What's new

Rice Video 6.0.0, happy new year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggab

Emutalk Member
:huh: Is it possible to know which openGL's extensions exactly are used (called) in the plugin? (for OGL 1.1 complaint, at least)

PS: :ph34r: i get an error's window with: g_Render is NULL, is there any way/tip to debug this extension warning (how this ext. is working in the plugin)?
(i'm using a new release of Mesa for voodoos, who is un-able to draw anithing in the screen, with previus versions is OK....)

i get these 2 warning's windows, and then the emulator closes itseft....

Harlock

Hello all and thanks Rice for this awesome release.
I know this issue has been discussed over and over and i also searched some forums. I have issues with Fighting Force. No the screen is not flipped upside down...the game hangs after the "CORE" sign...sigh.... :bye3:

pounch

g00beRz said:
Maybe it's just me but... Paper Mario is a little funky with the shadows. Mario and friends are supposed to be darker, but not black, in less lit areas. But instead they just are black. Is there a setting I can change, or is this a known issue?

It's an FrameBuffer's Problem !
To display correct texture you need to use "basic renderer to texture" or "write back & reload", depends to youre video card.

But be carefull, some times the games freeze !!!!!! :(

Use also "with emulator read only" for frame buffer config and also "At CI changing".

Good luck :D

et en francais: Bonne chance :D

pounch

ggab said:
:huh: Is it possible to know which openGL's extensions exactly are used (called) in the plugin? (for OGL 1.1 complaint, at least)

PS: :ph34r: i get an error's window with: g_Render is NULL, is there any way/tip to debug this extension warning (how this ext. is working in the plugin)?
(i'm using a new release of Mesa for voodoos, who is un-able to draw anithing in the screen, with previus versions is OK....)

i get these 2 warning's windows, and then the emulator closes itseft....

lol
one page before I have suggest a patch to circumvent this problem :D
but I don't know if i'm right or not but it's seems to work!!

et comme on dit en france: A plus les jeun's

talker

Well Rice, i love your plugin, it's great.
But still i got some texture problems with some games.
I've tested out Zelda, OoT (E), and look at the screenshot how it look.
The game is playanble, but it would be nice with a fix on them.

But on the other hand, i have a crapy onboard video card, tho.

Cheers

*edit, I saw over what i had wrote, and did some changes in my text*

Last edited:

g00beRz

Peej
pounch said:
It's an FrameBuffer's Problem !
To display correct texture you need to use "basic renderer to texture" or "write back & reload", depends to youre video card.

But be carefull, some times the games freeze !!!!!! :(

Use also "with emulator read only" for frame buffer config and also "At CI changing".

Good luck :D

et en francais: Bonne chance :D

"Basic render to texture" does not work with my card, completely freezes. "write back and reload" works..it fixes the flickering problem I did not mention...but the characters are still black. :p

pounch

g00beRz said:
"Basic render to texture" does not work with my card, completely freezes. "write back and reload" works..it fixes the flickering problem I did not mention...but the characters are still black. :p

Actually I try to fix this problem in the rice 5.6.0 sources ( but I haven't the last ). I hope find the problem.

Sorry to not have been able to help you more ( <-- I'm not sure for this sentence :p )

@peluche ( <-- jeu de mot pourrie en francais pour votre culture :D )

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Don't know if these were already mentioned, but I'm getting a couple of OpenGL errors in Conker's Bad Fur Day. I assume though the plugin still works as well on Project64 as to 1964?

Certain animations [All except standing for the Squirrel Sargent, Conker chopping up the N logo.] seem to drag / stretch and flash rapidly. Not so much Conker though, his only lasts a couple seconds.

Read through the topic, but couldn't find a way fix it. Unless I overlooked it.. :)

blue falcon

i have a problem with cbfd and f zero x
in cbfd there is always a black square in the top corner and some errors with the grass

in f zero x the textures on the cars are all messed up

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
This thread is closed. Please report all new problems to the 6.1.0b thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.