What's new

Super Mario Sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Doomulation said:
And zelda, the gfx looks damn childish imo. I would never play it.

See, whilst I may agree to a point with that - I would never say it out loud on this board! Stalkid64, Anchel, et co will never speak to you again! ;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
Doomulation said:
Hmm, let's see...running around with a water gun? Erm, pretty childish imo
And it seems pretty boring to the other mario games. I like the old fashion bowser running off with the princess and the great worlds that you'd have to fight through. And the koopa kids!
Gee, they've destroyed it all--even mario64 was bad enough!

And zelda, the gfx looks damn childish imo. I would never play it.

Hmm, lets see, the resident evil series and Eternal Darkness, both of which are exclusive games to the GCN, and wow they are childish, running around blowing the shit out of zombies and seeing blood and guts flying every where, i know i see children encouraged playing these games...

think b4 you post people, the whole "GC looks like a kids lunch box" and kiddish console just has nothing to back it up,

and lets see you make zelda look not "childish"?? I'm sorry for being so bitter, i just had to say something;)

yogaman

Banned
okay..... sms could be really worth a try. Also I´m a fanatic zelda fan - and I will even get it if the gfx sux, coz zelda was never brilliant becoz of its graphics (apart from maybe zelda64/mm) - the concept was the main thing. Also, I think that GCN has brilliant graphic - but most games are really developed for the younger ones among us (not telling sms is tho). I don´t know too many titles designed for adults apart from those which are available on the other consols too (like Resident evil or turok ...).
Don´t get me wrong, I´m not throwing all the titles into one bucket, but comparing GCN titles with X-box/PS2 does really cover things up.

*being poked by everybody and screaming loud*

blizz

I don't care what you bitches think, I've reached the "If I'm paying for this game it better be fucking good" which is what Ninty and SEGA do most of the time, with rare (hehe) exceptions, like Silent Bomber, and Bomberman on the GBA

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Who said i wouldn't play the games?
And saying that the story seems to be as before in sms, maybe i'll give it a try even though the "water gun".
About zelda, looks so freakin' stupid. Yeah, none of the games are released yet, so i still have time to check good reviews about 'em, which describes in details. And afaik, they say that a second zelda game will come, of which doesn't use cel shading.

If i find the games good enuff to play, i won't care about the gfx or the water gun :)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
No, for that to happen I'd have to have any slight concern for his opinion in the first place I believe. Someone wants to throw insults on Mario Sunshine or Zelda or ANY great game when that opinion is just based on what it looks like, that's their own stupid fault and punishment enough really. I'd have to question what they got into GAMES for in the first place if not to PLAY them. Emphasis on the two commonly-forgotten elements of the industry there. And AFAIK (Which I'm willing to stake is slightly more admittedly) there IS no second Zelda game... I so wish people would get over it. The second engine for Zelda NGC is gone and ditched as Miyamoto had little interest in it. The `second game`spoken of was GBA LTTP, or did people suddenly forget this? The (hopefully final and god I wish IGN's lousy boards burn in hell for ever starting this rumour) End.
Now... back to "The Watermelon Festival"..! Or maybe The Yoshi-go-round... or...

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
Someone wants to throw insults on Mario Sunshine or Zelda or ANY great game when that opinion is just based on what it looks like, that's their own stupid fault and punishment enough really.

I never insulted it, just said that from a personal view I hate all Zelda's - not my type of game at all.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
About a week ago Macca and I rented SMS, and I have to say I loved it, especially the non-water pack bits. They were some of the greatest challenges I've had in awhile, and the background music was fantastic as well. That said, I'm a bit worried that the game will be too easy. We rented it for one night and already we got about 45 shines. Can anyone who's played it for longer tell me whether it gets any harder? Is it worth buying, or should I just rent it two more times?

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Jaz said:
Stalkid64 said:
Someone wants to throw insults on Mario Sunshine or Zelda or ANY great game when that opinion is just based on what it looks like, that's their own stupid fault and punishment enough really.

I never insulted it, just said that from a personal view I hate all Zelda's - not my type of game at all.
That wasn't aimed at anyone specific anyway... this thread needs to chill unless this is going to become part 2 of the Emutalk Great Flame Wars. (But it just wouldn't be the same without RadeonUser...;))

blizz

Raging Fuel said:
About a week ago Macca and I rented SMS, and I have to say I loved it, especially the non-water pack bits. They were some of the greatest challenges I've had in awhile, and the background music was fantastic as well. That said, I'm a bit worried that the game will be too easy. We rented it for one night and already we got about 45 shines. Can anyone who's played it for longer tell me whether it gets any harder? Is it worth buying, or should I just rent it two more times?

45 shines!!! fucking hell you freaks!!!

blizz

Stalkid64 said:
That wasn't aimed at anyone specific anyway... this thread needs to chill unless this is going to become part 2 of the Emutalk Great Flame Wars. (But it just wouldn't be the same without RadeonUser...;))

sniff!, ah memories

Macca

blizz said:
45 shines!!! fucking hell you freaks!!! [/B]

We're about to hire it again tonight, hopefully to finish the last bowser and then it should take one or two more rents to complete it :p

blizz

Macca said:
blizz said:
45 shines!!! fucking hell you freaks!!!

We're about to hire it again tonight, hopefully to finish the last bowser and then it should take one or two more rents to complete it :p [/B]

hrrm compare this to my one to two shines a night thing though... damm

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I'm the same... I have "walkthrough" suspicions. Unless this is some kind of 24-hour playing deal... I've had the game playing constantly for a week now and only racked up 35 or so.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:

*lol*

I'm chilled, see, cool. :cool:

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Stalkid64 said:
I'm the same... I have "walkthrough" suspicions. Unless this is some kind of 24-hour playing deal... I've had the game playing constantly for a week now and only racked up 35 or so.

We didn't use a walkthrough except when we couldn't figure out how to get to the world where you use yoshi to eat the egg that's blocking the warp pipe (mainly coz we had finished just about everything else in all the worlds up til there). We did play quite a bit, but it wasn't that long. I would guess that we played the game for about 8-10 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.