What's new

some screens from rices 5.5.1

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
some screens of polaris snow cross monaco grad prix and rakuga kids. monaco grand prix's menu screens and startup screens are fubar but in game is ok. polaris snow cross has to have the texture depth hack on. its not perfect but pretty good. rakuga kids looked pretty much perfect.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
yousuke ides mahjong school, you need to turn cp1 unusable exceptions to yes and dma in segments to yes to get it to work.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
heres banjo kazooie. this game works really well for me with limited 3 stage combiner , with pixel shader i get wierd texture problems.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
heres ridge racer. It looks as good as any other plugin makes it look. pretty much perfect.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
here's a few more japanese games. super robot spirits and super robot taisen. need to disable fog to make super robot spirits look ok in fights.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
NFL Blitz special edition. turn off force software t&l to see team names in the endzones. it looks perfect or at least as good as any other plugin gets it. I couldnt see any flaws.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
heres a few from jet force gemeni. its not quite perfect but it is very very good.
BTW, the last picture i was using pal ci witdth and ratio.

Last edited:
OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
aerofighters assault. This is a pretty cool jetfighter game. theres some minor errors but certainly nothing worth really worrying about. fog doesnt seem correct . and at the intro you some get graphics cut off as they are flying at you (similar to the star wars racer problem)but that was the only place i noticed it. it looks pretty good. the first pic is what happens when you fly into the ocean, the second when you get shot down wich looks great(the pic doesnt do it justice) the third is me about to get shot down while attacking a ship. yeah i suck at the game.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmm... Some screens from me ( Game : the new Tetris !!!)

No. 1 : That screen "Puzzle" effect is very hard to emulate :D The settings on the screen can make it :D
No. 2 : The shimmer on the blocks are looking a lil' bit odd .
No. 3 : These are the settings to get the puzzle screen transition effect to work .

Believe me , tetris IS addictive :D

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
heres a game called shadow man. it seems to be more adult themed. some cursing and whatnot. use the default settings plus enable fine texture mapping and increase textrect edge. it looks great.

Trotterwatch

In the 2nd pic is that the depth issue - too late now for me to check. If so I wonder why that's back, last I checked many versions back this game looked perfect.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
i dont know , but the game looked great. i never played it till now.

do you mean the light coming through the hill? if so i didnt notice it when i played with rices the first time . i tried the game with glide64 and noticed it right off.

yep it appears so. just tried it again with rices . didnt really seem to have an impact on the game though.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Oh yeah it doesn't have any impact, so it's not a big deal. I just remember it was fixed in a previous release (unless I've gone mental that is ;)).

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
heres rally challenge 2000 , framebuffer effects are cool but not quite perfect, overall very nice.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
gex enter the gecko. this game was fun on the 3d0 system. the controls here suck though. maybe i just need a new config. seems to run very well though with rices .

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
i was able to get body harvest to play with rices and pj64. the game will appear to freeze at times. just click windows start button then go back to pj64 and it will resume. you can cross the bridge as well, though its kind of frustrating, first of course read the sign then go to the drawbridge operator by going just to the right of the door and lower the bridge. next jump in the truck and smash the fence being careful not to go in the water. now start on the very right side of the bridge and you will be able to cross it. it may take a while , dont jump out of the truck or you will be stuck just keep going back a little then forward and you will eventually make it. anyway here are some pics and settings. oh yeah and i set jabos audio to sych with game.