What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Single Art Asset Upgrade Request

Syphe D. Mar

Seeing as there isn't a place to request high-resolution assets for PC games (FreeSpace 2), I'll just post it here and hopefully it'll do some good or be moved to someplace that can do it some good. I want to use the following image and turn it into a 600x600 one. If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated:

Squad70.PNG

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Hi Syphe D. Mar, hmm well you are right this really isn't the place for this as it is for N64 Texture but never the less... you was very polite and respectful so for that reason :)

This what you had in mind? i used Adobe Fireworks CS5 and some Adobe Photoshop CS5 Filtering.

PS that is really a very small size to be wanting to upscale so far, maybe some others can help you a little better.

Attachments

• Squad70_600x6004.png
    Squad70_600x6004.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 60

smcd

I played with hqx scaling and bicubic reduction in the top image, and the bottom, i did similar but also screened 2 layers together that had been rescaled differently. (borrowed gent's for part of the screened image)

Attachments

• scaled8.png
    scaled8.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Squad70.PNG
    Squad70.PNG
    409.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: