What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Retexturing problem

Yv0386-51

Hey there!

As you can read in the title, I have a retexturing problem.
The problem is probably extremely easy to solve, but I don't seem to find a solution for it anywhere. So I'm trying to change a texture in Rayman 2 ( I chose one from texture_dump/Rayman 2/ci_by_png *name could be wrong, I don't have time to check it* ), I make the texture, completely following this guide. ( size&pixels/inch*3, then painting everything and saving ) with Paint Shop Pro 9. I save them in the right folder ( ../Plugin/hires_texture/Rayman 2/*texture name* )
But here comes the problem: The texture load in the Rice plugin ( it shows loading screen ), but it doesn't show up.

I don't know what causes this. The plugin is working fine ( I hope so ) with the hires textures option ON, the texture is in the right folder, it has the right name, there is no palette I removed ( the png file from Rayman 2 has none ), I keeped some transparent in the picture, I resized the pic EXACTLY *3, etc.

Here are the two textures ( though the names are modified by imageshack - they removed the #'s and added something at the end of the filename ):

rayman23de86d6e20590b3cix6.png

rayman23de86d6e20590b3cxb5.png

What could I be doing wrong?

Oh, by the way, this is practice, so don't comment on the the bad retexture, but search for a solution for the problem! Thanks!

EDIT -> Solved! Seems only Resizing x4 works.
EDIT 2 -> Another problem :(

Last edited:
OP
Y

Yv0386-51

But then the guide is incorrect.
-Resize this image so that it is 2, 3, or 4 times bigger it's original size. I also change the pixles per inch from 72 to 300. (Not sure if this makes a difference. Confirmation required.)

I'll try it anyways.

EDIT -> Yeah, it seems to work! Thank you! The guide is wrong, then.

Last edited:

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
x3 is not a ^2 dimension, and most video cards will just sample it up/down to the closest fit. I think x3 was disabled so that there wasn't that problem.

OP
Y

Yv0386-51

Yeah, that's probably the reason.

Anyway, I did a lot of textures already, though one of them doesn't seem to work:

Before:
rayman2ee24877820090269fq0.png

After:
rayman2ee24877820090269da8.png

Now I really don't know what the problem could be. It's resized x4, pixels/inch x4 too, no palette changed, no transparency added, etc.

Please help me! :(

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
Open up that image again in photoshop, duplicate the layer, and then delete the background layer.