What's new

questions about Epsxe

OP
R

realworksuks

I have another question to ask which is a noob question. If i buy that graphics card you were talking about, will my integrated card continue using up the 256 mb of ram that it constantly uses up? Or when I get the new graphics card does it just disable the old one completely, and that 256 mb of ram can go to other things? I hope anyway that I can use that extra 256 mb of ram.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
the old card in this case will automaticlly be disabled and the ram will be freed up for other things

xneoangel

Persona User
realworksuks said:
I have another question to ask which is a noob question. If i buy that graphics card you were talking about, will my integrated card continue using up the 256 mb of ram that it constantly uses up? Or when I get the new graphics card does it just disable the old one completely, and that 256 mb of ram can go to other things? I hope anyway that I can use that extra 256 mb of ram.

Well i don't know exactly what you are asking bacause i dont know if you are talking about system ram(the ram that is on your motherboard) or about vram(the ram that is in your video card) but i'll give the 2 possible answers anyway.

First yes by installing another Video Card you are disabling the integrated one.
Second if you are talking about system ram yes those 256mb of ram will be freed but if you are talking about vram then no by disabling the integrated card you also disable anything that's on the actual card so you won't be able to use them.

If it's vram you were talking about, vram can only be used by your graphics card so even if it wasn't disabled you would only have a performance increase on gaming and not on anything else.

Anyway 256MB of VRAM is enough for now.

OP
R

realworksuks

I thought my topic was dead, I couldn't find it anywhere. I bought a new card actually. A Geforce 7600 GT. I don't know how to disable my old integrated card though. I tried going into the bios but I don't know what to disable.