What's new

Smokers..

2fast4u

Martin said:
Hmm...I have this friend who is a cock smoker, does that count?

* Martin looks at dixon :happy:

sure does ... it kinda comes in context with that "fag"-word .. ;)

Talas

Son of the Sky
Something that may piss off a lot of foreigners though, tobacco is one of the US's largest exports.

Something that may piss of US Americans though, tobacco came from the indians, beer from the czechs and cannabis from the asians.
:happy: Man, you always find something to show us how great th US are. Funny funny. :saint:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Talas said:
Something that may piss of US Americans though, tobacco came from the indians, beer from the czechs and cannabis from the asians.
:happy: Man, you always find something to show us how great th US are. Funny funny. :saint:

Hmm....why would that piss us off?

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I smoke over a pack a day. And for some reason, even though I can't back it up nor will mention or discuss/debate it again, it's not going to kill me. That is not a logical statement, and even if i'm wrong and it does kill me I accept said responsibility. BTW, cigs could around SEVEN bucks here in NYC. Thank god for esmokes! Carton of waves $17. Can't beat that.

I was a heroin addict for 2 years, general opiates for 4. And now i'm in maintenance, and probably won't get out of it do to lack of a reason, and too much risk.

Yes, i'm sharing waaay too much, and nearly certain the only one on this board who can make a claim like that. But i'm bored, and feel like riling things up a bit, curious as to what the reaction might be I guess. Since i'm alone in my addiction, it feels good to spill the beans once in a while.

I think it's so much better to live your life to the fullest, even if it means taking risk. Heroin is a bit too much of a risk, I can't say I endorse it, i'm just speaking generally. Fear of death is a throwback animal instinct. I'm a hedonist all the way. Happiness is everything. Happiness is FAR more important than lifespan. But that's just me.
Heroin WOULD be included in a hedonistic philosophy if the highs stay great...which they don't.

(NOTE: I am NOT trying to glorify drug addiction)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
nephalim said:

I think it's so much better to live your life to the fullest, even if it means taking risk.

How do drugs and cigs make you live life to its fullest? I mean I fully understand thrill risks; If somebody gave me the opportunity to go skydiving, I would do it. Hell, I was still in the army serving on active duty on september 11th, my thoughts about going to war were mixed between both fear and excitement, yet I still wanted to see combat, fully understanding all of the risks. But see these are both things where you take risks to improve the quality of your life in some way.

Here are the potential outcomes of drugs:
A. You grow old as a lowlife.
B. You die early.

Either outcome you are fucked. I don't see how that can be living life to its fullest.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Dude, we were talking about hedonism and heroin there. You forgot:
Euphoric bliss.

Maybe "living life to it's fullest" wasn't the proper wording for that one little part...but it's a mixture between hedonism and freedom...my philosophy, at least...

However, heroin doesn't work (for hedonism, or euphoric bliss,) and I already pointed out why.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Well, I wouldn't call an addiction freedom, and when you aren't actualy on the drugs, you'll experience a bit of negative hedonism.

I prefer alpha's version of living life for the risks..

Theres a difference between a natural joy, and an addiction. Addictions cannot be fun by their nature, they force you to do something you wouldn't under normal circumstances.

It reminds me of a quote i made of about a year ago..

Mortality is not an excuse to be stupid, its a reason not to be.

If you only get one shot, is wasting it really the way to be happy? You've gotta be more long sighted with life.. On the one hand its not going to last forever, on the other, you still have to live with the consequences of your actions.

I judge the sucess of my life on how happy I am given the circumstances I'm in. Not the physical state I'm in at any one moment.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
It depends on how someone wants to live their life, to you smoking and taking drugs may not seem like fun. To others it is, it's all a matter of opinion and nobody can really be right on this