What's new

Rice's Plugin Source <discussion>

mudlord

Banned
Then I've got it in the bag!

Erstwhile (much cursing at software ocures).

lol, true...well, it seems now I got some form of preliminary Vista support, thanks to klasa helping me with testing my brand new compiles with the new compiler sets. So, things for this are now are starting to improve on that front..Hopefully, I can get a Vista public beta out soon.

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Code:
RDP::ExtractedUcode: 12
RDP::New ucode has been detected:
RSP Gfx ucode F3DEX         1.23 Yoshitaka Yasumoto Nintendo., ucode=12RDP_SetUcodeMap - ucode: 12

Hmm... I saw this on the dump... if anything... it's a direct confirmation that the ucode is unsupported. The function called is: DLParser_CheckUcode.

I don't know how significant this progress is, but to me, it's kind of exciting though it's really just scratching the surface.

Code:
RDP::ExtractedUcode: 19
, ucode=19RDP_SetUcodeMap - ucode: 19
RDP::SetUcode:bUseModifiedUcodeMap is set.
RDP::Forcing to set Ucode as 19.

I'll have to check what used ucode table does...

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Hmm... I saw this on the dump... if anything... it's a direct confirmation that the ucode is unsupported. The function called is: DLParser_CheckUcode.

I don't know how significant this progress is, but to me, it's kind of exciting though it's really just scratching the surface.

Yep, seems your at the surface of the RDP/RSP parsing. Its great your getting progress with what your doing, it really is :).

I have uploaded a test VC6 build, to the end of the stickied topic.

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Thanks, mudlord. I'm also wondering that you mentioned earlier that you were going to port it to Linux. Is that also posted on your stickied topic?

mudlord

Banned
Thats the thing.

My progress on updating the Linux port is going quite slow, mainly due to the fact I don't have a decent Linux distribution installed to test as I go. I was hoping a live Linux CD/DVD might be of use, then I won't have to repartition/format my HD. When its finished, of course it will be stickied too.

mudlord

Banned
Hmmmm, I suppose I can give that a shot :)

EDIT: Okay, I got my hands on a distribution of Kubuntu...the fun now begins in my 1st attempts at dual-booting a Linux/Windows system..

Last edited:

The Siskoo

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : Mudlord's Rice Video Build (Developpement) - VC6

Eikou No Saint Andrews (J) [!] --> seems playable, there are just some GFX problem (Pic 3 and Pic 4).
World Driver Championship (E) (U) [!] --> For the first time, with this new plugin, World Driver displays summit ^^ (Pic 1 and Pic 2).

Nice job

Last edited:

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Code:
RDP::ExtractedUcode: 12
RSP Gfx ucode F3DEX         1.23 Yoshitaka Yasumoto Nintendo., ucode=12RDP_SetUcodeMap - ucode: 12

Code:
RDP::ExtractedUcode: 19
, ucode=19RDP_SetUcodeMap - ucode: 19
RDP::SetUcode:bUseModifiedUcodeMap is set.
RDP::Forcing to set Ucode as 19.

I'll have to check what used ucode table does...

I haven't confirmed this but I'm having doubts with this being a breakthrough. I think UsedUcodes is just a stack of ucodes used during the game session.

Means, this one only saves the ucode data extracted and does nothing else. I'm going to test it on Super Mario 64 to see if I get similar results.

The Siskoo

Plugins : Rice video build Stabe VC6

Top Gear Hyper-Bike (E) (J) (U) [!] --> now works, some GFX bugs in game and with intro.

mudlord

Banned
I haven't confirmed this but I'm having doubts with this being a breakthrough. I think UsedUcodes is just a stack of ucodes used during the game session.

Means, this one only saves the ucode data extracted and does nothing else. I'm going to test it on Super Mario 64 to see if I get similar results.

That would make sense, but Rice knows the source more than us :). Maybe he can help us get in the right direction in regards to understanding ucode handling. I got all the others things tho well understood.

Plugins : Rice video build Stabe VC6

Top Gear Hyper-Bike (E) (J) (U) [!] --> now works, some GFX bugs in game and with intro.

Thanks for this testing ^^ One of my hopes is to build up a nice comprehensive compatibility list. This will surely help.

The Siskoo

Plugins : Mudlord's Rice Video Build (Stable) - VC6

Bio Hazard 2 (J) [!] --> On the menu screen, it seems there is a problem of refresh or a plane problem (pic 1, 2). In game, GFX messed (pic 3)
Eikou No Saint Andrews (J) [!] --> background is black if you don't push a button (pic 4).
GoldenEye 007 (J) [!] --> don't boot (black screen)
Nightmare Creatures (U) [!] --> don't boot (black screen).
Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery (J) [!] --> Vi's goes to 0 on the main screen.
South Park - Chef's Luv Shack (U) [!] --> GFX messed (pic 5)
Star Wars Episode I - Battle for Naboo (E) (U) [!] --> texts are messed (pic 6) and crash after the screen.
Stunt Racer 64 (U) [!] --> crash on this error message "8009D2FC - Execption in emulation thread"

majinvegeta2

Maybe you can fix that too?
First pic is "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (U) (Debug Version)" with Jabo's Plugin.
And the second one is the same but with the Rice-Plugin.

The Siskoo

California Speed (U) [!] --> texts are not displayed properly (pic 1)
Command Conquer (E) (G) (U) [!] --> Some GFX problems (pic 2, 3)

mudlord

Banned
The RE2/Biohazard 2 bugs are well known, they are due to depth buffer emulation probs and other things. The trick is how to draw things directly in the depth buffer. Ziggy worked out how to do this for RE2 in the wrapper under OGL (so Glide64 can do this with HWFBE), and it will be hard doing it in DX8/9, but then there has to be a way to do it nice and fast.....

I guess posting a list of games in my docs that use unimplemented graphics ucodes will help lower the list to be checked, since all of them are unplayable due to this.

Keep the reports coming! I really appreciate your help!

Last edited:

The Siskoo

The RE2/Biohazard 2 bugs are well known, they are due to depth buffer emulation probs and other things. The trick is how to draw things directly in the depth buffer. Ziggy worked out how to do this for RE2 in the wrapper under OGL (so Glide64 can do this with HWFBE), and it will be hard doing it in DX8/9, but then there has to be a way to do it nice and fast.....
Thanks for this explanation... If I understand, the problem is about plugins and not the emulator ?
I guess posting a list of games in my docs that use unimplemented graphics ucodes will help lower the list to be checked, since all of them are unplayable due to this.
Yup, it will be good :)
Keep the reports coming! I really appreciate your help!
My pleasure ^^

All Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!] --> small texts problem (pic 1)

Here is my settings to get DrMario Works. Add this, in the rice ini.
{134d9d76fe3f23da-45}
Name=DR.MARIO 64
FastTextureCRC=2
FrameBufferEmulation=7
RenderToTexture=3
ScreenUpdateSetting=1

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Thanks for this explanation... If I understand, the problem is about plugins and not the emulator ?

Correct, the graphics problems are all to do with the video plugins, while the sound problem is with the core and RSP timing.

Here is my settings to get DrMario Works. Add this, in the rice ini.

Thanks, I'll let Icono know, since he's the one thats doing the INI updates.

The Siskoo

Correct, the graphics problems are all to do with the video plugins, while the sound problem is with the core and RSP timing.
Okay, Core depends of the emulator so the sound depends of the emulator, right ?
By the way, I post a new non official ini for 1964 ^^