What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Star Fox HD Community Project

OP
R

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
I've already got all that stuff from YouTube (the only place where people show you live rather than just a load of mumbo-jumbo crud) All of the objects are placed in there. maybe I need to get the water tex. out of the gimp file?

mode7

Which filename are you using? What file format did you save them? Which resolution are you using? HiRes textures have to be 2x 4x 8x 16x..... of the original.
What do you mean by gimp file?

OP
R

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
Like the texture editor GIMP.

Where do I change it anyway?

I'm starting a dump on Corneria right now!

The dump is finished, and, I think I got a headache.

200+ textures, I hope you aren't expecting this thing to be done by the end of the year!

Last edited:

mode7

Like the texture editor GIMP.

Where do I change it anyway?

I'm starting a dump on Corneria right now!

The dump is finished, and, I think I got a headache.

200+ textures, I hope you aren't expecting this thing to be done by the end of the year!

Man, I have a hard truth for you: You probably won't be able to finish this anytime soon, if you will be able to finish it at all.
Take your time to learn how to work with gimp and learn some basics about file formats and digital images first. Then take a look at professional textures and tutorials on how to make a good texture.
Than come back and learn something on how texture replacements work. Search yourself a game to retexture and ask yourself if you want to spend most of your freetime with it.
Then you might start to work on a pack..otherwise you wont be getting anywhere.

OP
R

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
Sheesh, I was expecting more of a negative comment, thanks though! I will work all the things out soon witht the textures!

cerebus5

Just start very, very small. Take a single object and try to retexture it. Say the spaceship where you had the logo, just work on that. Don't worry if it takes a month or two, just make it your goal to get that finished. Ask questions. Don't give up on this project.

OP
R

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
Well, I got a cold, and I'm starting with Corneria's outer area texture, Using GIMP, I use the color finder, and it's lighter most of the time! and besides, GIMP is free, and is easier to understand.

Datadayne

You should take a look at a completed Star Fox project by UnaidedCoder. Study the textures and determine how he might have achieved the look of the textures. It would make great building blocks.

Last edited:
OP
R

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
Yeah, with homework, already working on an SMW hack, making my own game, hires star fox 64, and I'm almost done with a cold, I might have to slow down creation a bit...not a lot, but a tiny bit... You will be expecting a done rebuild by the end of 2009.

OP
R

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
really, really crappy... and besides the Arwing textures were from KidA's textures. Honestly, I've been googling for hours trying to find simple tutorials for tiled hires textures. anyway, a stiff drink (Coca-cola of course) and a few minutes looking into the current semi-complete textures might give me a few pointers. cerebus, if you want, you can help with this project!

cerebus5

man I know even less than you do, and my time is like nonexistent. I'd love to though, it's a shame to be an onlooker when all these fantastic homebrew projects are being made.