What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

cerebus5

It might be that you're using PJ64 1.6 instead of 1.7. Try using 1964. I don't know why but it always seems to work better with the shader plugin.

gllt

Using latest shaders/patch I;

Patch Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.3 DX9
Place d4rk in folder with said patched plugin
Put shader.fx in said folder
Load 1964/PJ64 with RV613DX9, two versions may be shown. One patched, one unpatched.
No key should be used to turn it on or off anymore
I use and create shaders every day this way.

mode7

I'm using the latest version of the shaders (the one you hosted on Oct. 15th), 1964, Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.3 DX9, and a Geforce 8800GT which supports up to shader modell 4 (but I think not in WinXP which I'm usiung.
I patched the RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll. Patching the RiceVideo.dll does not have any results.

cerebus5

I can email you the version of d4rk and the bloom filter that I'm using if it would help. You could just load them directly yourself.

Ransu

Hi, sorry for bumping an old post, but I did have Mudlord's shaders at one time. However, I formatted my hard drive and now none of the download links in this thread seem to work. Could someone post a new link to them? I'd appreciate it. :)

cerebus5

Gosh...I'm not sure where they're hosted now. I think I have them on my hard drive, perhaps I could just mail them to you?

MisterAnonym

The same here, I found this thread half an hour ago and all hosted packs and files are down. I would really love if someone can prepare a mirror once more or just mail them to me.

cerebus5

Hm looks like I don't have the patcher for it to work. Wonder what I did with it. I do have the d4rk.dll though, so it might work anyhow if you put it into the main directory. And I have all the latest shader.fx files. PM me if you want me to email what I have to you.

VinnyC

lol, I still can't get this to work right. When I first tried this over a year ago it would kinda work sometimes, and it was linked to a key on the numpad to turn it on and off. Since then, it has never worked again. I've probably re-installed Windows three times since then, and have also upgraded all my drivers and hardware. I think I'm destined to just not get this working. :(

1) Install Project64 1.6
2) Install RiceVideoSetup and point it at C:\Program Files\Project64.exe
3) Run Patch.exe and point it at C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll
4) Ensure the patcher also put the d4rk.dll in C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin
5) Drop one of the many shader.fx files into C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin

If any of the above steps are wrong, PLEASE let me know!

Anyway, running it results in this
pj64_error.jpg

Followed by quite a few more similar errors.

If I put the d4rk.dll directly into C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6, I wont get any errors, but Project64 will just crash. I also tried copying the shader.fx file here, and even RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll. Now I know that these aren't supposed to go here, but... unless I put d4rk.dll here it has all those errors. And obviously, neither way results in any shaders working! Gosh dangit I wish this would work.

I have also tried the above steps but patching RiceVideo.dll instead of RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll. I don't get any errors or crashing, but it still does not work.

I have Windows XP SP3 32bit, Q9550, 4GB DDR2, and a GTX260 with the March 2009 DirectX installation and ForceWare 181.22 WHQL.

Last edited:

Sachiel

lol, I still can't get this to work right. When I first tried this over a year ago it would kinda work sometimes, and it was linked to a key on the numpad to turn it on and off. Since then, it has never worked again. I've probably re-installed Windows three times since then, and have also upgraded all my drivers and hardware. I think I'm destined to just not get this working. :(

1) Install Project64 1.6
2) Install RiceVideoSetup and point it at C:\Program Files\Project64.exe
3) Run Patch.exe and point it at C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll
4) Ensure the patcher also put the d4rk.dll in C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin
5) Drop one of the many shader.fx files into C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin

If any of the above steps are wrong, PLEASE let me know!

Anyway, running it results in this
pj64_error.jpg

Followed by quite a few more similar errors.

If I put the d4rk.dll directly into C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6, I wont get any errors, but Project64 will just crash. I also tried copying the shader.fx file here, and even RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll. Now I know that these aren't supposed to go here, but... unless I put d4rk.dll here it has all those errors. And obviously, neither way results in any shaders working! Gosh dangit I wish this would work.

I have also tried the above steps but patching RiceVideo.dll instead of RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll. I don't get any errors or crashing, but it still does not work.

I have Windows XP SP3 32bit, Q9550, 4GB DDR2, and a GTX260 with the March 2009 DirectX installation and ForceWare 181.22 WHQL.
kk, let's see if i can help. First you need to have d4rk.dll in the same folder as the exe, not the plugin folder, everytime you copy a shader.fx file in the same folder as the exe, you need to rename it to "fakehdr.fx" for it to work. There ya go.

VinnyC

THANK YOU! IT FINALLY WORKS! ALSO CAPS LOCK IS ON!

1) Install Project 64 1.6 to default directory
2) Run RiceVideoSetup.exe and point it at C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Project64.exe
4) Cut d4rk.dll out of C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin and paste into C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\
5) Copy a shader file that you want into C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\ and rename it from shader.fx to fakehdr.fx
6) Set the graphics plugin to RiceVideo 6.1.3DX9
7) Set it to PixelShader (at least I did)
8) Start the game and tadah!