What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0/5.0.1 feedback thread

karth95

Lord of the Cats
LazerTag said:
I had the same problem with OpenGL stuff being super slow. I didn't back up to an earlier driver though. I set my display to the generic VGA. Uninstalled Nvidia drivers via the ADD/REMOVE control panel. Then used a Nvidia driver remover from Guru 3D . After that I reinstalled the latest version of NV drivers again. Everything was smooth sailing from there.

Actually, for the ultimate in irony, I decided to break down and run it in project64...
I get 60fps, it's fast, everything renders perfectly, and I'm in honest, bone chilling awe. that's with OpenGL, not directx. Rice, I don't know why, but it works perfect for me in pj, but not in 1964.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
well....

rice/schibo have stated many time that to wait for new 1964 for ultimate speed/compat with the new rice plugin.

this is the most exciting time for us!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
yeah its looking good for this plugin and the 1964 emulator, which has always been one of my favourites :1964:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I agree completly. I love the plugin, Rice, I take back all my depressing comments. more compatible than tr64, faster than jabo's, lots of little annoying bugs fixed, I love it. You even got the shadow in pilotwings to dissapear. I like that a lot.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rice,
is it normal with no reflection mapping (i think that's it? the ruppes, for example, in zelda aren't shiny. Nor is the triforce, and so on) in games? At least zelda master quest?

Oh and, Quadraple buffer messes up the smoothness of the graphic pretty bad when I try to use it.

Oh and, on this little computer, it's a gf4 mx (i know, it sucks, but it isn't my computer). And I'm using the tnt/geforce combiner.

I'll post some shots later?

But hey, great plugin. The 2xsal filter rocks! :D

Cadex

It seems like lots of people with higher-end Nvidia cards are trying to use the TNT combiner instead of the higher end combiner, and having problems as a result. Maybe you should change the description from "Nvidia TNT/TNT2/Geforce or better" because that makes it sound like it is for Geforce 2,3,4, etc. Also it's at the bottom of the list which might make it seem like its higher than higher end combiner.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
High end combiner is buggy because I never have such a card to test with.

Cadex

Doomulation said:
Using high end video cards combiners doesn't solve the problem...

My comment wasn't intended to be a reply to your post, just a general statement. On my Geforce 3 Ti 200, the TNT combiner does not work at all, but the higher end combiner works pretty good. Other people in the bug report thread with higher end Geforce cards had problems with TNT combiner too. I thought Rice suggested there that they use the higher end combiner instead...

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Re: Bomberman 2

NeTo said:
I can't run games like killer instinct, yoshi's story, and bomberman the second attack. I only get a black screen (and Dlist gets to 0.0%) using DirectX.

The only exception can be bomberman 64 the second strike, that show the logos only and then turns black. (You need to enable also normal combiner to display bomberman graphics with the right colors)

Now everything is working fine in version 5.0.1

thanx Rice!!!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Rice said:
High end combiner is buggy because I never have such a card to test with.

So Rice, are you saying, at least for now, those of us with higher end cards may be better off with a different plugin? or Did you you mean it's just "buggy" in some games like any other plugin can be?

EDITED: to clarify the post further.

Last edited:

Crinx

A Geforce4 isn't what he means by high end, I don't think. I think he means Radeons 9700 Pro+ and the Geforce FX 5600 Ultra+ series.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Crinx said:
A Geforce4 isn't what he means by high end, I don't think. I think he means Radeons 9700 Pro+ and the Geforce FX 5600 Ultra+ series.

I swore I read here somewhere (sorry I can't find the post) that Rice develops his plugin using a GF2? If that is the case I would assume "high end" does start at the GF4 TI line of cards.

Anyway Rice, if you get time to answer the above question yourself that would be great. Either way I am still enjoying the plugin for some games. :) Good stuff.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
A little question here...
Does Rice's plugin need much higher requirements then Jabo's?
Because with Jabo's plugin I have...well...not perfect but decent speed (well...look at my specs ;) )...but with Rice's the speed is horrible...
And in the options...should I use "low end" or Nvidia?...cuz my card is both ;) ...oh well...doesn't make any difference in speed anyway :cry:

Clements

Even on my comp. Rice's plugin at the moment can be slow for certain games (but faster in 2D games) But the speed is being worked on for the next release, and coupled with the new 1964, it should be really fast :)

Clements

I was thinking games like Goldeneye rather than SM64! :happy: Jabo's outperforms Rice's in more complex games like this. Simpler games run the same on both plugins.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
rice is of need a better gfx card! we should buy it!

i have the five dollars!

now we need the 20 more persons!

shroomario