What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

jessman1988

Banned
hey, what are good settings for Perfect Dark? Many textures are warped such as the sky, and other things flicker on my screen sometimes. Please help. This is OVERALL a MUCH NEEDED release though. Thanks again!

dataangel

Excellent work =)

But the rice plugin definitely still has its place -- Direct64 leaves behind everyone without pixel shaders.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Enjoy your leave from this project.

Great stuff Rice, well done, pat on the back, high five yourself and all that. :)

tuw

nice job with TWINE seeing the gun makes everything much easier again. now just a problem where glass seems to appear in front of people, first place i noticed it was the first level, going into the safty deposit box room the window is infront of the lady in the room when you first walk in, and with most angles it appears this way.

With the great coding of this drive though it will be a shame not to have rice working on it anymore, he will be missed.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Very nicely done Rice. Have a great break man, you deserve it, without your plugin I never would have played DR. Mario 64. Such great work. Hope to see you return.

rcgamer

the old guy
I dont know if this was already happening but i dont think ive heard it. 5.6.0 shows some graphics from battle for naboo now. you have to use pj64 and jabos sound. turn off software transform and lighting, no framebuffers, only have at the first drawing as your frame update at. you get the little dots then you can hear the little starting video you see a small flash during the video but otherwise its white screen, then you see parts of the title screen when you press start there you see a selection screen . then another screen follows it. thats it. but i dont think any other plugin even boots it up. anyway here is a pic of the select screen (i guess your selecting a ship). you can actually go through the selections to but as you can see you dont know what you are selecting anyway.

also of course i told you already about rogue squadron showing some graphics too. but indiana jones also shows some small graphics as well. though not much at all.

I just thought it was cool.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Check out the awesome Dr. Mario 64 shots, complete with working puffball to the right side of the game menu, I never thought I'd see that working. All at default settings too! Also, a two player game, perfect graphics, 59 VIs a second. Amazing.

The only thing I see is, there are BIG texture problems in SSB.

Iriez

Thank you rice, you work is greatly appreciated. I, along with many many other people have been eagerly awaiting the latest release w/src to see this project strive on other platforms = )

Kudos to you.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Excellent plugin Rice. Nice to see you were working so hard on the plugin. As Hexidecimal said, the textures in ssb are really messed up but it's no biggie seeing how good you got Conkers and Goldeneye looking better.

Finally the Rocket Launcher is working right in multiplayer

rcgamer

the old guy
I also have the messed up textures in ssb but the fireballs are fixed. lol thats probably how it got broken huh.

ggab

Emutalk Member
Everything what I must say is: thanks!
You did an excellent plugin, and I believe that it will remain by a long time like one of the best ones. see u!!!

emu4ever

ThaX rice , you have done a amazingly good job§§ :arabia:

I know it is hard with real life and programming..SO GOOD LUCK with your break... =)

Zuljin

I have problem with Lens of Truth in Zelda OoT MQ.
In version 5.5.1 and 5.6.0 the chests don't disappear no matter what I change in options. In 5.6.0 the lens isn't even round.
The screens are from 5.4.3b, 5.5.1 and 5.6.0

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hexidecimal said:
The only thing I see is, there are BIG texture problems in SSB.

hm, SSB is one of the most played games. Since I know where the problem is exactly (just made the change right before releasing), maybe I can help a little bit here for someone who knows programming and cares about the problem.

Looking for the CTextureManager::ExpandTexture() function in TextureCache.cpp, find these two lines.

if( mask == 0 || clamp )
//if( mask == 0 )

Delete the first line, and uncomment the second line.

if( mask == 0 )

Rice