What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Can't wait to try this, in the readme it says that paper mario flickering is fixed, woohoo.

Cool! Quadruple buffering!!! I think this will be the plugin where the whole emulation-world have been waiting for so long!!

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
Rice did you find the N64 programming manual you were searching for?
Did it helped you?

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
I know alot of people who hate rice, but I like Rice

Hmpf?...how could anyone hate Rice? :plain:
Pretty cool to see some progress in N64-emulation, hurrey!!! :)

Keep it up :happy:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
O_O oooops :blush:
Forget that rice-stuff.....me little stupid f**k :blush:
Love Rice/rice anyway :p:happy:

uepp

ehm

what's the right emu and config 2 enjoy rice latest plugin? with pj1.5 and radeon it's absolutely inferior 2 jabo one....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Way to go, Rice! :happy: :flowers:
You've done it as always!

...Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but tripple buffering ensures smooth graphic, right? So...does it really matter if you use triple or quadraple buffering?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:
Way to go, Rice! :happy: :flowers:
You've done it as always!

...Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but tripple buffering ensures smooth graphic, right? So...does it really matter if you use triple or quadraple buffering?

Double buffer is enough to ensure smooth graphic. In a few cases, triple buffering is needed. Quadraple buffering is usually not necessary.

(OpenGL only supports double buffers since double buffer is enough for most applications)

^^ great work. I'm trying it. See you later.

Setting double, triple or quadrupple buffering... it will traduce on performance?

Thanks Rice!! I love you!! (oh I did ti again...)

uepp

a working config?

i'm running 1964 0.85 with rice latest RiceDaedalus5.0.0.dll, but with my radeon 8500, in diretx mode, graphics is completely wrong. In OpenGl mode is better, anyway not comparable with jabo latest plugin: any tip to make his emu & rice plugin working better? i mean, even mario64 isn't perfect with this combo, where i get perfect emulation with pj 1.5...:plain:

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
hmm...I checked the thread....used the program...but rice's plugin still won't work. Any other Radeon fixes?

I really want to try out Rice! :satisfied

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
opps...I forgot to press the RUN button in the program....I was just starting the emulator by double clicking :satisfied

so..nevermind my last post :D

(btw....GREAT JOB RICE!!!)

fearpi

heh... smooth move. good job rice, on picking a cool, perfect-looking number for the version. but seriously, good to see someone as dedicated to emulation development as you are. keep it up.