What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Ripping/editing SM64 game textures?

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
I've installed Rice's beta10 plugin for Project 64 1.6, and would like to edit a bunch of graphics already found in the game (not completely replace them). But how would I extract all the textures from the rom? I thought Texture Picker would do it, but it only allows you to sort your collections.

Is there a pack on EmuTalk with all the original textures? Also, do the filenames for each texture come from rips too?

Thanks for the cooperation!

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well... look around here for info sometime (such an amazing concept)
but just select "Dump textures on load" in the graphics settings->texture settings.
They will be located in Plugin->Texture_Dump->(Game you ripped textures from).

Fenwick

This almost always works for me, but sometimes it doesn't dump textures for me. Certain games will work, but others won't. Example: Mario 64 won't work, but Bust-a-move does. Does anyone know why this is?

Datadayne

You really must be doing something wrong. If you cant get the textures to dump, then how will you get them to load?

Anyways, I added most of the textures of the first stage.

RikuDawn

Riku
those textures wont work in my game....but textures work fine for ocarina of time and crap like that.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
dude, what images are you editing, you really need to look around there's enough info out there to tell you what to do.
Only edit the last 3 folders, and make sure you edited the correct textures to have them load.

in datadayne's uploads just edit them and stick them in "Plugin/Hires_Textures"

RikuDawn

Riku
i was working on making an icon for luigi but i don't know how to make the background invisible....also if you can find a better icon for luigi can you give it to me. (with an invisible background)

DDRPIP

The One and Only
umm, just make it transparent... and you're just testing with risio's textures right?

use the background eraser in photoshop, if you use photoshop

Datadayne

wow, why dont you download gimp? Its free and is pretty good. Most of my textures are done in cs2 but some of them are done in gimp.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
yeah...paint is not good for a retexture-er...is that a word....??
anyway i recommend gimp, i don't use it because i have CS2, but it'll help..
Look up tutorials and experiment with it, you don't have to ask how to use it here, just play with it and you'll come to understand how to use it.

RikuDawn

Riku
ugghhhhh.....i am a complete computer noob. i can't even figure out how to install gimp. can't you people just edit it for me. cause anything anybody trys to explain to me about computers ill just get confused.....

DDRPIP

The One and Only
no, we won't do it for you, you can't figure it out, search for a first. not just here but this thing called "Google"?? what's that?
If you are so frustrated then just don't do anything and don't try, we won't do your work for you.