What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Quick Cel-Shaded retexture possibility. (quick look)

eternalcold

Okay I wont waste much of your time. but i came across this online converter that converts raster images to vector images. And when i tried it, i realized that it made things look... cel-shaded.... sorda... So. i was wondering if this could be a quick way to make a cel-shaded pack. I understand it wouldnt be great quality. but just as a thought.

preview:

shield2.png
shield-cel.jpg

I didnt scale the vectorized image to the normal one, but yeah thats the general concept.

EDIT: here is the link to the converter: http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/

Just tell me what ya think. thanks

Last edited:
OP
E

eternalcold

well there are a lot of different settings. you should check it out, play around with it a bit. maybe there will be something you like.

WWLink

Hero of Winds
I think that looks great for a cell shaded texture. Almost as good as handmade textures. Just wondering, what settings did you use on that shield, it looks pretty good.

EDIT: I can't open this filetype! I got a great result, but I can't open EPS's or SVG's.

EDIT 2: Got a converter, but it's really slow, and i would like a photo editor that can just open and save quickly in PNG. Anyways, here's my results with the Hylian Shield, with the settings being photo on low.

Last edited:
OP
E

eternalcold

hey sorry for the late reply. Well, i have photoshop, and it can import the file types. But also, you can just screenshot it (print screen) but that was only so i could show you guys. i can look into a better converter if you want.

EDIT: and as far as the settings, i used photograph and converted to vector on low quality. Low quality takes out the finer details. also, the other settings can work, depending on the texture.

Last edited:

WWLink

Hero of Winds
hey sorry for the late reply. Well, i have photoshop, and it can import the file types. But also, you can just screenshot it (print screen) but that was only so i could show you guys. i can look into a better converter if you want.

EDIT: and as far as the settings, i used photograph and converted to vector on low quality. Low quality takes out the finer details. also, the other settings can work, depending on the texture.

Okay. Do you know if any textures turn out good on any of the logo settings? All the ones I try look better in photo.

OP
E

eternalcold

If anyone else has some textures they want to try, post the results to better the thread, and to possibly get more people to see this approach. i just would like to hear more opinions.