What's new

PS3 pwns all

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Doom, there is nothing we could say or do that would make tye stik less of a sony fanboy, in his eyes they can do no wrong which is just foolishness.

This is not true... when Sony was found installing root kits on peoples computers I was marching with a picket sign screaming "down with the empire".

Foolishness is Doomulation with his closed minded atitude and unrelenting anti-PS bigotry. This machine will be awesome, whether it is successful or not, this is the best that Sony (a company that has delivered 2 of the best consoles ever) has to offer.

The COOLNESS FACTOR is a big deal to me... why do people buy fast cars with wing-doors and angry looking head lights? Not because they have small penis'... its 'cause its fucking COOL. Cool, cool, cool.

"Hell yeah, behbeh... I gotsa PS3 in my room, wanna check it out?"

smegforbrain

A computer can do that, and you already have one.

Unfortunately, neither Microsoft or Sony are thinking that way.

Consoles have been moving slowly closer to true computers for awhile, and the line will only continue to blur more and more as these two think of their next-gen machines as all-in-one machines.

Doom, there is nothing we could say or do that would make tye stik less of a sony fanboy, in his eyes they can do no wrong which is just foolishness.

Well, just to be fair, based on the comments I've read here the last few months, there are some of you that think Sony can do no right, as well. :)

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
*Blu-Ray is great format and it will allow the developers to do more

Yeah right, it will allow them to deliver fully uncompressed textures and videos because they are too lazy to compress them and they want to say "yarr we filled up a 25 gb disc"

As for the PS3 hype, the price is high because the specs are high, that is juast a fact. The thing is that are things like the cell processor and blu ray a must? I guess no. That's why PS3 is more expensive and Sony wanted to take that risk, only history will tell if PS3 will sell well

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
*High price
We don't like high prices. We can't afford high prices. We aren't made of money.

*HD is stupid
We don't HD yet. HDTVs are still expensive and many do not have them. DVDs have perfect quality for me, so why would I need HD?

*Blu-Ray is Stupid
Yes, it is indeed. It has more DRM crap than HD-DVD and supported by Sony. And experience tells me that nothing Sony does is ever good.

*Unnecessary features
I don't want to pay $300 extra for things I don't use!

*The Europe delay
Yes, we Europeans are screwed once more. Good job, Sony.

*The price is because of the features it has.
What if we don't WANT those features? I'd rather wait to see which format wins and honestly, I don't surf the web on the TV, I don't play with media on the TV and I certainly don't run homebrew software on that TV.

*HD will be great for those with and HDTV
Well, most don't have and the whole hype point is that you MUST have one to play PS3 games. And I don't have one and I don't have the money to buy one. Not to mention 1080p TVs are even more expensive. Which, again, Sony urges you to get.

*Blu-Ray is great format and it will allow the developers to do more
No... IT... WILL... NOT!
It has more storage, sure. But since when is using more discs such a big no-no? Tell me one Blu-ray has that DVDs do not, and that does not include space.

*Do you really need Wi-Fi that much?, No memory card slots? you have a hard drive for gods sake.
Good luck dragging that heavy stupid machine to your friends house and copy the save game files to another PS3.

*Ok the europe delay is a mistake, but hey europe ALWAYS gets delays, aren't you used to that already?
NO! Europe ALWAYS get screwed. It's time we STOPPED getting screwed.

Besides most of these hate comments come from people which have always hated sony which are the minority.
Does it matter? Some people are just too blind to see what Sony is offering and blindly purchases it because it's a "Sony product."
Other Sony fans are seeing the price and getting worried...

Anyway do you guys really believe on the internet and the media which is always filled of lies and fake promises?
Yes. I never use 'em.

Oh come on learn from past mistakes people, dont judge a book by its cover.
Wait and see, time will tell.
So indeed it will. But Sony could still scrap those useless features.

P.S: Can you give me something new? all you guys have told about sony, i have heard it before, and repeating the same story over and over wont get you nowhere.
PS: Can you give us a good argument as why to get the PS3?

Tye Sik said:
Foolishness is Doomulation with his closed minded atitude and unrelenting anti-PS bigotry. This machine will be awesome, whether it is successful or not, this is the best that Sony (a company that has delivered 2 of the best consoles ever) has to offer.

The COOLNESS FACTOR is a big deal to me... why do people buy fast cars with wing-doors and angry looking head lights? Not because they have small penis'... its 'cause its fucking COOL. Cool, cool, cool.
Foolishness is YOU.
I'm not close minded. I am not going to fork out $600 for a gaming system. If Sony lowered the price, then yes, maybe I will.
And sony have NOT delivered the best consoles. They may have been the most POPULAR, but by far NOT the best. Slow, buggy, very, very fragile, long loading times. Ring a bell?

Only a fool would care about the "coolness factor." I don't buy a care because it's more expensive, dammit. I'm not made out of money. Sony can stick its PS3 up its arse. I'd rather buy a Revolution because it's smaller, lighter and much, much less expensive. That makes it more cool in my book.

I'll let you on on a little secret...
I have a PS2. WOW! Goodness! I got it not so long ago, actually... and why? Because many games are just PS2. And FINALLY the price is low enough to actually purchase one. I've owned a Gamecube pretty long now. Why? Because it has ALWAYS been cheap.

smegforbrain

Good luck dragging that heavy stupid machine to your friends house and copy the save game files to another PS3.

Umm, maybe I'm off base here, but the PS3 will have USB ports, yes?

Which means, with a hard drive, and a USB flash drive - which are cheaper for far larger sizes than PS2 memory cards anyways - memory cards are no longer necessary (save for playing PS1 or PS2 games, presumably).

NO! Europe ALWAYS get screwed. It's time we STOPPED getting screwed.

*chuckle* Then you're going to have to move from Europe, because it's not going to change any time soon. Europe gets screwed with everything in technology. Well, save internet speeds in some countries... god we are so lagging there in most of the US.

revl8er

That Damn Good
My boss at gamestop had a chance to test the ps3 at a convention and said that they couldnt get any of the ps3 games to work on it. She said that it just gave a disk read error. If sony is planning on releasing it next month, they better get their asses in gear and fix it. I am a sony fan, I wounldnt consider myself a fanboy though, since I am not bias to what system I get as long as it has good games. I already have my Wii reserved, and I'm planning on getting a PS3 after it's been out for a while.

Now we all know that the system itself is a overpriced, due to the extra features it has, whether its useful or not. I personally could care less about having a blue ray player, or any of the other crap as long as I get my metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. What you have to understand Tye is that true gamers don't care about features, graphics, etc. All we care about is a good game. I would take a NES or SNES over a XBox or 360 right now due to the lack of good games. Hell, I'd take a NES or SNES over a PS2 any day because of how great those consoles were.

We can have a discussion about this until the console is released, but I personally am tired of seeing the same argument over and over. Also, the games are gonna be about $70 when the console is released from what I've seen. Most likely the price is gonna rise on the newer games.

Doomulation

Umm, maybe I'm off base here, but the PS3 will have USB ports, yes?

Which means, with a hard drive, and a USB flash drive - which are cheaper for far larger sizes than PS2 memory cards anyways - memory cards are no longer necessary (save for playing PS1 or PS2 games, presumably).
Speak for yourself. Gamecube memory cards (especially from 3rd parties) were not expensive at all, as contrary to Sony's memory cards.
And I don't find that HD to be anything good at all. Sony just stuffed it in as an excuse for media and less loading times. They never care to make PROPER technology that makes loading times less. They just slap in a HD to offload the contents of the disks.

*chuckle* Then you're going to have to move from Europe, because it's not going to change any time soon. Europe gets screwed with everything in technology. Well, save internet speeds in some countries... god we are so lagging there in most of the US.

That's not funny. I'm not moving away anytime soon. I will NOT move to USA, and if my wish comes true, EVER. Worst country ever with the likes of RIAA and the like.
Europe is NOT a bad continent. It's just that companies tend to favour USA over Europe which is sad thing(TM). They need to understand that Europe is JUST as important as USA. Sony can screw themselves.

Sony are being real assholes on this issue as well. They won't release the PS3 to Europe for, oh, like 6 months or more. If there's additional shortages I'm sure the Europe will have to wait AGAIN. They also seem to hate importing. They sued Lik-sang and prevented them from selling PSP and PS3 to Europe imported from Japan. Real nice, Sony, real nice...

WhiteX

Now we all know that the system itself is a overpriced, due to the extra features it has, whether its useful or not. I personally could care less about having a blue ray player, or any of the other crap as long as I get my metal gear solid 4 and final fantasy 13. What you have to understand Tye is that true gamers don't care about features, graphics, etc. All we care about is a good game. I would take a NES or SNES over a XBox or 360 right now due to the lack of good games. Hell, I'd take a NES or SNES over a PS2 any day because of how great those consoles were.

We can have a discussion about this until the console is released, but I personally am tired of seeing the same argument over and over. Also, the games are gonna be about $70 when the console is released from what I've seen. Most likely the price is gonna rise on the newer games.

Best reply to this thread!:)

Serously, PS3 is about smth else than gaming and games are all that matter.

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
the only good reason to buy a console is for games exclusively for consoles or for the gaming experience that can be found only on consoles. If you think a Ps3 can do everything that a computer can do... umm... Buy a computer.
Which is why I personally am buying a Wii. sheesh.

BlueFalcon7

OK, I honestly dont nderstand why I should spend $200 more on a system so I can view digital pictures on my TV? Oh wait, the 360 can do that, my mistake :rolleyes: Is there anything a PS3 can do that a Wii, and a 360 can't do? (other than blu-ray discs) or am I just seeing a rise in energy bills here from the heat produced, and power consumed.

I dont have a HDTV, and I dont plan on getting one soon. Im not made of money either. I dont even have enough for a Wii yet. On top of that, Look at my system specs, I am still stuck with a stupid Dell from 3 years ago, when I was too young for a job, and my mom wouldnt give me money to build a new one, so she gave me hers, and took my crappy one. I am in no position to spend $1,000 on a HDTV.

Borisz

to quote the track "Flakes" from Frank Zappa (track #2 on the 1979 album "Sheik Yerbouti"):

I'm a moron, 'n' this is my wife
She's frosting a cake with a paper knife
All what we got here's American made
It's a little bit cheesey, But it's nicely displayed

Well we don't get excited when it Crumbles 'n' breaks
We just get on the phone And call up some Flakes

They rush on over 'N' wreck it some more
'N' we are so dumb They're linin' up at our door

Doomulation

Now Sony sues Lik-sang out of business... What are we to expect from them? Is there someone here who truly wants to buy a PS3 after this?

WhiteX

I am still stuck with a stupid Dell from 3 years ago, when I was too young for a job, and my mom wouldnt give me money to build a new one, so she gave me hers, and took my crappy one. I am in no position to spend $1,000 on a HDTV.

I got a newborn kid, a mortgage and a 21" TV, PS3 is not for me.
I live in the "projects", most of the ppl here have roughly the same setup, PS3 is not for them.
Wii are the champions, my friend.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
As I said earlier Sony has the fault of including the expensive Cell processor and blu ray stuff that makes the PS3 so expensive, so it's a big risk for Sony IMO because of the high price, and sales have a direct relation with the price.

About if the NES or SNES were better consoles, the fact is that they have great games, old games were very good and fun. Now with all the eye candy game developers forgot about the gameplay and keep focusing in better graphics. So it's not that the consoles are great or not, it's just that the new games are not so great. That's actionaly Nintendo bet with Wii : focus on gameplay.

I must say that I'm not a Sony, MS or Nintendo fan. In fact I don't have plans to buy any new console, so I'm trying to give you guys a neutral opinion.

In the end the thing that matters are the games. Past games were better, or maybe we are getting older (I include myself) and we are starting to dislike a little bit the new games. It's not bad, is just a generation gap and is natural, as it happens with music, TV shows and other cultural changes

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Don't buy a PS3. It will give you cervical cancer!

Okay that's a lie, the real reason you shouldn't buy a PS3 is because of the company who is selling it. Sony is a corporate whore, and yes, I know, so is Microsoft, but you won't see me yelling go buy a 360 either.

If you want any proof that you shouldn't be buying a PS3 this season (other then the fact you can't because they failed their shipping promise miserably) go check out Lik-Sang.com - Import Games & finest Videogame Accessories while you still can, because sony shut them down for selling PSPs to Europe. Bullshit, total. fucking. bullshit.

I'll be the first one to admit I have a PS1 and a PS2, I love them both, but the PS3 is an overpriced, oversized piece of dual untested and uncertain technologies (Cell and Blu Ray) and it stinks to high hell from be produced by a company who hates their customers?

And before anyone asks, How does sony hate their customers any more then MS does. Firmware Updates. The Firmware updates on the PSP are directly targeted AGAINST homebrew developers, and homebrew is the ONLY thing the PSP has going for it. The games for the PSP, with a couple exceptions (Lumines, Burnout, and the new Metal Gear game looks okay) are completely forgettable, the UMD movie thing is a JOKE, and even the retailers know it (i work for BestBuy, I can count the number of UMD movies I've seen sold there on one hand) and their new "features" are things that should have been included from day one.

The bottom line is, the majority of people buying consoles these days are childrens parents, and college students. College students, for the most part, are more concerned with 1) Booze 2) Pot 3) School Books, being their 3 major expenses. Parents don't know anything about game consoles in the vast majority, and when they walk into Wal Marts, Best Buys and Targets across the country, see they can get a PS3 at 600 bucks, or a 360 at 300, and they will have almost all the same game (minus exclusives), and still have almost enough money for a Nintendo Wii, it's no contest, the 360 will win 9 times out of 10.

Sony is a crook, and they practice customer hating buisness, I will not buy their products. Infact, I tell people at Best Buy all the time NOT to buy sony product for these same reasons, and it usually works.

Flash

Technomage
There's a lot of good games for PS2 but console itself is unreliable piece of crap
I still have my PS1 JAP, first model, it still works. PS2 died after three years.

For M$ - Windows is crap but i have Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 - for its price it's an excellent mouse. At least they make good mice and keyboards :)

Sony also made malicious software, they made attempt to create copy protected cds using rootkit, which not only can kill your system but also leaves open door to anyone to install and execute any program on your PC.

Lik-Sang... i've got my Hori Real Arcade Pro stick and NGPC from them within four days...
Damn you, Sony !

It's a beginning of cyberpunk-like totalitarian society where huge greedy corporations rule the world and ordinary people treated like shit.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Offtopic: MS mice and keyboards are good, but why do you want them when you can have Logitech instead :p

Borisz

I got a newborn kid, a mortgage and a 21" TV, PS3 is not for me.

ADASHDAHSUDOAH YOU ARE NOT HARDCORE ENUFF FOR A PS3 GTFO
Or at least, that's what Sony expects from its fans.
Don't waste 600$. Buy an Xbox360 and a Wii instead.

Offtopic: MS mice and keyboards are good, but why do you want them when you can have Logitech instead
Cause, um, he may like the MS stuff more?

Funny how the software department of Microsoft is lacking in quality, but their hardware is extremely good. The X360 pad is considered one of the best gamepads in a long time too. Probably caused by the fact that they actually have competition there. Internet Explorer was good till it had Nutscrape to beat on, after that they got lazy and bugs kept piling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.