What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

Croustibat

SuperFish
Rice 5.6.0 and shadow of the empire ( E ) 1964 0.9.9

Sorry for my bad english

hi!

Shadow of the empire ( E ) doesn't work with rice 5.6.0 (flickering)

Internationnal track and field summer games ( E ) : big graphic bug

salut!!

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Thanks for your update and source code.........
Really, I'm very grateful for all your job......
A great evolution to n64 emulation scene.......
Tnx, Tnx, Tnx......... :)

(Someday i'll continue your project, i need only some more reading and practice... ;) :) )

tuw

another slight problem with the UI. When you un-check hide advanced options it only immediately unhides the ones on the Game options, directx and OpenGL tabs but not the others, you need to hit ok and reopen the settings to be able to use those pages.

tuw

and not sure about shadows of the empire on yoru system but on mine, the first level there isn't any flickering, just most of the textures are missing and it looks horrible, hard to see anything, etc.

this is for U 1.2

rcgamer

the old guy
tuw said:
and not sure about shadows of the empire on yoru system but on mine, the first level there isn't any flickering, just most of the textures are missing and it looks horrible, hard to see anything, etc.

this is for U 1.2

use as frame update at the first ci change and no framebuffer or render to texture. turn on fast texture and fast loading tiles. make sure you turn off
TMEM on both current game settings and texture filter settings.

this should help both of you who are having trouble.

oh yeah and turn off force software transform and lighting.

Last edited:

tuw

that worked, thanks but now some of the snow seems a little more pink than i remember, i could be wrong so don't worry, need to check the orig. but looks 110% better than before those changes should be in the rice video ini

minkster

Rice said:
hm, SSB is one of the most played games. Since I know where the problem is exactly (just made the change right before releasing), maybe I can help a little bit here for someone who knows programming and cares about the problem.

Looking for the CTextureManager::ExpandTexture() function in TextureCache.cpp, find these two lines.

if( mask == 0 || clamp )
//if( mask == 0 )

Delete the first line, and uncomment the second line.

if( mask == 0 )

Rice

i downloaded the source file and deleted the line by using dev C++. but how do i compile it into one plugin so i can see if it fixed the texture problems in ssb? i am a real noob at this so dont make fun of my dumb actions :1964:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
If I had visual C++ .net 03 I'd do it, I followed the directions, but I dont have the software. Sorry guys :(

If I'm not allowed to do this, please edit this post, but heres the fixed source, all it needs is a good compiling:

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Hexidecimal said:
If I had visual C++ .net 03 I'd do it, I followed the directions, but I dont have the software. Sorry guys :(

If I'm not allowed to do this, please edit this post, but heres the fixed source, all it needs is a good compiling:

thnx, i will install the directx9 SDK and compile now.......

/EDIT/
I have only the DX9a SDK, i'm downloading the DX9b SDK now, after this i will compile.......

/EDIT2/
More one update needed, sorry......
(This will take more time....... :( )

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hexidecimal said:

There isn't a point to modify only 1 line of the code and repost the whole package. So just leave it to people who can program to worry about it.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Compiled, but now i don't have time to test.... i made only a VERY fast test....
pls test and report here, ok?

Thx for Rice for the fast support............. and the plugin......

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop\RiceVideo\Release\BuildLog.htm"
RiceVideo - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Rice thnx so very much for your work thus far!!! Your dedication and ability to listen to us silly forumers is simply amazing!!! Enjoy your break and best of luck in the things you get up 2 in that time!

Clements

Nighty0 said:
Compiled, but now i don't have time to test.... i made only a VERY fast test....
pls test and report here, ok?

Thx for Rice for the fast support............. and the plugin......

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop\RiceVideo\Release\BuildLog.htm"
RiceVideo - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

The fix worked, the textures in SSB are now correct.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I really want to thank you Rice, for your efforts on N64 emulation, you will always be a memorable contribuitor, Good Luck with your real life!