What's new

Speeding it up/ Whats fastest?

galford_bust

emu enthusiast
well, i read somewhere that the dolphin uses more of an interpreter
Wow, if that's the case it already has more speed than most people believe it has.
The reason the dolphin gets slower, is because more of the DOL code gets figured out
Well I though that it was done sightly different from that, but hey, what do I know?

Now, I know I'm going to ask something rather offtopic but considering the whole thread is mostly offtopic I'll shoot a question: I've read in these forums once that the bios had no or little relation with the executed code, and that every game has its own operative system in which every game relies exclusively. How far or close is that from the real thing?

S Vegeto

speed

Hey guys I'm quite happy with the average speed(4.5-5)fps but are they enough to play any games(eg.fighting games like budokai 2).

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
S Vegeto said:
Hey guys I'm quite happy with the average speed(4.5-5)fps but are they enough to play any games(eg.fighting games like budokai 2).
Are you serious?

S Vegeto

Agozer said:
Are you serious?
Not anymore. Not really coz of the speed though. graphics come HORRIBLE.....my graphic card aint that bad aint it? Its a chipset but it DOES support direct x 9.0b.+

S Vegeto

arnalion said:
Which graphics chip is it?
Its the free one which comes with Intel Desktop Board D915GAV with Intel 915G express chipset. Speed during gameplay though, turns to 2-2.5 fps though I have a 3GHz PC with 512mb ram and Direct X 9.0c

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
All intel chipsets are terrible. In fact, all built-in gfx card of any kinds are bad. But the newest nvidia and raedon chipsets are alright from what I know.

Clements

Intel graphics are all hampered by poor quality drivers compared with ATi/NVIDIA, so no matter how many features the Intel chipset can support, it will not stack up to a dedicated card.

S Vegeto

Hey guys whenever somebody says "When will the new Dolphin update be realeased" why do you guys say after a year or after gamecube is dead. Just out of curiosity, I wanna know how a console being dead helps in the development of emulators coz they say the same thing for a whole lot of other emulators too. Anyways, Dolphin is still one of the(if not the) best gamecube emulators out there. I'll try getting GeForce after 2 months or so, so I reckon I'll have to wait.

Doomulation

Because if there is a working emulator, people will download games on play on the emulator hence it will hurt sales of the console and the games.

S Vegeto

Ooooh....too bad though. I would have bought a gamecube myself only where I live they cost something like Rs.7,000 or so.

WhiteX

S Vegeto said:
Ooooh....too bad though. I would have bought a gamecube myself only where I live they cost something like Rs.7,000 or so.

R$, you mean, in "Reais", you´re Brazilian, right?

If so a Gamecube is R$ 650,00 here, don´t lie.

S Vegeto

I'M NOT LYING I LIVE IN INDIA WITH A 12 HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE PRICE OF CONSOLES HERE!!!! I WOULD HAVE EVEN BOUGHT A PS2 IF I HAD THE MONEY. INDIAN CURRENCY IS CALLED RUPEES(REMEMBER ZELDA?)
1 AMERICAN DOLLAR = 43.5 RUPEES
THERE DOES THAT CLEAR UP SOME STUFF?
but as emwearz said dolphins free im getting stuff for free so i shudnt complain but then again i wish i was in america then i could have bought a gamecube.

Doomulation

So then, a gamecube costs around double the price at around 160$. That isn't too expensive, you just may need to save some money.

GCFreak

S Vegeto said:
Hey guys whenever somebody says "When will the new Dolphin update be realeased" why do you guys say after a year or after gamecube is dead. Just out of curiosity, I wanna know how a console being dead helps in the development of emulators coz they say the same thing for a whole lot of other emulators too. Anyways, Dolphin is still one of the(if not the) best gamecube emulators out there. I'll try getting GeForce after 2 months or so, so I reckon I'll have to wait.

So what? The Nintendo 64 is long dead and Project64 is still being worked on, at least as far as I know.