What's new

Season's Greetings!

Eagle

aka Alshain
Martin said:
Happy holidays everyone! (except 2fast4u ;))

Ah see, if you dont want to say CHRISTmas you could just say happy holidays and I'd have been fine with it ;)

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
jeez! All the people i know are commercial athiests! I've never seen a forum with more than one other christian person! BTW, we're allowed to talk about religion in these forums, right? I just don't want someone like 2fast4you saying another cutdown about what I have to say, and I want a head's up. Well, you guys know that Santa was real, but he was just a kind person in the 1300s. And there's NO reason for him to have his own holiday. He's just mooching off of Jesus's B-day, and that ain't right. Also, what does Christ's death and ressurection have to o with a BUNNY?!?!? Who the heck invented Peter Cottontail? I'm just getting sick of believes getting turned into OUTRAGEOUS prices at stores and boring and monotonous commercials and specials on tv.

P.S. Merry CHRISTmas to everyone, INCLUDING 2fast4you.

linemu

jessman1988 said:
jeez! All the people i know are commercial athiests! I've never seen a forum with more than one other christian person! BTW, we're allowed to talk about religion in these forums, right? I just don't want someone like 2fast4you saying another cutdown about what I have to say, and I want a head's up. Well, you guys know that Santa was real, but he was just a kind person in the 1300s. And there's NO reason for him to have his own holiday. He's just mooching off of Jesus's B-day, and that ain't right. Also, what does Christ's death and ressurection have to o with a BUNNY?!?!? Who the heck invented Peter Cottontail? I'm just getting sick of believes getting turned into OUTRAGEOUS prices at stores and boring and monotonous commercials and specials on tv.

P.S. Merry CHRISTmas to everyone, INCLUDING 2fast4you.

When I was 5 me and my older brothers loved telling friends that santa DIED hundreds of years ago. Our parents never brain-washed us with tales of a fictitous fat guy in a red suit. ;)
No offense to santa clause lovers everywhere.

Eagle

aka Alshain
linemu said:
When I was 5 me and my older brothers loved telling friends that santa DIED hundreds of years ago. Our parents never brain-washed us with tales of a fictitous fat guy in a red suit. ;)
No offense to santa clause lovers everywhere.

Macca

Eagle said:
I really dont like the abbreviation X-mas. It takes the most important part of it out. CHRISTmas is a celebration of the birth of CHRIST, and its a CHRISTian holiday so why abbreviate it with "X".

Actually, the x reperesents the greek letter chi which was & is a common form of the abreviation of Kristos or Christ. so it's not taking the Christ out of Christmas.

Happy Holidays, coming from a jew who celebrates the material and commercial aspects of Xmas. ;)