What's new

Super Mario Sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
let me ask you this.. would you let your kids play mario with a REAL gun?..

i doubt it.. then again.. i doubt you have kids.. but for the sake of argument..

if you know what the game is about.. then you'll know WHY he has a watercanon/tank on his back.. you still play mario just like b4.. if you want.. you can play thru the lvls without using the watercanon.. but it's required for bosses for ovious reasons.. and there are places you can't get too if you can't float.. unless you have a yoshi with you.. honestly.. if you know what the game is about.. you'll know WHY he has a watergun..

you might ask yourself.. "yeah but why make it like that to start with".. the thing with that is.. why not?.. tell me one good reason?.. tell me something kids love to do?.. play with water comes to mind.. and not only that.. it's an addition that isn't violent and true to the mario style.. you can't expect mario to run around with a real gun and being drunk like conker :p..

as for cell-da.. when you see it.. you'll love it.. unless you didn't like any of the other zeldas.. and cell-shading is VERY popular in japan.. all the new animes are using it.. and if you know how japan works.. anime is a type of tradition to them.. you have to remember these guys are from japan.. and they'll follow the trend from over there.. for me.. i find it refreshing.. it's something new.. and untouched.. because there are other cell-shaded games out there allready.. but non of them is a franchise or an adventure/RPG game.. also.. you do know that it won best console game award at tokyo gameshow don't you? ;).. that should tell you something.. + most magz are giving it a 9-10.. or 90-100%..

edit:
and it beat all the other GC games.. wich i did not expect it to do.. at least not metroid.. because that i know of.. there are SO many ppl that doubt this new look over there too..

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah, i saw a preview of zelda for GC, it looks very cartoony, and actualy quite nice, of course it could look better in 3d, but it looks superb for a cartoony game :)

Stez

blizz

Jaz said:
Macca said:
Penny Arcade sums up this crap about people rating games before a release, perfect for this thread

Yes, good!

Because if I hear that `Zelda Cube` is clearly the greatest game of all time, from any of you Nintendo junkies, I may have to kill myself. :p

actually it's probably just an extension of the goodness that Ocarina of Time provided, so it's all good!!!

anyway, I'm actually looking forward to StarFox by Namco, and of course Metroid Prime

Stezo2k

S-2K
blizz said:
Jaz said:
Macca said:
Penny Arcade sums up this crap about people rating games before a release, perfect for this thread

Yes, good!

Because if I hear that `Zelda Cube` is clearly the greatest game of all time, from any of you Nintendo junkies, I may have to kill myself. :p

actually it's probably just an extension of the goodness that Ocarina of Time provided, so it's all good!!!

anyway, I'm actually looking forward to StarFox by Namco, and of course Metroid Prime

yeah i'm lookin forward to what thats guna be like, namco are pretty good at making games based in space, is it a co-operation with nintendo? Or are just namco are going to make it with permsion from nintendo? Eitherway sounds gr8, starfox64 is l33t :)

Stez

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Yup, Starfox/wing/lylatwars/whatevercomesnext has for some reason only really slipped into my mind in the last few days... despite this strange apathy I feel towards Starfox Adventures (just doesn't seem that interesting), so its good to see we'll get a proper Starfox game. Namco seem to do well with fast-paced games and have a knack of getting nice graphics out of anything (Ridge Racer... c'mon, who'd have thought that would look so nice on the PS?)and a whole heap of repeat play value usually stacked into their arcade games, so this could be a good one to watch. Lets just hope some of the abstract bonus levels and such make it back from the SNES days. Mmm, now this is the kind of thing I bought a GameCube for. Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart and Starfox. All developed with a genuine desire to make the best possible games out of them. :)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hehe.. i do believe you mentiond Arcade ;)..

bout the other fox games.. adventures is HUGE!!!.. it's a big freaken game..

next starfox: afaik.. totally new ships (i bet they'll look somewhat the same and call em something else though :p).. and a diferent enemy.. also.. i heard of a multiplayer online mode????.. eh.. i'm kinda worried.. but i feel they are taking it abit tooo far :p.. but i dunno.. i mean i've heard that there's 2 more games comming.. and of all the rumors and some real facts it actually could be 2 new games.. but see.. it's.. hmmm.. one would turn SO unstarfox.. and the other one would be like the original just better.. who knows.. maybe there'll be 2..

RatTrap

GODLIKE
if you are to believe the rumors.. one of these games will be kind of like earth&beyond.. that is if it IS 2 console games.. i'm not sure..

Jaz

Ex-Mod
RatTrap said:
i doubt it.. then again.. i doubt you have kids.. but for the sake of argument..

*rotflmfao* :happy:

You realise that we all stopped reading at that point, right? ;)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
Jaz said:
RatTrap said:

*rotflmfao* :happy:

You realise that we all stopped reading at that point, right? ;)

dun mess with me man.. i have a FREAKEN WATERGUN AND I*M NOT AFRAÍD TO USE THE BLOODY THING!..

Josep

eyerun4phun
i didn't get supermario sunshine because of all the hype, plus i was really never a super mario adventure fan, i like the racing, the fighting, the puzzles, and rpg mario type games, but not the adventure ones;) i don't know y;)

Reznor007

Stezo2k said:
yeah, i saw a preview of zelda for GC, it looks very cartoony, and actualy quite nice, of course it could look better in 3d, but it looks superb for a cartoony game :)

Stez

Umm...it is in 3d.

iq_132

Banned
I think he means that it would look better if it wasn't a screenshot or low-quality video that he was looking at.

decription

I have 95 shines and I'm lovin every bit of it. Although it's not the same without playing on a pc (hint, hint). J/k

Jaz

Ex-Mod
decription said:
I have 95 shines and I'm lovin every bit of it. Although it's not the same without playing on a pc (hint, hint). J/k

/me notices decription's avatar..

64DD owns, btw. :happy:

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Was the 64 DD ever emulated - I remember lemmy asking for one a while ago!!!

Also I know you should not judge a book by its cover but I really don't like the look of Zelda GCN. I just don't. OOT looked amazing and for this to be a sequel - especially after those pics at the GCN demo of Link and Gannodorf It is rather shocking! Love mario though. Mario 64 was revolutonary and whilst this doesn't exactly introduce a genre the way Mario 64 did sunshine still rocks.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Grant64 said:
Was the 64 DD ever emulated - I remember lemmy asking for one a while ago!!!

Nope, we've been there.

I have pretty much all the carts if anyone finds a way of dumping them. ;)

Hottoast

Had my Game Cube 2 days now and have been playing SMS. Would just like to say what a great game.

I am dismayed at the posts that have slagged the game off, surely these people have:-
1. never played the game in any shape or form.
2. think it makes them look big to slag off Nintendo’s latest masterpiece
3. have had part of their brain surgically removed

Ok the game may look as if it was made for kids and makes use of primary colours but the gameplay is just amazing, and I define anybody who has played it to be disappointed.

Also on the game is “just for kids” I really can’t imagine kids getting anywhere near the end of the game.

I believe this game appeals to all ages and at the 36 I should know.

P.S. shines per hour =about 1
:blush:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Resident evil, thats a kids game isn't it?

I mean, zombies come out of the door and give you candy.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.