What's new

shots of vid plug issues

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hotshitu said:
wow 40 FPS with ref rasterizer.... :look:

not quite sure what you're getting at hotshitu.. people don't have to use Reference Rasterizer for pics they post in this thread, i just want them to be sure that what they're posting _is_ a plugin fault.

Remote

It plays pretty well with the CPU and RSP cores set to interpreter, CF set to 6 and larger compiler buffer enabled. For a while it showed me correct menus, but then I reseted it to see if the intro was ok and it went back to black. It appears to be a problem with the video buffer writing to the screen. If you click on options and configure graphic plugin and then move the dialog box around rapidly you will see the entire game.

Last edited:

Remote

This game should work flawlessy, even intro, as long as the expansion pack in enabled a long with force normal blending.

Look familiar... press start...

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh... i agree with F-3582 as a solution, and not with Remote.. you dont need interpreters and using Exp Pak and Normal Blending doesnt help me in the game, only the intro.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yes but.. what matters is finding the easiest way to play the game... what would say is the easiest settings+actions to recommend?

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I think that I should mention a few things:

In some stages the screen turns black again (e.g. at the 2nd boss of GreenGarden or in the entire Snow-Land).

Maybe Remote's suggestion is a solution of some of those problems...???

Remote

The easiest solution would be to press start, since the intro really is not that important, but as F-3582 said force normal blending is required at some points in the game, i.e the Snow Land. I am not sure what exact settings that gives the best solution, however force normal blending removes the blackness. For menu items, where the background does not appear, larger compiler buffer and / or CPU core set to interpreter and / or expansion pak set to enabled could be the solution.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
OK, I've tested "Force Normal Blending":

- You still have to press START at the same time as before
- the Snow-World-blackscreen is fixed (also in the game - THXXXXXXXXX Remote :colgate: )
- the Green-Garden-Problem is not fixed :pissed:

hotshitu

Banned
Smiff said:

not quite sure what you're getting at hotshitu.. people don't have to use Reference Rasterizer for pics they post in this thread, i just want them to be sure that what they're posting _is_ a plugin fault.

just referring to the pic with the messed up menus in RR64. Had he cared to compare with the reference rasterizer, as recommended by _you_, he might've actually spotted the difference. Sarcasm as usual.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hotshitu said:

just referring to the pic with the messed up menus in RR64. Had he cared to compare with the reference rasterizer, as recommended by _you_, he might've actually spotted the difference. Sarcasm as usual.

ah yes sorry... im being a hypocrit again

Remote

This one speaks for itself but just incase I marked out the errors that I could find...I hope I did not miss anything...