What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

cerebus5

oh.. ok. ill look into this stuff when/if i get a new one.

i mean, you would think the specs wouldn't need to be that good to comprehend a simple shader,no?

Ok to clarify you can play N64 emulators with that PC if you just upgrade the gpu - but the pc itself is so old it's hardly worthwhile IMO. For one thing you'll need AGP which is much more expensive because it's older tech. There isn't much point upgrading one element of the PC, really rather save up for a new computer altogether.

tjwoosta

The pictures in the first post of this thread look amazing, especially the outline ones, but the download links are not working, are there any mirrors?

tjwoosta

Ok, I think I found the shaders I was looking for. I grabbed them from mudlords domain here

Now I have a folder with about 20 different shaders. Which one do I use to get the outline effect like in the first post?

EDIT: I have tried every single one and none of them make the drawing like effect seen on page 1 of this thread. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

45saa

When I run patch.exe and point it at the RiceVideo .dll file, the patch immediately crashes. I've tried running it as an administrator and it seems that isn't the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

askl

Does anyone have a copy of patch.exe? I can't download the shaders from the Emuforums link; I just get redirected to the main forum. I was able to find the shaders elsewhere, but there's no patch, which means I don't have d4rk.dll, which means I'm getting nasty errors.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Does anyone know if "any" shader will work? I have a SSAO shader I want to try.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to get for than one shader active at a time? Can I just paste the second shader into the fakehdr.fx file?

Vandrick

You have to use mudlords rice video 6.1.3 with dx9 support. The shaders are well worth it. You can write your own shaders for it if you know how to. It works in 2 passes. If you want to do more then one shader its possable but you will have to modify the source. It is possable for some one to upgrade the newest plugin and add pixel shader support but its a bit of work to do.

Im working on a toon shader. when im done ill find a place to host it then ill upload the files and my shader.

MaXiMuMMaXiMuS

I know this might be quite the newbie question but, is it possible to use other shaders with this "hack"? Like shader model 4.0 hdr or something with more advanced rendering techniques, and where would i find shaders like this if they do indeed exist?

Last edited:

IBBIAZ

Howdy.

I don't know if this is more of a Rice question or another question, but I'm trying to use both high res texture packs and the shaders using the linked Mudlord's Rice 6.1.3 DX9.

Problem: Rice 6.1.3 won't load all textures, so some are missing, so right now it seems I either have to use full textures or shaders.

So, is there a fix for 6.1.3 that loads all textures, or is there another plugin that runs these shaders?

(on a sidenote, does anyone have the outline shader in the original post?)

Last edited:

Toon-Link

OK, the shader works, but not all Textures are loading

Where can find the The Very_Bata_Cell Shader

Last edited by a moderator: