What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.3.1 out!

Martin

Administrator
UPDATE: Rice updated the plugin to 5.3.1 and released the source code while he was at it, you can find the downloads at the bottom of this news post.

<font class=post_quote>Changes in 5.3.1 over 5.3.0:

- Reported GUI problem fix
- Improved OGL 1.2/1.3 combiner. (Still not good enough yet)
- Bettle Adv. Racing texture fix
- All-Star Baseball games field texture problem fix
- All-Star Baseball menu text
- More manual combiner setting for Zelda and Pokemon 2
- Source code is cleaned for release</font>

Rice has released version 5.3.0 of his excellent graphics plugin for zilmar specs N64 emulators, let's go right to the change notes:

<font class=post_quote>Changes over 5.2.0:

- Improved 2-stage combiner with manually configurated combiner settings. It is working not bad on my GF2 MX400 with the latest driver. You don't have to downgrade your driver in order to use TNT combiner for you TNT, GF2 MX cards any more. This combiner should also work fine on other older video cards.
- The manually configurated combiner settings also helps 3-stage, 4-stage and high-end combiners. (If you still have combiner problems, try the 2-stage combiner)

Fixes:
- Conker, almost
- Dr. Mario
- Super Bowling: the splitted screen problem
- Zelda: Japanese character problem
- N64 frame buffer setting: with emulator

Getting better:
- Mario Tennis player shadow for non-TNT combiners
- Many games are getting much less combiner problems:
Zeldas, Goldeneye, PD, Mario Tennis, Conker, Kirby, JFG
Tooie, Paper Mario, RR64, Castlevania 1/2, DOUBUTSUNOMORI
DKR, F-Zero, ROCKETROBOTONWHEELS, POKEMONs,
MULTI RACING, KING HILL 64, Grand Prix, HSV ADVENTURE RACING
G.A.S.P, GAUNTLET LEGENDS

(I don't see any unsupported combiner modes with 2-stage combiner anymore.
In any other word, the 2-stage combiner should work fine for most games.)

Known problems:
- OGL 1.2/1.3 combiner, texture 1 did not work. Not fixed yet. Please use OGL 1.4 combiner if you can.

Rice</font>

Great job, Rice! It's been awaited with open arms. :flowers:

<b><a href="http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12841">Click here to download Rice's Daedalus 5.3.1</a></b>
<b><a href="http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12848">Click here to download Rice's Daedalus 5.3.1 (Source Code)</a></b>

blight

:w00t: very nice, rice :p
For linux this is the fastest plugin (version 5.2.0 which hacktarux ported :))

so where's the source? :gunman:
:blink: :)

ime2004

Weird....

Dr. Mario still not working...

graphic all mess up....

or ..is there any special way to make it work ?

amano

*sigh*

it IS working. just give it a real try.

Use DirectX mode with the combiner appropriate to your graphics card (try 2 stage limited combiner).
You will need "Software T&L" to be turned on.
You have to choose "With emulator" framebuffer.

That should do.

ime2004

amano said:
*sigh*

it IS working. just give it a real try.

Use DirectX mode with the combiner appropriate to your graphics card (try 2 stage limited combiner).
You will need "Software T&L" to be turned on.
You have to choose "With emulator" framebuffer.

That should do.

I tried.....but graphics still messed up :(

Is it becuz i m using ATI 9800pro ??

these are my settings:

n64.jpg

n643.jpg

n642.jpg

Emu_Lover

I think there was something posted about 1964 not working properly with Radeon graphics cards. :( That might be why you're having troubles.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Rices plugins have limited ATI support due to the fact he develops on GeForce cards, there are a couple threads about this in the 1964 forums.

ime2004

Hexidecimal said:
Rices plugins have limited ATI support due to the fact he develops on GeForce cards, there are a couple threads about this in the 1964 forums.

oh...no wonder

I'll change back to my FX5900 then :)

amano

maybe you could donate your ati card to rice then. ;)

I have a GF2MX and Dr. Mario is next to flawless. maybe disabling SSE (I have an atthlon, therefore I can't activate that) or disabling "normal combiner" could help. the other settings look ok.

DrewDown

Is it just me, or is it that ATI cards are the worst for emulators, or is it that developers dont use ATIs when creating plugins, emulators and such?

DrewDown

P.S. OpenGL still crashes my PC when I try to use the new Rice's plugin!! And DirectX doesn't work properly either. The 2D looks great, but the 3D looks all messed up. Maybe its time to switch to a Geforce?!

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Radeon cards worked well with a previous version of this plugin (though probably not as consistently well as with geforces).

Forcing SW T&L in D3D is essential for Radeons. At the moment though the plugin is not the best supportive of the card, mostly due to the fact that Rice has not yet got a Radeon. I believe steps are in motion to rectify that (don't take that as fact though).

ATI cards work great with Jabos D3D 1.5.1 (mostly) and with Orkins glN64. So you have 2 mighty fine graphics plugins for usage with your Radeon right there.

onetwothree

ime2004 said:
nice! :) it worked.......but but but there is no back ground :(
Well, 'least it's working. Man I swear this plugin hates my card (Ti4200 AGP8X). I've been trying to emulate this game forever.
On the plus side, I do see pills dropping for the first time, they just leave trace marks so it's not playable.