Rice Video 6.1.0c - HiRez Texture Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It works for me.

See the shot, the red cross was added to the original texture and the modified texture works.

Locutus

rv 6.1.0c messed up SWE1PR!

John Doe said:
@Locutus
Your lost of 6 hours was unnecessary - cause this is the readme.txt say bout your "prob":
7. Using BMGLibPNG to handle PNG files. The include BMGLibPNG.dll file must be placed under your emulator folder, not the plugin folder.

Okay yeah I overlooked that... but thinks for pointing out my stupidity... if you stick around I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for you to do it again! :happy:

Anyhow, I got a new problem now. It seems that rv 6.1.0c is causing another problem but this time with Star Wars: Episode 1 Pod Racer. (See screen shot.)

Anyone know what’s causing this!? And how to fix it!? It only started happening when I installed rv 6.1.0c…

BTW: GREAT PLUGIN, RICE! :) It helps out most of my games! Except CBFD but I use Jabo for that game.

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Conker? What's your problem with it? I got it to look even better than on Jabo's (reflection stuff, near plane clipping...)

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
CF2 said:
When I use Rice Video with conker, the camera won't stop spinning.
Do you have any older versions of that plugin in your folder? Delete them, because 1964 will use them instead, if you don't.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
If you turn off the frame buffer options, you can get rid off the spinning problem.

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
i have a small problem with the ogl renderer, in the opening of Ocarina of Time, the game get really _SLOW_ (~6fps), i tried 6.1.0x and 6.1.1beta2, it works great with DirectX, no drivers problems here, because the problems havent changed with 3 drivers i have tested (now using 76.10), maybe is just a bug, i dunno, can someone check it out?

dwk3

Conker's Bad Fur Day Transparency Problem

I noticed that the latest version of the plugin has a transparency problem with Conker that previous versions did not. It is noticeable in the first level. Has anybody had any luck finding a setting that fixes this?

CF2

Pretends to make sense
I noticed that the latest version of the plugin has a transparency problem with Conker that previous versions did not. It is noticeable in the first level. Has anybody had any luck finding a setting that fixes this?
I noticed that too. No luck with settings so far.

Reznor007

Rice said:
Not necessarily true. Double buffer can just do the same. As far as you don't draw to the front buffer, there won't be tearing.

There are situations that some games use triple buffers instead of double buffers. But in general, you don't need to do so. Btw, OPENGL only support double buffer. Another reason I removed triple buffer feature is that opengl does not support it and I want to keep the same buffer usages between DirectX and OpenGL.

Btw, vsync is an old term. It won't give you anything special for N64 emulation. And it has been removed in DirectX 9.

This is from ATI's dev site:
"Triple-buffering can minimize buffer dependencies
If the 3D hardware completes rendering to the back-buffer of your double-buffered surface before the front buffer is ready to be flipped to the back, you will incur a wait for the vertical-blanking period for the flip to occur, unless you have a triple-buffered scheme. In this scheme, the third buffer will still be available to be rendered to, and there will be no stall of the pipeline to wait for a rendering surface to be made available."

And OpenGL does support triple buffering. All of the id software games(which are OpenGL) have options for triple buffering.

And vsync has not been removed from DX9. In order to get WHQL video drivers must allow programs to set whether or not they want VSYNC on or not. Without vsync the card would draw the next frame once it is rendered even if the monitor is still drawing the previous frame, this causes tearing. If you have vsync on but no triple buffer support the game frame rate can literally drop in half while the hardware waits for the next screen refresh, however with triple buffer it can be drawing the next frame to que up to be displayed.

Locutus

Yeah, um, can I get help with pod racer? I posted the problem a bit back (back on page 11 of this thread) and haven't heard anything. I guess I should be more detailed in my explanation of the problem. B4 I installed rv 6.1.0c ST: E1: PR was running good. But now, after, the racing part is not centered in the window. It only does this with ST: E1: PR and I don't know how to fix it. I tried using other plugins but is seems that while rv 6.1.0c is in my plugin folder even that wont fix it. If I take rv 6.1.0c out of my plugin folder and restart it goes back to normal. Can you all help me out with this? Anyone else have this issue!?

TallgeeseIII

i can't get 1964 or project64 to dump the textures at all. i tried deleting ricevideo's registry keys and that didn't work, i've read that some other's here have had this problem and fixed it, can anyone explain what they did? maybe it will work for me.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
TallgeeseIII said:
i can't get 1964 or project64 to dump the textures at all. i tried deleting ricevideo's registry keys and that didn't work, i've read that some other's here have had this problem and fixed it, can anyone explain what they did? maybe it will work for me.

You may need to manually create the texture_dump folder, in your plugin folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.