What's new

Rice's Unofficial Daedalus Plugin 4 For DirectX And OpenGL

stormyandcol

Helium Wish are coming...
goldeneye is missing the crosshair in both opengl and directx modes, gun is also missing from opengl mode but game is working.

perfect dark works but theres no visuals unfortunately.

Turok 1 works but theres no fog and no crosshair either.

Turok 2 and 3 work , no cross hair problems, althought 3 exhibited a short looping error when changing resolutions.

Turok Rage Wars has menu problems but no problems in-game.

rice's new plugin once again shows how much more accurate it is, watch the acclaim intro to Turok 1 and 2, they show effects not reproduced in any other plugin.

stormyandcol

forgot to mention i'm testing with pj64 1.5 only.

banjo k seems to suffer some character jittering but it is working and looks nice. the cheese jig saw puzzle intermissions shows only the outline of the jig saw but apart from that, thats it (in the 5 mins i tested anyway).

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
When you report a problem, please report which render engine you are using, DirectX or OpenGL, and report what video card you have, and what is your video card driver version.

As I mentioned, the DirectX8 part of this project is pretty much like the previous version, and OpenGL part of this plugin is behind the DirectX part. And your result could be totally depended on your video card and the driver.

Here is some information if you want to try the OGL part.

Video Card:
Geforce2/3/4: Nvidia OGL extension register combiner
TNT2, Geforce: Nvidia OGL extension for TNT2
ATI Radeon: OGL 1.3 or OGL 1.2
All others: OGL 1.1

You can download a program call OpenGL extension viewer at:
http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ to check your video card driver and supported OGL extension version.

Go this link to do quick check your video card and supported OpenGL extension version. http://gljournal.org/extdb/index.php?display_action=2

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I am using directx and

My graphics card is in my sig down there.

driver version 30.82 (they work better than the newer ones for the most part, tons of my games are wrecked with the new drivers.)

oh yeah, i'm using the default settings in the plugin as well.

Last edited:

guve25

bleeding texture?

I use detonator 30.82 and direct x9 final

renderer Directx 8.0/8.1

one more thing though, the background is so messed up, before I switch to geforce 4 the background was fine on geforce 2 using daedalus 0.08 rel 2, but now(daedalus 4) the background still messed, and the wrestler got messed too

and before I change to geforce 4 runs wwf no mercy without flaw on 0.08 rel 2, but it got screwed so bad, I got to go back using jabo's and stop story mode because jabo's plugin can't display the conversational text... can u check it?

Rice rule!

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Rice said:
It could be your Matrox G450 problem. Your video card only supports OGL1.1 in hardware, and it reports itself to support OGL1.2 but implemented in software slowly. do you have DirectX 8.0/8.1 installed?

Well as i said in the post
DX 8.0 == DirectX 8.0 :)

sluper

a question

im a litle complicated cause i m a newbie...and im asking what are the sourcecodes? how can i use it? and all that ...so plz help me

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: a question

sluper said:
im a litle complicated cause i m a newbie...and im asking what are the sourcecodes? how can i use it? and all that ...so plz help me

you dont need the source code. download the first file and extract to your emulator's plugin folder. in your emulator choose this plugin as your video plugin. run the game and test it out :)

icepir8

Re: a question

sluper said:

The source codes are for ppl who want to make changes/imporvements or to learn from. If you need to ask about how to use them then you need to learn about programing some before you start. Its a big commitment to get into such things. most ppl are not interested in learning/modifying so its not needed to download the source code.

If you are interested there are several ppl who would be willing to help. But get some programming background first.

:pirate:

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
this Plugin, restart my computer :/ and not work to me

i use DirectX 9.0 Final

Windows XP Professional
Detonator 41.09
nVidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
CoDeX said:
this Plugin, restart my computer :/ and not work to me

i use DirectX 9.0 Final

Windows XP Professional
Detonator 41.09
nVidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It should be your video card driver problem. Can you get the earlier version of Unofficial Daedalus plugin working?

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
the plugin Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel. 3 work fine to me but
the plugin Rice's Unofficial Daedalus 4 reset my computer

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
CoDeX said:
the plugin Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel. 3 work fine to me but
the plugin Rice's Unofficial Daedalus 4 reset my computer

Try the OpenGL render engine, to see if it is also reseting your computer. If it is, then..., I don't know.

On my computer, I have Windows XP and Windows 98. The plugin will just crash my Windows 98 at the second run, but my Win XP is just fine. This is one of the problems drives me crazy, the problem is not in the source code, but with compiler and the operation system, and the video card drivers. And I know if I turn off all compiler optimization, everything will be fine, but speed will be much slower. The current speed is already quite slow if comparing to Jabo's DirectX plugin.

jacky400

Black screen using unofficial daedalus plugin 4

i am using unofficial daedalus plugin 4 under pj 1.5 using the direct8.0/8.1 mode,it appear the black screen but have the background game sound .I switch back to the unofficial daedalus plugin 2 ,it is ok ,game graphic and sound come out fine.I am using onboard intel 845g graphic chips ,will it the main problem?
becasue i have another computer running using geforce 2 MX440
,it is fine .

WINXP,Directx 8.1
P4 1.8A

stormyandcol

more "problem" games now playable.

i thought since mortal kombat now works at a playable fps that i'd test some other games that use 2d.

Clay Fighters sculptors cut works and is playable in pj64 1.5 using dx8. speed is excellent, although there are graphical glitches in the 2d characters, unofficial daedalus plugin 4 is the best plugin for this game.

unfortunately, i can't get clay fighters 3 1/3 to work.

all star tennis 99 is also working correctly (screen size).

cruisin usa is now much more playable, although still stutters a fair bit, unofficial daedalus plugin 4 is the best plugin for this game also.

now for some games that are nearly playable, have their own errors or have serious graphical corruption.

both zelda games exhibit massive graphics corruption, majoras mask is unplayable in dx mode. both work better in opengl mode but still have massive problems, with ocarina of time having the least problems out of the 2.

Resident Evil 2 , apart from the obvious graphical problems and no fmv, is also missing some sound channels, theres no voice at all apart from the zombie noises.

South park Rally is emulated better but the draw distance problem still exists making the game unplayable in the normal sense. also , before u try it, bind a key for the a button for control pads 2, 3 and 4. u can use the same key for all 3.

graphical problems exist in all 4 star wars games but all have sound working to an extent. battle for naboo and rogue squadron show no graphics at all. the remaining 2, racer and shadows of the empire show extreme graphical corruption.