What's new

Serious Chankast discussion (Chankast Authors welcome to join!)

ultima528

Ennok said:
I just have info on what the dummy file is for, I didn't see an answer to this so if i'm repeating someone then jsut tell me to shutup :canadian:
Take a look at this, so shutup! (jp :p)

BlackNinja said:
cmon guys stay calm ,make 1 emulator is very dificult wait next release :D
Wait, what do you mean? This thread is just a suggestion thread, no one's not calm, and no one's demanding any specific feature. So everything's cool so far :bouncy:

lucindrea

dreamcast was made to be put on a tv screen long before hi-def or wide screens wer widely avilable and a standard tv with somthing like 640X480 is about the same wquality you would get watching normal networked tv ( ya their are ntsc/pal standards , intetrlacing , 4:3 16:9 etc , but i'm not getitng into all that here ) and any video card with tv out is going to downsample or upsample the image as needed so those of us with cabinets will be fine ( acctully anyone useing a "real" arcade monitor has all sorts of interfaces ) ... i would be happy if the thing will run the 4 standards ( 640X480 , 800X600 , 1024X768 and 1280X1024 ) and thats only if it runs it's own screen , windowed it can just be resized .

plugins are nice , but i think they should be placed on the bottom of any list as i would much rather see the emulation working then some neat plugin that may or maynot help.

needs fullscreen.

needs a command line option ( i.e. --loadgdrom )

should have multiple config's ... ( see command line option ) so you can switch from a capcom hack to a zbuffer game with ease.

loading a cdi or iso directly would help TONS but thats more allong the lines of a plugin

would be nice to use non bootable games , but because all orgial gd-roms are bootable i think this may get into some leagal issues...

disable sound and frame droping should also be options , but the fram droping is a bit of codeing work and as stated before , i would rather have the core emulator bug free then have extra features....

dreamer

As for the compatibility... I beg your pardon, but... ARE YOU COMPLETELY NUTS? This great emulator is by far one of the most compatible and stable that ever existed. AND it is only in ALPHA stage.
hmm sorry, i just want one game to work properly and it has annoying crashes. othwise i agree

plugins are nice , but i think they should be placed on the bottom of any list as i would much rather see the emulation working then some neat plugin that may or maynot help.

^ basically what i was trying to say, might add that it's skies of arcadia if you must know.

Last edited:

Xstriker

3d master-
i dont want to tell anything against this emulator, its a great one, but the most important thing in the next version will be the compatibility with windows 2000, im speaking for all de win 2000 users who want to play the chankast, dont want to rush the authors, just a suggestion

Orix

2GHz and Rising!
I'll just be happy with what I have, and only hope for the Win2000 compatibility and a pure fullscreen mode to come along soon.
(Some of us don't want to downgrade to WinXP just to tinker with the emulator. :D)

razor85

Banned
personally i think what will be cool:

mainly::
-frameskip
-frame limit ( just like Guru64 said )
-sound control(enable it or disable)
-more video options(fullscreen)
-include a debugger built in for we find errors and report then, this should be VERY important, since coders can find bugs and sent then to the authors, would be nice, a script like systemm, like a file, so the emu takes a looks on the script and jumps some part of adress from it to prevent crashes :D

optional::
-would be cool get some renders like opengl and direct3d as options
-linux version \o/ *JK i know this isnt for now :D
-A cvs like system for coding =P

T-Kimura

in chanka i'd like to see netplay, full screen, some sound options, and resolution changing.. other than that, the options are fine the way they are.. i hope it doesn't get too complicated as time goes on.. like epsxe, its kind of a bitch to config all that junk

The Dude

Since this is a serious discussion about Chankast, I was wondering what the authors think of the front-end and the utilities. I know that Chankast will be going open source but are you guys (the authors, not the rest of you) annoyed with these people are doing?

SeiferAlmasy

mashakos, just mount image (or open CD) copy all archives, use one method selfboot instead, and delete dummy file

then rebuild ISO file normally... it works, my ISOS don't have a dummy :)

ArcaneLore

Configuring ePSXe is EASY.

You must be STUPID if you think it's difficult. Get Pete's OpenGL 2 plugin. Get his sound plugin, also. The default other plugins are fine.

Set graphic settings to "nice," set frame limit to 60.

Ta daaaaa, perfect graphics.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
ArcaneLore said:

You must be STUPID if you think it's difficult. Get Pete's OpenGL 2 plugin. Get his sound plugin, also. The default other plugins are fine.

you're right, it's easy to configure epsxe... but you can't say that this guy is stupid ! maybe he don't have a pc with high specs... you should think before talk...

Guru64

ArcaneLore said:

Yeah, but have you ever tried the same with a N64 emulator?

geese howard

Nightmare said:
i understand your point, but plugins can also liberate cpu resources and enable you to profit of your video card possibilities... (who said i need speed !!!)

If plugins can do it, the emulator performance will increase....and you can configure as you like!

I agree with plugins implementation!!!

Clements

Has anyone even considered that having plugins increases the compatibility of the emulator considerably? Imagine using PJ64 with just Jabo's plugins built into the emulator. Sure most games work perfectly, but what about those problematic games? Since 1964 0.9.9 was released you don't need to switch plugins - you can just set them up beforehand.

Not that I'm suggesting anything. I think feature requesting is a bit pointless at this stage since it's very obvious what needs to be done, yet people insist on making the same suggestions over and over.

Nemesys82

I recommended the part of plaugin....don't forget whitch we have some plugin's authors that are marvellous. Pete and other teach us how many differences in performance generate make the enable of this camp in emulation.
For me...chankast in future:
- Fullscreen (whitch is implemented yet i see)
- Enable/disable sound
- Integrate "mount image" options
- Enable support for plugin (with this generation of video card, CPU will liberate of tons of works and this generate CPU use for other part of codes and an incredible speed up)
- Fix MMU problem

for command line...i'm not sure this is positive for now...there are so many priority first of this

S0LAR

from chevi's link:

Talfi said:
2) La proxima versión alpha 0.3 estará esta semana que viene seguramente.
isn't that great :D

Locke said:
Garantizo que Chankast correra en 600-700 Mhz. Estuvieron dando razones y motivos y fueron muy convincentes, se nota que saben lo que hacen a la perfeccion.
whoa!

Last edited: