What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

speiles F-ZERO X retexture

OP
speile

speile

Currently ***ding FZX
can you please post the exact file name for your version of f-zero that you are running, for example i'am running F-Zero X (U) [h1].v64 . Please Reply, Thanks.

here you go, this is the version im using
F-Zero_X_(U)_[!].v64

Fusiodine

N64 Texture Designer
Oh i see so that's why my textures aren't loading, it's because the rom name decides the dumped texture names. Which means actually that i need the rom version that you're running to use your textures.:(

BlueFalcon7

I couldnt help but notice this thread, and I dont really post alot in N64 emulation sections, and I dont do a lot of retexturing. But I noticed this and this is amazing! Did you get any textures from F-Zero GX, or SSBM? Because that would make it look really cool. Unfortunately, I dont know of any tools for extracting textures in F-Zero GX.

tailslol

go see your card name in rom information then copy the internal name of the rom like SP - F ZERO X then download with google the free program Rename-it! and with this program rename the whole pack and the first folder and the pack will work (work with all games like zelda oot and zelda mq)

OP
speile

speile

Currently ***ding FZX
BlueFalcon7 said:
I couldnt help but notice this thread, and I dont really post alot in N64 emulation sections, and I dont do a lot of retexturing. But I noticed this and this is amazing! Did you get any textures from F-Zero GX, or SSBM? Because that would make it look really cool. Unfortunately, I dont know of any tools for extracting textures in F-Zero GX.

The only things from fzero GX ive used are the character images, and they were taken off the desktop image of each pilot (available from the official fzero website) and even then these have been edited. All the other textures are home made, in either photoshop, 3ds max, or autoCAD.

As you probably guessed the devils forest textures are influenced by green plant in gx, but i dont see the point of ripping textures from gx, or even playing gx on my pc... (seeing as i have it on the cube).

As i said id post a screen shot...
F-ZEROX-14.jpg

Would it be possible to rip/use GX textures? That would be an interesting side project I guess. I always prefered F-Zero X to GX for some reason even though GX is waaaaay prettier.

tailslol

i have read somewhere we can extract an gc iso but i dont think its great for rip textures but i know that dolphin can dump textures from games whitch run on it i have try it with starfox assault but ull need skill to edit them and it work only with emulated games (i got pokemon coloseum and starfox assault)

BlueFalcon7

You would need to refer to the general GC emulation section, for F-Zero GX texture rips, I havent found anything to rip the textures.

Fusiodine

N64 Texture Designer
Hey Speile, i was just thinking could the folder name for F-Zero X in my (Nineteen64\plugin\hires_texture) directory be the reason why mine is not loading? By the way could you please post the folder name of your F-Zero X hires texture pack please. You know, the one in this directory (Nineteen64\plugin\hires_texture) mine is currently named like this "Fzero X" (not in qoutes though). Thanks a bunch.:happy:

Oh and by the way what is your roms Internal name?

Last edited:

Fusiodine

N64 Texture Designer
Hey speile, Nevermind dude. My mistake, I just had a stupid attack.:p I bet you will never guess what i did.

I overwrote ALL of the files i downloaded from you, with the ones i dumped.:happy: I am such a n00b. LOL

p.s. Your textures make all the difference in the world of videogaming. Keep up the good work buddy.:w00t:

squeakypants

great work :-D I love the first level of the king cup, fire jumps or whatever it's called. The entire king cup looks so great ;D

darknior

Darknior
Hi speile :D
Do you will to update one day your PACK ?
Because it is realy a good start ... and this game does not want many time to be finished i think ;)

Bye

1Cario1

I really love this game and therefore I looked everywhere for a retexture pack.
Finally I found this one and it is great but I can´t download the newest release because the download link is down.
I have downloaded the one from the second post but it doesn´t include all the textures from the screenshots.
And this is why I registered here:drool:
(After trying to retexture on my own but as you see without success...but i won´t give up that fast)

I would be realy happy if someone could re-upload this Pack!

And...
I have to apologize, my English is not very well but I’m looking forward to improve it.(I´m from Germany)

Legend

Thanks Mudlord but that file is incomplete. It should be almost 3 megs. while yours is the only 200 kb. Hopefully, we can get the full, latest pack (1c I think) so we can have everything seen in the previous screenshots here. Thanks in advance!!!

BCage

I don't know where I got it anymore, probably from another thread on this site, but here's a rar with the textures mudlord posted and lots of other in subfolders. There might be some doubles in here, but this appears to have most of the textures...

F-Zero X - rapidshare

Legend

Thanks BCage!!! This pack is still missing some stuff from screenshots though- most noticeable are the in-game HUD items. Maybe it never got released fully. Oh well, maybe Speile will be able to upload his full, complete pack some day.

death--droid

I know this is a old topic.
Just wondering if anyone still has this pack. If they do can they please upload it for me please.

Cheers