What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
To add a new line, you will see sky in PD. Just like in GoldenEye, the sky is not drawn in the way as it should be, but better than nothing.

Find this section in the file: RDP_Parser.cpp, and add the line.

case 9: // Perfect Dark
memcpy( &LoadedUcodeMap, &ucodeMap0, sizeof(UcodeMap));
LoadedUcodeMap[4]=RSP_Vtx_PD;
LoadedUcodeMap[7]=RSP_Set_Vtx_CI_PD;
LoadedUcodeMap[0xb1]=RSP_Tri4_PD;
LoadedUcodeMap[0xb4]=DLParser_RDPHalf_1_0xb4_GoldenEye; // Add this line for PD Sky
status.bUseModifiedUcodeMap = true;
break;

ggab

Emutalk Member
we will be waiting a "new" compiled edition with Rice's post comments :)

Thanks Rice! your plugin & and the Gontez's one are the best of the best! ;)

xamenus

Just a suggestion, but when concerning the Windows Registry, could RiceVideo settings all be kept in one folder called "RiceVideo" with subfolders for each version, instead of making a new folder for each version? I just like a clean registry, (though I prefer it best if software doesn't use it.) ;) INIs or cfg files are better IMO. :)

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
There are reasons to use new registry for a new version. New registry entry is used only if there are new options introduced, same theory applys to the INI file name.

olivieryuyu

Rogue Squadron : ss with Ricevideo plugin 5.1 (jabo/jabo rsp for sound) (Expansion pack disabled otherwise emulators lock game) :

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

and a never seen screenshot i think : Indianan Jones (same configuration)

i have to use Photoshop 7 because with emulator it's too much dark ....

xamenus

Rice said:
There are reasons to use new registry for a new version. New registry entry is used only if there are new options introduced, same theory applys to the INI file name.
OK, I just thought it would be better if RiceVideo didn't use the registry at all, and instead stored everything in the ini. But if there are reasons to use the registry, I won't complain. :p

oDD

/me odd
Rice said:
To add a new line, you will see sky in PD. Just like in GoldenEye, the sky is not drawn in the way as it should be, but better than nothing.

Excellent thanks Rice.

BTW. 5.60 is working great on the xbox, but I still need to fix some issues with FBE... hopefully I'll get it fixed today, if not I hope you dont mind if i contact you.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
oDD, I don't mind. In fact, I have got an XBOX, I would like to try the new version out.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Sorry for my delay........ my girlfriend, my full time work and my courses are the reason........

Here ya, compiled again the Rice fix.......
Thanks again Rice.......

But i haven't tested yet, let me know in this thread about your experience in this fix......

xamenus

Nighty0 said:
Sorry for my delay........ my girlfriend, my full time work and my courses are the reason........

Here ya, compiled again the Rice fix.......
Thanks again Rice.......

But i haven't tested yet, let me know in this thread about your experience in this fix......
Hmm, this build causes problems for me in Banjo-Kazooie. The game will simply freeze at certain times, like when I press start. Rice's official 5.6.0 works great, though.

Kyo

Yeah..
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but what about this? The game is SSB. Am i missing some option to fix it?

1.JPG

Obviously i'm not talking about the giant red arrow.

Pedro

LoadedUcodeMap[0xb4]=DLParser_RDPHalf_1_0xb4_GoldenEye; // Add this line for PD Sky
break;

I have tried to find the above file on my system but I don't seem to have it! How do I find it? Sorry if this is a bit newbie! 8)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Pedro said:

break;

I have tried to find the above file on my system but I don't seem to have it! How do I find it? Sorry if this is a bit newbie! 8)
That's not in your precompiled package, that's only available in the source. Download Nighty0's precompiled binary!

Pedro

I have dl'd the newly compiled version but I still have no sky!? That's why I thought it was maybe some obscure config file or something! Thanks anyway 8)

olivieryuyu

Pedro said:
I have dl'd the newly compiled version but I still have no sky!? That's why I thought it was maybe some obscure config file or something! Thanks anyway 8)

use the compiled one 3 or 4 reply above ......

Baldurien

Hum

I have some problem with Yoshi's Story and Rice Plugin

As you can see on my game screenshot : a background is missing, so I have the impression that my favorite yoshi walk in Lava.

That should be a problem for me if only there was not real Lava :x so I can go further the level for the moment.

Is there anything to do with the plugin? (As I am a beginner... )