NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
well my video card doesn't handle glide64 the best
it plays it but slower then rice

Last edited:

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Ah, so its because of a video card compatibility. I understand, well, you'll stick with Mupen's i guess.

As for me like i said, it run very well, no slow down & the graphics are the same as in Mupen64, only with this, the advantage is i can use cheats ;)

I hope that BigHead will share my finding (config) on his site.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
furio said:
^^^lol done^^^

Also for those of you who want to play with cheats & get the best config along:

Emulator: - 1964 v0.9.9
Video: - Glad64 v0.8 Wonder
Audio: - Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2
RSP: - RSP Emulation Plugin
Comments: Apply the below settings.

Current game options in Video Plugin:
In the Config's page:
Autodetect Microcode: Check
Force Microcode: 4:RSP SW 2.0D EXT (ex. Shadows of the Empire)
Resolution: Choose Yours Resolution

and more..

I tried it out, from what I have seen it runs great except slow in some places. What is puzzling me is I seem to have a problem with Star Wars in 1964. So far I am stuck on the Battle of Hoth mission, because I keep randomly falling into a black void which appears to be waaaaay away from the game area. I fly forever towards it never reaching it, with "RETURN TO BATTLE" flashing. I am experimenting a little bit, maybe my counter factor is wrong or something else isn't right. I tried other video plugins other than Glide64, and here is what I get:

1964 with Glide64
notcool.jpg

1964 with Jabo's Direct3d
notcool2.jpg

It happens on all game versions of the ROM, so it can't be game settings I tinkered with and somehow "accidentally" applied to to every version. The Hoth stage runs fine on Project64 with Glide64:
cool.jpg

But it sucks for other stages (Glide64 & Project64)
notcoo3.jpg

Glide64 and 1964 have always worked fine for me, so something must be wrong somewhere. I will try to pinpoint and fix what is causing this, and if I find the config to be acceptable, I will add it. Right now I am wondering if only I am suffering this issue.

Last edited:

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Yeah your right, in 1964, at the stage 4 of Battle Of Hoth i've just got this bug, i don't understand i didn't run through this the 1st time.

I knew it for PJ64 coze i've tried it before.

So i guess its a good thing that you've verified it.

Still weird this bug don't you think?

Maybe some tweeking here & there will resolve this unusual bug.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
furio said:
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Yeah your right, in 1964, at the stage 4 of Battle Of Hoth i've just got this bug, i don't understand i didn't run through this the 1st time.

I knew it for PJ64 coze i've tried it before.

So i guess its a good thing that you've verified it.

Still weird this bug don't you think?

Maybe some tweeking here & there will resolve this unusual bug.

It is a strange bug indeed, and happens randomly. I got it on the first part of Hoth, and sometimes not until the 3rd. I think it has to deal with the emulator only, considering it only happens in 1964. Changing graphics, sound, etc.. options probably won't help, but tinkering with some of the game settings may help. I will play around with it later on. It would be nice to have "perfect" config like the Mupen/Rice one with cheats.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Yeah it would be very nice indeed.

I'll tweek around me self too, so, we'll be in touch soon...

EDIT:I've tested it in PJ64 & remembered that it did work(at leats for me), i know that i said in my previous post that i knew that it didn't worked in PJ64 but, the trouble is when i'm in FullScreen Mode, the graphics becomes less smooth & gets smaller than the window mode??? Also my pointer is there, even on fullscreen mode??? Other then that, its perfect.
(See both pics in attachements)

So, thats the reason i jumped to conclusion when i didn't have trouble in fullscreen mode & that i didn't see the pointer with 1964.

Now if we can tweek this in PJ64, that would be awesome...

Last edited:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
what i do is i use our mupen config for pj64 & 1964 it plays about the same try it out and get back to me:bouncy:

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
To a Moderator can you move this thread
to General N64 Emulation Discussion
so far we have talked about mupen pj64 & 1964
and i don't want to step on anyone's toes

thanks

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
****CONFIG UPDATE ARE IN RED*****

Also for those of you who want to play with cheats & get the best config along:

Emulator: - PJ64 v1.6
Video: - Glad64 v0.8 Wonder Plus
Audio: - Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2
RSP: - RSP Emulation Plugin
Comments: Apply the below settings.

Current game options in Video Plugin:
In the Config's page:
Autodetect Microcode: Check
Force Microcode: 4:RSP SW 2.0D EXT (ex. Shadows of the Empire)
Resolution: Choose Your Resolution
Click on the button "Wrapper" Located in the bottom of this Page & Choose Your Resolution

Last edited:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
please note that i have a new video 256MB card now
any new updates to this info from me may not work for you
the old info on this page worked with 64MB of video

hey furio i try ed glad 08 w plus and i like it

now that i have a man's video card:drool:

Last edited:

frequent

For me, it works now fine with pj64 1.6 and the configs above (Rice gfx plugin v. 5.9.9), Thank you all. :) *yay even in fullscreen*. Besides, I am missing only the starry backround in the imperial freighter mission, it's only a black drawing, but that's not such bad for me.

Greets, frequent

Iconoclast

i heard that direct3d works so i gave a try and i didn't like it because
sometimes it leaves graphics out of the game
so i took a different path.

nope i have not found a way to fix rogue squadron yet
but if i do i will post it.
I tried using Nemu64 to play Star Wars Rogue Squadron, and found that no other graphics plugin (the one that comes with Nemu) does a better job than that one for emulating this game. I tried testing it for playability, and it seems playable, to me, but everyone's still saying Star Wars RS is still unplayable.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
:huh: dude your quoting me from over a year a go :blink:

and this thread is for fixing Star Wars Shadows of the Empire which we have done.

not swrs

also swrs is still to glitchy to play i.e It'S unplayable sorry it's the truth :flowers:

Iconoclast

I don't care how old the post was. I was just commenting on your assumption that it was unplayable. Excuse me for correcting a mistake.

And I was able to get into the game and fly my spaceship around, so it's playable to me. Also, I don't care what this thread is about, I was just saying. Don't tell me I don't have the right to correct you....

Iconoclast

Also, I just finished testing this game. It has been added to my N64 Emulation Guide, though not yet. It will be there when I release a new version, anyway. I wrote the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known issues: There are no known issues for this game.

Recommended Emulator: Mupen64 or Project64
Recommended Plugins:
  • Graphics: Rice's Video Plugin 5.9.9
  • Sound: Azimer's HLE or Jabo's DirectSound
Mupen64 does the best job of emulating this game, but Project64 does pretty much just as good as Mupen64, only it takes a little longer for the game to finish booting. 1964 causes graphics conflicts as well as core issues within the game. Nemu64 is just plain slow. You could use it if you have a really fast system for emulation, but for the average system, there isn't really a good reason to. Finally, as for the graphics plugin, Rice's Video Plugin 5.9.9 has an edge over 6.1.1 beta 10 for this game. I did not test Glide64, but chances are, Rice's Video Plugin is probably much faster than Glide64 in some areas of the game. If you hate the plugin or something, Glide64 could be an alternate (untested).
To get the best out of using Rice's Video Plugin to emulate this game, open the plugin configuration dialoge with the game running, and set the following options on the Current Game Options tab: (If the plugin says that advanced options are not allowed to be changed, uncheck "Hide Advanced Options" on the General Options tab, 'refresh' the plugin dialoge, and try again.)
  • Frame Update at: At the 1st CI change (fixes flickering, faster than option "At CI change")
  • N64 Frame Buffer: Basic Framebuffer (recommended by plugin author)
  • Rendering To Texture: Hide Render-to-texture Effects (prevents some texture issues)
  • Normal Blender: Off (removes alpha issues in text)
  • Normal Combiner: Off (prevents coloration issues)
  • Fine Texture Mapping: On (fixes some images)