What's new

Smokers..

I would kill for a cuban cigar.

/me drops kicks Vampireuk and takes his cuban.

Now thats a cigar.

:teehee:

internalised

I hate smoking. It's killed 3 out of my 4 grandparents and is working on finishing off my mum's stepmother. Nasty stuff.

Clements

Even though I'm completely against smoking, I doubt it will ever be completely banned. Its just too popular, and generates more money for the National Health Service in the UK than the cost of treatment of smoking related diseases. I've noticed how the messages on the packs have become even more blatant, now in great big black and white writing with 'Smoking harms your baby' etc. Won't stop smokers quit though, only until society changes and views smoking as 'not a cool thing to do' will we see any improvement.

Clements said:
I've noticed how the messages on the packs have become even more blatant, now in great big black and white writing with 'Smoking harms your baby' etc.
I know about this. Many people I know are going to buy much packs to collect the stickers!

I still remember someone who said: "I know when you are addicted to smoking. I smoke almost every day, and I'm still not addicted", and the funny of this is that he was serious :p .

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Heres a chart of different causes of deaths compared with smoking:

CAUSES OF DEATH DEATHS % COMPARED TO SMOKING
Alcohol-induced deaths 19,086 04.4%
Assault (homicide) 16,831 03.9%
Drug-induced deaths 18,443 04.3%
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease 14,681 03.4%
Injury by firearms 28,839 06.7%
Motor Vehicle Accidents 46,378 10.8%

TOTAL OF ALL ABOVE 144,258 33.5%

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Your list is... odd, AlphaWolf.

Assault (homicide) 16,831 03.9%

Assault != homicide.

Any legalist will tell you, there is a big difference between assault and homicide.

Assault doesn't even have to be physical...

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:
Your list is... odd, AlphaWolf.

Assault != homicide.

Any legalist will tell you, there is a big difference between assault and homicide.

Assault doesn't even have to be physical...

The person who wrote this chart probably wanted to distinguish homicide with either a conventional weapon or no weapon at all (e.g. assault) from homicide by firearm. If you want to get realy technical, assault on its own does not imply death, hence they added the parenthesis :geek:

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Just for any uneducated people out there who are too ignorant to see past the word "fag". In Europe a cigarette is called a fag, well at least here :p

2fast4u

vampireuk said:
Just for any uneducated people out there who are too ignorant to see past the word "fag". In Europe a cigarette is called a fag, well at least here :p

lol :happy: only the europeans trapped on the island :satisfied

Slougi

2fast4u said:
lol :happy: only the europeans trapped on the island :satisfied
You mean those queer people dressed in those queer clothes in their queer brick houses living on the other side of that queer pond? :D

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Slougi said:
You mean those queer people dressed in those queer clothes in their queer brick houses living on the other side of that queer pond? :D

queer finish person put some clothes on!!

oh yeah, I went there:happy:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I don't smoke, i used to a few years ago, but i totally stopped.

The link Alphawolf posted doesn't surprise me at all. I just consider it's almost impossible to smoke more than french.

I'm curious to know how the cigarette's price influence consumption. Here the pack costs around 3.5€. How much does it cost in your country ?

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Hmm...I have this friend who is a cock smoker, does that count?

/me looks at dixon :happy: