What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

ggab

Emutalk Member
what is your PC's specifications?? (video card?)

did u try with any options from the plugin?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Your videocard doesn't seem to be supported by the plugin. Do you have an intel chipset by any chance? You can also try to update your drivers.

Baldurien

(snif)

For my self (I don't except you were answering to me :x) I have :
Athlon 2600XP, Chipset NForce 2 (ABIT NF7-S), Radeon 9100 ...

ggab

Emutalk Member
Baldurien said:
(snif)

For my self (I don't except you were answering to me :x) I have :
Athlon 2600XP, Chipset NForce 2 (ABIT NF7-S), Radeon 9100 ...
can u upload the YOSHI STORY.eep file?

try to play that stage with another video plugin (like Glide64 or JAbo (Enable "Force Normal Blending" in Jabo1.5.1) ).

i'm sure it will help you.

Baldurien

ggab said:
can u upload the YOSHI STORY.eep file?

try to play that stage with another video plugin (like Glide64 or JAbo (Enable "Force Normal Blending" in Jabo1.5.1) ).

i'm sure it will help you.
Hoplà :

Notice that with default plugin this do the samre bug, but not in the same level.

The zip provided contain my save & the EEP file, with the save.

sirlanceem

Mystic Gohan said:
Your videocard doesn't seem to be supported by the plugin. Do you have an intel chipset by any chance? You can also try to update your drivers.
err i have an nvidia tnt2 and i updated the drivers like a month ago

willljjj

Banned
New problem!

Well, I found a new problem I hadn't seen before in 5.6.0. (fixed edition):

After you beat level 20 in Dr. Mario, the number 21 is messed up for some reason. Also in game, the background is just a scoch off with the pill jar.

Here's a pic of the # problem:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Wow...I was just reading this forum for the first time just now...and I am sad...Rice is going bye bye... :bye3: But I guess his efforts weren't in vain for it's still one of the top of the line plugins out to date...but, still sad... I had it in the back of my head for the past 2 years now that this man, Rice, would be the amazing human being to get gauntlet legends working, for his plugin does the most in this game, and got so close...but all I can say Rice is damn good plugin you got there, and if it has to die here, than so be it, for it is good enough, and anyone who thinks otherwise should be shot (just kidding). But someone out there, if you get a hold of this source, lets see gauntlet legends work once and for all, PLEASE. In my entire list of games, I have gotten at least 95% of games working, except gauntlet...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I have played gauntley through start to end with minor errors with both rice and glide64 (mostly rice though).
And so you know, it was Gonetz who cracked the backgrounds for this game :p
But rice isn't that bad for that ;) One of the best! And still is!

olivieryuyu

Doomulation said:
I have played gauntley through start to end with minor errors with both rice and glide64 (mostly rice though).
And so you know, it was Gonetz who cracked the backgrounds for this game :p
But rice isn't that bad for that ;) One of the best! And still is!

hmm you're confusing with ogrebattle 64, isn't it ?

because gauntlets legend is unplayable by far : no status bar (so really unplayable), flickering ...

xSpRiGGaNx

Omini Yuu
guiverunit said:
I have a problem with Mario Tennis.

Ocasionally durring a replay the tennis ball gets stuck on the screen and wont go away, even when it goes back to gameplay.

The only way to get it back is to turn rendering to texture on (which doesn't work on its own) for a couple of seconds then turn it off and every thing is fine (i.e. playable) again.

I'm using a prosavageDDR(I Know)
Most recent drivers
Rices video 5.6.0 ogl1.1
no frame buffer
all default options
Mario Tennis (J) [!]

thx in advance

pics:
1. the problem
2. rendering to texture
3. back to normal

check the Use Software vertex clipper box under the DirectX tab
(i had similar problem with bio freaks and that fixed it for me)

Yack3d

Hey rice, first I want to say great job with what you have done so far, and making the plugin open source. Last night I had the pleasure in going through it to fix something for my self. Let me explain,

I have a sharp 3d monitor, and your plugin worked pretty good from the get go except with the 2d interfaces, textrects I believe what they are called, and just polygons that are setup to be 2d plains parallel to the view port. As it turns out rhw’s greater than 0.1 are difficult to look at, their stereo separation by my video card drivers is too great to look at, and 1.0f is definitely way to big. So all of the 2d interface stuff was sticking out of the screen by about 1 to 2 feet and it was way to hard to look at when the majority of the visuals is a few inches into the screen. Needless to say it was impossible to look at the both at the same time, or quickly adjust your eyes from one to the other.

In your code, you manually specify sprites and text rects to be 1.0f in crender::drawspriter and crender::texrectfilp respectfully, so I manually change them to 0.001f pretty arbitrarily but it looks good on my screen. but of course that only takes care of the true 2d on screen elements. As for 2d elements rendered to screen via parallel planes ive tracked them all down to having the same rhw, 0.99975586f why that number is so magical I don’t know. To restrict those values that I went into your clipvertices, in renderbase.cpp and inside the main for loop in there I put..

If (v1.rhw == 0.99975586f && v2.rhw == v1.rhw && v3.rhw == v1.rhw)
{ v1.rhw = 0.001f; v2.rhw = 0.001f; v3.rhw = 0.001f; }

With those minor changes it seemed to fix it right up, and my viewing experience is quite good now. For those of you who do not have any 3d gear and have a nvidia card you can get their stereo drivers and actually set it up to work with the blue red , anaglyph, 3d glasses (you know the old drive in movie glasses), those drivers are right on their website free to public and its fun to toy around with since it works with most 3d applications even doom3! If anyone is interested I could post my modified version of rice’s plugin.

Well anyway now I’m interested in continuing on with your video plugin, now that I went through it at a very surface level im starting to get an understanding how you set it up rice, and quite honestly it’s a pretty nice setup. Of course I am completely new to the n64 emu dev scene and I don’t really know that much about it, and I don’t know the basics of the n64 hardware, maybe you could answer some questions and set me on the right track.

One again thanks for making the plugin open source.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Very interesting. I have never seen N64 games on a 3D monitor.

Of course you can ask your questions here in "1964" forum or in the "Programming" forum, I am sure many people will be able to give answers.

You have fun with the source.