot help you there, but maybe you can make SSBM your default rom in the Dolphin emulator, then follow the procedure and see if it works.

How do I do that? making ssbm the default rom? it's the only rom i have...

Nintendo Ace

It's very simple to do, just open the emulator, go to options and select settings and when it comes up, you will see in the "General" tab default GCM and a browse icon, use it to go directly to the SSBM rom and select it. After that click OK and then run GCoS. Hope this helps.

Baccala

Howdy, i need some help setting up dolphin
What files do i need for the new version?
How do i set it up to get it able to work?
What do i need to do from scractch please?

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: